ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2015 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Post by 110 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Cyanne2420 wrote:
banana07 wrote:sorry to hear that Cayanne.. the good news is that you dont have to apply again in august 2016.. they will resume your application on august 2016 and send you a letter that they are processing it etc.. fingers crossed you would be still in ireland by then!
I hope I'll still be here in Ireland..lol I have only myself to blame cause I let it too long before I apply..should have applied when my rep sheet in Ireland in beautiful instead 10 yrs later after a big buzz up with my traffic conviction..lol my husband and I was made redundant the time I applied and he was on job seeker allowance n me claiming as his dependent.

I just wish there's a way to appeal my situation with the defer instead of just sitting here n wait till next year..bahh lol
HI Cyanne2420,

Sorry to hear that, however since they have not rejected your application and only differed it you have a very good chance of getting it next year, if you read just few post behind, one of the lads got his approval last week after his application was differed for an year last year.

best of luck

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:35 pm

GUYS ANY BODY NEWS WHEN WILL BE THE NEXT CEREMONY

Cyanne2420
Newly Registered

Post by Cyanne2420 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi 110

Thanks..I know it's still a chance..but waiting so long is kinda of a bummer alright..lol

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 am

GUYS ANY BODY NEWS WHEN WILL BE THE NEXT CEREMONY to who receive the approval letter for this month

Post by 110 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:35 pm

anyone called them today ?

granthuse
Newly Registered

Post by granthuse » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi! Whats the difference between a post nuptial citizenship and naturalization?
I am an irish citizen by post nuptial and i leave in spain does the 7 year law apply to me?
thanks.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:25 am

Hello Hello!

Im all fine its just living abroad take my brain away for ireland haha

approvals happen once every 60-75 days (every two months minister gets them, excluding minors which arrive on week to week basis) and then they are returned to inis but because the go and return in batches its not easy to track.

as far as i know fitzgerald is very busy with more enhancements for immigration and top it up with A LOT of non immigration related (you can read pretty much everyday news about things shes involved in)..

no sign for ceremony and no sign for when next approvals coming but I guess they are in last week of march.. and ceremony will be announced (not held!) around 7th to 12th of march.. and it might be first of april... again I might be wrong.

Cayanne - traffic offense is not the only reason for your refusal, its also you are (or spouse) is "milking" the dole... and top it up with your type of application which they already treat as suspicious until found otherwise!
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

Mango39
Newly Registered

Post by Mango39 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:01 pm

@ Banana07 Thank you for clarifying a few things about this whole mind wrecking process that I was not aware of. Only one question though, are you saying that apart from the lady's traffic offenses they would also deny her citizenship for being a dependent spouse? Does her husband not have the right to claim her as a dependent if he's unemployed? Please forgive my ignorance on this matter.

mumairsharif

Post by mumairsharif » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:51 pm

In my view its always more than one thing that causes delay or refusal.
If you have traffic offence, you are fine as long as your are having a job & paying taxes.
If you are a only on welfare, that is also OK as long has you have no convictions.
Problem arises when people have more than one issue (conviction & on social welfare .

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:38 pm

My colleague applied in September and was telling me she received an approval letter today.

No convictions, Married to an Irish national, working & paying taxes, nothing complicated.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:55 pm

SouthernWinds wrote:My colleague applied in September and was telling me she received an approval letter today.

No convictions, Married to an Irish national, working & paying taxes, nothing complicated.
Hi,

When exactly in September did She apply?

yiseanzhang
Newly Registered

Post by yiseanzhang » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

I apply on mid September 2014. Still no news

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Mango39 wrote:@ Banana07 Thank you for clarifying a few things about this whole mind wrecking process that I was not aware of. Only one question though, are you saying that apart from the lady's traffic offenses they would also deny her citizenship for being a dependent spouse? Does her husband not have the right to claim her as a dependent if he's unemployed? Please forgive my ignorance on this matter.
in reality one issue still delays a bit, but not a reason for rejection unless its a serious offense (criminal or expensive civil).. social welfare is not on agenda for refusal in finegael (it was on others though).. but when you have more than 1 issue, they start to think differently and refuse your application.

jbkc12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jbkc12 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 am

banana07 wrote:
Mango39 wrote:@ Banana07 Thank you for clarifying a few things about this whole mind wrecking process that I was not aware of. Only one question though, are you saying that apart from the lady's traffic offenses they would also deny her citizenship for being a dependent spouse? Does her husband not have the right to claim her as a dependent if he's unemployed? Please forgive my ignorance on this matter.
in reality one issue still delays a bit, but not a reason for rejection unless its a serious offense (criminal or expensive civil).. social welfare is not on agenda for refusal in finegael (it was on others though).. but when you have more than 1 issue, they start to think differently and refuse your application.
@banana07
Whats the expensive civil mean ?

Cyanne2420
Newly Registered

Post by Cyanne2420 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:44 am

banana07 wrote:Hello Hello!

Im all fine its just living abroad take my brain away for ireland haha

approvals happen once every 60-75 days (every two months minister gets them, excluding minors which arrive on week to week basis) and then they are returned to inis but because the go and return in batches its not easy to track.

as far as i know fitzgerald is very busy with more enhancements for immigration and top it up with A LOT of non immigration related (you can read pretty much everyday news about things shes involved in)..

no sign for ceremony and no sign for when next approvals coming but I guess they are in last week of march.. and ceremony will be announced (not held!) around 7th to 12th of march.. and it might be first of april... again I might be wrong.

Cayanne - traffic offense is not the only reason for your refusal, its also you are (or spouse) is "milking" the dole... and top it up with your type of application which they already treat as suspicious until found otherwise!
I find ur comment of me or my spouse "milking" the dole quite disturbingly..my husband and myself have been working and paying taxes the whole duration of my time in ireland until Jan14 which coincide the time I apply and got on the system. In the last year or so we do have odd jobs here and there and gone off the dole and back again as jobs are very sacred in rural ireland.

chiruta
Newly Registered

Post by chiruta » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 am

Got my approval today. Applied in mid Sept 14, regular 5 year stay basis. I was absolutely invisible to the justice system (I mean clean record). Just to add to the pattern of approvals. Usually the approval letters asking for 950 euros turns up just about salary payment days. I had 3 sets of approvals in my household Wife, Kids and now mine, all of the letters just came in as my salary was deposited in my account (OMG are they watching me :) ) i.e. between 23-28th of the month.

Probably co-incidental in my case. :)

Mango39
Newly Registered

Post by Mango39 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:30 am

I am got my Approval today. :D

Applied October 7th 2014 Spouse of Irish Citizen
Acknowledgement letter October 11th
Second stage letter October 28th
Further proof of Address November 26th
Sent November 27th
Acknowledgement of receipt December 2nd
Approval letter February 26th dated on 24th

Good Luck to all who are still waiting on approval.

Mango39
Newly Registered

Post by Mango39 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 am

banana07 wrote:

Thank You Bananao7

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:39 am

chiruta wrote:Got my approval today. Applied in mid Sept 14, regular 5 year stay basis. I was absolutely invisible to the justice system (I mean clean record). Just to add to the pattern of approvals. Usually the approval letters asking for 950 euros turns up just about salary payment days. I had 3 sets of approvals in my household Wife, Kids and now mine, all of the letters just came in as my salary was deposited in my account (OMG are they watching me :) ) i.e. between 23-28th of the month.

Probably co-incidental in my case. :)
Congratulations , hope we all get ours soon

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Apologies cayyane.. I meant no harm when i said milking and i quoted the word as a meaning of how govt perceive it not us.. We understand you pay taxes but govt assume u always will pay etc.. For me i understand that im entitled to dole because i pay taxes, but govt see it otherwise and cant do anything about it unless you go through a process like citiEnship or ltr which do not have regulations as per laws and legislations so they can abuse their powers cos no law protect you in these processes

yiseanzhang
Newly Registered

Post by yiseanzhang » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Got my approval today. Applied in mid Sept 14. Good luck to everyone!

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:32 pm

congratulations for everyone who got the approvals and fingers crossed .

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:43 pm

i think they are making decision of sep applications now..

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:54 pm

At last, great to hear approvals are rolling out! really hope its the end of this annoying waiting game.
Good luck to everyone!

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:59 pm

rang them this morning, they are still working on my application.So in simple words, Dont build up any hope soon. :(