ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2015 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DTD
Newly Registered

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Post by DTD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Thanks KingdomMan Bro,

Wish you the same for your life! I'm waiting a good news from you bro! Hope you get it sooner than you are expecting!

God Bless!

kristine015

Post by kristine015 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi everyone I've recently sent an application form for an Irish citizenship. The application was sent on Friday 20th of November 2015 as spouse of an Irish citizen for more than 3 years. How long does it usually take for them to get back to me? I live in N.Ireland and I think the postage time frame might be slightly slower compare to the republic. It's only been 10 days since I sent it away but I think I'm just being impatient.

joekearns
Newly Registered

Post by joekearns » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:10 am

kristine015 wrote:Hi everyone I've recently sent an application form for an Irish citizenship. The application was sent on Friday 20th of November 2015 as spouse of an Irish citizen for more than 3 years. How long does it usually take for them to get back to me? I live in N.Ireland and I think the postage time frame might be slightly slower compare to the republic. It's only been 10 days since I sent it away but I think I'm just being impatient.
I think they have to reply you in chronological order, It will take just over a month time for them to get back to you.

coming
Newly Registered

Post by coming » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Can Kingdommam explain the reply I received today in demanding update of my application:
Quote your application is an advance stage of processing and will be submitted to the minister expediciuosly.......

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:44 pm

[quote="coming"]Can Kingdommam explain the reply I received today in demanding update of my application:
Quote your application is an advance stage of processing and will be submitted to the minister expediciuosly.......[/quote]
May I ask, when you applied for naturalisation?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:41 pm

coming wrote:Can Kingdommam explain the reply I received today in demanding update of my application:
Quote your application is an advance stage of processing and will be submitted to the minister expediciuosly.......
The update on the status of your application is very positive. It's either your application is about to be submitted or already submitted to the minister for an approval which should happen for you in the next 1 - 2 months from now. Good luck to you in your wait for a favourable decision!

DTD
Newly Registered

Post by DTD » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:45 am

Hi KingdomMan bro

Could you please confirm (if u have come across this before) if the department accepts the laminated birth certificate.

Someone highlighted it to me that they don't accept it but then on some forums, they have accepted it and people for their passports.

The only birth certificate I have is laminated.

Anyone else, please let me know if you know someone who has gone through this before.

Thanks in advance!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:19 am

DTD wrote:Hi KingdomMan bro

Could you please confirm (if u have come across this before) if the department accepts the laminated birth certificate.

Someone highlighted it to me that they don't accept it but then on some forums, they have accepted it and people for their passports.

The only birth certificate I have is laminated.

Anyone else, please let me know if you know someone who has gone through this before.

Thanks in advance!
Hello bro! I think they do accept a laminated birth cert.

belfastni
Newly Registered

Post by belfastni » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:20 am

are the letter of invitation still comming and any idea wht is cut of point for the invitation letter cuz i have reveived mine so far...
is there a number that i could ring n i find out if my letter was posted out or not cuz i paid my fee in oct n still waiting on the invitation letter.

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:24 am

belfastni wrote:are the letter of invitation still comming and any idea wht is cut of point for the invitation letter cuz i have reveived mine so far...
is there a number that i could ring n i find out if my letter was posted out or not cuz i paid my fee in oct n still waiting on the invitation letter.
If you have paid your fees in Oct then I would encourage you to contact them as I know people personally as well as in this forum who have paid at the start of Nov and have got their invitation! I am not sure about the number, probably KingdomMan would be the best person to answer this!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Gracious2015 wrote:
belfastni wrote:are the letter of invitation still comming and any idea wht is cut of point for the invitation letter cuz i have reveived mine so far...
If you have paid your fees in Oct then I would encourage you to contact them as I know people personally as well as in this forum who have paid at the start of Nov and have got their invitation! I am not sure about the number, probably KingdomMan would be the best person to answer this!
Yes! I think it would make sense to email them at citizenshipinfo@justice.ie to know if you stand a chance for the forthcoming ceremony in less than 2 weeks from now. If you do not receive a letter latest this week, then I think you may have to wait for the January/February ceremony to have your day.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Yes! I think it would make sense to email them at citizenshipinfo@justice.ie to know if you stand a chance for the forthcoming ceremony in less than 2 weeks from now. If you do not receive a letter latest this week, then I think you may have to wait for the January/February ceremony to have your day.

Pirsabaq
Newly Registered

Post by Pirsabaq » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi Everyone
I just received my approval today, But my GNIB CARD has been expired for last 3 weeks. I believe we would have to send a valid card with the fees. does anyone have any knowledge if there is any flexibility regarding this? or do I have to apply for a visa again, get a new card and then send it ?
please advise .....

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Pirsabaq wrote:Hi Everyone
I just received my approval today, But my GNIB CARD has been expired for last 3 weeks. I believe we would have to send a valid card with the fees. does anyone have any knowledge if there is any flexibility regarding this? or do I have to apply for a visa again, get a new card and then send it ?
please advise .....
You MUST get your GNIB card renewed and up to date before sending to the INIS.

mahersab

Post by mahersab » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:38 pm

No he don't have to renew the Gnib card there is no requirement for send valid Gnib card , many of my friends send just expired Gnib card and got Invitation letter .
Department want Valid Gnib card only before approval not after approval.
Mahersab

Will=Way
Newly Registered

Post by Will=Way » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:48 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
The answer is yes. I got my approval on 19th Nov. (dated 18), then sent them my GNIB and the fee the following day (20th Nov) with they received on 23rd Nov. Now the interesting part... I contacted them on 26th of Nov to ask if they received the documents I sent them, and also to asked if I do stand a chance of being invited to 14 Dec. Ceremony. Then yesterday this lovely Guy from INIS replied my msg by saying that I would definitely be invited to the ceremony and that an invitation will be issuing to me over the coming days. So definitey more invitations will be issued. I hope yours is among them. Best of luck mate. Cheers

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi Everyone
please advise .....

Pirsabaq, Would you mind if you share your timeline with us, Highly Appreciated.

coming
Newly Registered

Post by coming » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:26 pm

daddy wrote:
coming wrote:Can Kingdommam explain the reply I received today in demanding update of my application:
May I ask, when you applied for naturalisation?[/quote
@ Daddy I applied in 2014 Oct.Ending and I have a traffic offence which I paid part of the fines could not pay the remaining due to my employme3nt at that time but the court has cancelled the remaining fines..which I have submitted to INIS as demanded and I am working Full time since two years ago

coming
Newly Registered

Post by coming » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:30 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
The update on the status of your application is very positive. It's either your application is about to be submitted or already submitted to the minister for an approval which should happen for you in the next 1 - 2 months from now. Good luck to you in your wait for a favourable decision!
@ kingdomans man thanks and God bless

fallen_angel21
Newly Registered

Post by fallen_angel21 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:56 am

Got my approval last 28th of October. Paid the fees last Nov 4 and finally got appointment just this Tuesday 1st of December :D was quite anxious reading the posts here I thought I wasn't going to make this December's ceremony but finally I got it :) hope everyone gets theirs soon as well . :)

joekearns
Newly Registered

Post by joekearns » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:34 am

dublin1924 wrote:Hi Everyone
please advise .....

Pirsabaq, Would you mind if you share your timeline with us, Highly Appreciated.
As it is suggested by other guys on this forum that you need to send GNIB card even if it's expired. Don't need to worry about the validity because they have the record of everyone and they know who have valid and expired cards. That's the standard letter which they send to everyone once the case has been approved. You should be worrying 3weeks earlier when it was not approved..
tnx

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:08 am

fallen_angel21 wrote:Got my approval last 28th of October. Paid the fees last Nov 4 and finally got appointment just this Tuesday 1st of December :D was quite anxious reading the posts here I thought I wasn't going to make this December's ceremony but finally I got it :) hope everyone gets theirs soon as well . :)
Could you please post the time of the ceremony?

fallen_angel21
Newly Registered

Post by fallen_angel21 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Gracious2015 wrote:
fallen_angel21 wrote:Got my approval last 28th of October. Paid the fees last Nov 4 and finally got appointment just this Tuesday 1st of December :D was quite anxious reading the posts here I thought I wasn't going to make this December's ceremony but finally I got it :) hope everyone gets theirs soon as well . :)
Could you please post the time of the ceremony?

Hi Gracious2015 my time is 12:50pm. I'm delighted as I'll be travelling from cork :)

wasay999
Newly Registered

Post by wasay999 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:50 am

Hi guys
I just got my invitation letter today dated 3rd December, appointment at 15:30. I sent the fees and gnib on 8 November received by Inis on 9 November.

My timeline
Stamp 4 Irish spouse, applied on five years residency basis.
Application date 10/06/15
First letter received 17/06/15
Second letter received 01/09/15
Approval dated 27/10/15 received on 29/10/15

I had a traffic offence for drink driving in November 2012 for which I was fined €400 and banned from driving for six months from Feb 2013 to Aug 2013, never went to court.

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:09 pm

@wasay999 and @fallen_angel21, congrats! @mahersab hope you received one as well!