ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by broli » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:04 am

llvlludi »

Congratulation i have been waiting to hear from you on this :mrgreen:

Now sit back and relax for your citizenship

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 am

broli wrote:llvlludi »

Congratulation i have been waiting to hear from you on this :mrgreen:

Now sit back and relax for your citizenship

Thanks Broli, I am sure you will hear from them soon. Hopefully in a week or 2, you will get your stamp. Good luck mate
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

Rayyan1986
Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:06 am

Congratulations to u guys as I had applied my case in decemberand since last 3 months I was getti same replies in emails ur application continue to be processed over n over today they v replied me that correspondence has been issued to u today from this office n u ll receive in comming days .
My questionis this did any 1 know abt it wat it cud b approval or any further doccumentation they required

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:09 am

Rayyan1986 wrote:Congratulations to u guys as I had applied my case in decemberand since last 3 months I was getti same replies in emails ur application continue to be processed over n over today they v replied me that correspondence has been issued to u today from this office n u ll receive in comming days .
My questionis this did any 1 know abt it wat it cud b approval or any further doccumentation they required

It seems you are getting the approval!

Rayyan1986
Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:32 am

It seems you are getting the approval![/quote]

Hmm so frustrating cuz last month they replied in an email that they dont need any further doccumentation or any information from me.lets wait till monday which is more stressfull than anything finger crossed hope for the best

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:55 pm

llvlludi wrote:Just a quick update, regarding my 10 years stamp. Today i got approval letter on my door finally after exactly 10 months. Good luck for those, who are waiting for stamp 4, i guess they have speed up process, a lot of ppl getting stamps now.
Wow congratulations frnd..was waiting for ur approval. .finally :) ..so happy for u frnd..i guess i will be hear soon from them..
Now you can make ur holiday plan with ur family..
Good luck to all who is waiting. ..

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:31 pm

llvlludi wrote:
dad12345 wrote:I got the conclusion that there is no rule, cases differ to each other. I probably got the new stamp so quick because I provided them all documents possible, I have been working in the same company for 9 years and I live in the same address in the last 8 years. All of this probably helped to get this visa renewed as I believe no much search was need. Now, in relation to my citizenship application I am expecting this to take at least 6 months to be reviewed. I wonder if the fact I have got 10-year visa would expedite the process. Not sure if the cross informations though. People are talking about 2nd stage letter. I have not received this letter either some people I know that have got the decision letter, they told me they never received such letter. At this stage I believe I will not be invited for the September ceremony as we are nearly in the end of July.
My case was simple too, My wife was in business last 5 years and we have 3 kids together. They just moved my file 2 weeks ago, after i explained my situation that i have to travel with my children. Last week i got a letter from them , they wanted a Copy of my wife's ID card and exploitation who was the other person on business bank account. That was my wife's business partner, i sent them partnership agreement and business registration certificate.

Anyways, at the end i got it but its bit late now.I will not get approval for citizenship at least for Sep ceremony. My citizenship application is on hold because they have linked citizenship application with EU stamp 4 Approval.

So you managed to get the stamp 4 now and least you can travel. Do you think they link the applications like EU treaty vs Citizenship? If they do this is a good thing I assume and I would say you and me would get the approval letter soon. Anyway, I only applied on the 1st week of March/2016 and I think the ball will roll over for another couple of months though. I lost hope that I will be included in the next ceremony in September. I hear people talking about 2nd stage letter but I have not received it.

Rayyan1986
Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:10 pm

dublin7777 wrote:Welcome on board! We r on the same boat. Let's be patient with them , I also know some few ppl here in same situation . Let's keep our fingers crossed before September ceremony . GOD help us.
Hi dublin 7777 did u get ur approval already ???

p0nc1k
Newly Registered

Post by p0nc1k » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Can someone tell me if one is supposed to receive an acknowledgement letter after sending their GNIB card, pictures and 950 euros?

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 pm

you will receive an invitation to ceremony.

Important Notice guys : Anyone in this forum applied since 2014 and has not received an answer yet ? please guys reply.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:12 am

dhruv87 wrote:
llvlludi wrote:Just a quick update, regarding my 10 years stamp. Today i got approval letter on my door finally after exactly 10 months. Good luck for those, who are waiting for stamp 4, i guess they have speed up process, a lot of ppl getting stamps now.
Wow congratulations frnd..was waiting for ur approval. .finally :) ..so happy for u frnd..i guess i will be hear soon from them..
Now you can make ur holiday plan with ur family..
Good luck to all who is waiting. ..

Thank you very much buddy, I hope your stamp will be sorted by next week. I am going to my local garda station tonight to extend my stamp, As soon i get visa on passport i will send a copy of visa and letter from EU treaty right to Citizenship department, just to let them know about my situation.

I am looking forward for holidays :D
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:22 am

dad12345 wrote:

So you managed to get the stamp 4 now and least you can travel. Do you think they link the applications like EU treaty vs Citizenship? If they do this is a good thing I assume and I would say you and me would get the approval letter soon. Anyway, I only applied on the 1st week of March/2016 and I think the ball will roll over for another couple of months though. I lost hope that I will be included in the next ceremony in September. I hear people talking about 2nd stage letter but I have not received it.

I Applied for citizenship 19th of FEB 2016, I was hoping to get approval for September ceremony. In April, I was asked to send additional documents, related to my wife activities in the state during last 5 years and also birth certificates of my children. So i presume, they have linked my application subject to you EU stamp 4. Last month i checked with them my application status and asked if i will be getting approval for september ceremony, as i had to make my travel plan. I was told my application is still processing and He doesnot think so i will be getting approval for September.

Now i have stamp 4, i will get visa asap and send them a copy of it along with letter from EU treaty right, so at least they will move my application to next level and hopefully will get approval for next ceremony.

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:05 pm

@RIO 29; I have also applied since 2014 . I think we are in the same boat .

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:58 pm

dublin7777 wrote:@RIO 29; I have also applied since 2014 . I think we are in the same boat .
what is the base of naturalisation application, what month you applied in 2014 and any criminal conviction in Ireland or oversas ?

My self sorted 5 month and half after I applied, my wife not yet dude ?

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:36 pm

llvlludi wrote:
dad12345 wrote:

I Applied for citizenship 19th of FEB 2016, I was hoping to get approval for September ceremony. In April, I was asked to send additional documents, related to my wife activities in the state during last 5 years and also birth certificates of my children. So i presume, they have linked my application subject to you EU stamp 4. Last month i checked with them my application status and asked if i will be getting approval for september ceremony, as i had to make my travel plan. I was told my application is still processing and He doesnot think so i will be getting approval for September.

Now i have stamp 4, i will get visa asap and send them a copy of it along with letter from EU treaty right, so at least they will move my application to next level and hopefully will get approval for next ceremony.
I dont understand if you are saying that both processes are linked so why are you sending the stamp 4 visa and letter from EU Treaty Department? Do you think this is going to change anything? I don't know, I have a feeling that more you ask or more you push them this is going to reflect in your application. Maybe better to let it flow normally. I am afraid of sending them emails as they may take it personal if this is the case. Maybe they will now work on your case. I applied on the first week of March only. I got my visa for 10 years. If I send them a letter with this information they may put in the very bottom of the pile.

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:42 am

dear kingdom man any body sharing same timeline as me
apply date 16 sep
IST LETTER 25 SEP
2ND STAGE LETTER 20 JAN
SINCE THAT I DIDNT HEAR ANYTHING BUT I ALWAYS SENT EMAIL SAME REPLY UR APPLICATION CONTINUES TO BE PROCESSED .... BUT I WAS TROUBLE WITH GARDA BUT NEVER GO COURT AND COVICTED JUST QUESTIONED .THIS IS THE REASON FOR DELAY I M NEARLY 10 MONTH NOW COULD ANYBODY TELL HOW LONG THEY TAKE MORE ????

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:52 pm

mick2109 wrote:dear kingdom man any body sharing same timeline as me
apply date 16 sep
IST LETTER 25 SEP
2ND STAGE LETTER 20 JAN
SINCE THAT I DIDNT HEAR ANYTHING BUT I ALWAYS SENT EMAIL SAME REPLY UR APPLICATION CONTINUES TO BE PROCESSED .... BUT I WAS TROUBLE WITH GARDA BUT NEVER GO COURT AND COVICTED JUST QUESTIONED .THIS IS THE REASON FOR DELAY I M NEARLY 10 MONTH NOW COULD ANYBODY TELL HOW LONG THEY TAKE MORE ????
What was your offence? Did u state that on your citizenship application?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:33 pm

mick2109 wrote:dear kingdom man any body sharing same timeline as me
apply date 16 sep
IST LETTER 25 SEP
2ND STAGE LETTER 20 JAN
On what basis (Irish spouse, Irish Association or 5 yrs residency) is your application and why were you questioned by the Gardai? Your honest response will guide us in giving you our opinions on a way forward here.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:17 am

Hi everyone !
Experts opinion from All !

BackGround:
Living in Ireland for 11 years !
5 years on Student
1 Year on Graduate visa
5 years Stamp 4 EuFam
Irish Born Child
Wife EU Just got Approval of her Irish Citizenship based on 5 yrs residence (had never worked due to illness , never claimed any social benefits ) as we were financially well to cover the cost , so when she applied her citizenship i had to prove as i am providing her the financial assessments, provided my bank statement payslip job letter etc. Her application timeline as follows
Application received : 8th Feb
Acknowledgment : 16 Feb (Required more documentation i.e financial , more address verification , Letters from GP)
Second Stage : 21 April
Approval: 1July 2016 (Paid 950)

So hopefully she will be in the September ceremony

My Application :

So i have a question regarding my Application:
My Stamps dates:
Stamp 4 : july 2011 till Jan 2012 (6 Month)
Stamp 4 EuFam: Feb2012 till Jan 2017 (5 years)

when my initial stamp 4 for 6 month was due to expired i contacted the GNIB through emails , visit in person and letters for an update , as i was working for a multinational and they have strict rules on immigration stamps. INIS told me that due to renovation and large amount of application there is an administrative delays in processing all application and my time without stamp is not Illegal or i am not Undocumented and the period is reckon-able for LTR or Naturalization.
The delay was about 3 weeks 4 days , finally was granted 5 years and technically the 3 weeks 4 days were short on my 5 years stamp (25 feb 2011 - 17 jan 2017 ) so 17 jan till 25 feb were counted.

So i applied citizenship last weeks when completed my five years from my first stamp on 18 july and i put the dates in calculator according to the letters from GNIB. I did rang the Naturalization department and emailed them , where they mentioned the time counts from the day when you have your first stamp from GNIB and if there is an administrative delay those periods are counted and its better if i have some prove, which i did )
so i wrote a covering letter explaining this short gap with all the evidence of my email to and from INIS and did an intensive research and found case to cover my gap (Sulaimon v Minister for Justice)
I hope they will not make an issue , Do anyone had a similar case ? what was the outcome ?
Second question , my wife will be Irish by September and my visa is due to expire on Jan (Approx 6 months) Can i get my visa extension on GNIB Office (i mean on window as Irish Spouse)? as my wife and son be Irish in September ?

I am hoping that they can approve my case so i can take oath with my wife in September , it is a dream but i know the office is not that quick :-)
Looking forward for your opinion !
Thanks

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:40 am

SouthDubliner1 wrote:Hi everyone !

BackGround:
5 years on Student
1 Year on Graduate visa
5 years Stamp 4 EuFam
Irish Born Child
Wife EU Just got Approval of her Irish Citizenship based on 5 yrs residence (had never worked due to illness , never claimed any social benefits ) as we were financially well to cover the cost , so when she applied her citizenship i had to prove as i am providing her the financial assessments, provided my bank statement payslip job letter etc. Her application timeline as follows
Acknowledgment : 16 Feb (Required more documentation i.e financial , more address verification , Letters from GP)

My Application :

My Stamps dates:

when my initial stamp 4 for 6 month was due to expired i contacted the GNIB through emails , visit in person and letters for an update , as i was working for a multinational and they have strict rules on immigration stamps. INIS told me that due to renovation and large amount of application there is an administrative delays in processing all application and my time without stamp is not Illegal or i am not Undocumented and the period is reckon-able for LTR or Naturalization.
The delay was about 3 weeks 4 days , finally was granted 5 years and technically the 3 weeks 4 days were short on my 5 years stamp (25 feb 2011 - 17 jan 2017 ) so 17 jan till 25 feb were counted.

So i applied citizenship last weeks when completed my five years from my first stamp on 18 july and i put the dates in calculator according to the letters from GNIB. I did rang the Naturalization department and emailed them , where they mentioned the time counts from the day when you have your first stamp from GNIB and if there is an administrative delay those periods are counted and its better if i have some prove, which i did )
so i wrote a covering letter explaining this short gap with all the evidence of my email to and from INIS and did an intensive research and found case to cover my gap (Sulaimon v Minister for Justice)
I hope they will not make an issue , Do anyone had a similar case ? what was the outcome ?
Second question , my wife will be Irish by September and my visa is due to expire on Jan (Approx 6 months) Can i get my visa extension on GNIB Office (i mean on window as Irish Spouse)? as my wife and son be Irish in September ?

I am hoping that they can approve my case so i can take oath with my wife in September , it is a dream but i know the office is not that quick :-)
Thanks

Hi team, congratulations for your wife's approval letter. That was very quick, I assume each case is different. People tell their experiencies here but to be honest I do not believe there is a rule. All depends who is dealing with your case. I remember the days I had to go to the immigration officer to get my visa. Once I went with another friend who was getting his visa as well. He told me the person did not even looked at his bank statement. In case the person did not look only, the person asked me to go to the closest atm and get a bank statement for the day. Dont understand why but he did. That's what I am saying, there are cases and cases. Like, I applied for my citizenship on the first week of march, got Acknowledgment letter but that's all. I hear people talking about 2nd stage letter but I have not received and it was turning 5 months. Anyway, my visa was about to expire a couple of months after the application to Irish Citizenship. I sent them an email and they replied saying there was nothing they could do and I should contact EUTreaty Department as result I had to apply again and they put in capital letters: The responsability of application relies on me and as per website I should have had applied 6 months before my visa expires. Anyway, I did apply again.

In relation to the break in your visa, I honestly dont know if they will consider or not. I know that a friend of mine wanted to apply for it and she was in the same situation but they told her due to that particular gap she would have to wait another year. I mean, I do not understand why she did not get her visa sorted at the time. Maybe your case will be slightly different. Hope so.

I am still waiting for their contact. I know the timeframe is at least 6 months but I see people getting shorter than this.

Rayyan1986
Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:50 am

hi every 1 I got approval today eventually the wait is over my time line is submitted in december 5th first n second latter on 12 th january approval 25thjuly thanx every 1 for ir kind opinionand i hope all other who r waiting good luck

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:52 am

i did mention on my form.i think one i had accident .and other i coaught with no insurance but fine paid and all .and one more my ex girl friend put complaint about me on garda but i won that case just went garda station to give my statement then after few weeks one of garda officer met me in town and he said u free from that case buddy thats all

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:59 am

congrats whoever got approval .but i still waiting for mine since applied last year in sept 2015

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:13 am

dad12345 wrote:
SouthDubliner1 wrote:Hi everyone !

BackGround:
5 years on Student
1 Year on Graduate visa
5 years Stamp 4 EuFam
Irish Born Child

My Application :

My Stamps dates:

Thanks

Hi team, congratulations for your wife's approval letter. That was very quick, I assume each case is different. People tell their experiencies here but to be honest I do not believe there is a rule. All depends who is dealing with your case. I remember the days I had to go to the immigration officer to get my visa. Once I went with another friend who was getting his visa as well. He told me the person did not even looked at his bank statement. In case the person did not look only, the person asked me to go to the closest atm and get a bank statement for the day. Dont understand why but he did. That's what I am saying, there are cases and cases. Like, I applied for my citizenship on the first week of march, got Acknowledgment letter but that's all. I hear people talking about 2nd stage letter but I have not received and it was turning 5 months. Anyway, my visa was about to expire a couple of months after the application to Irish Citizenship. I sent them an email and they replied saying there was nothing they could do and I should contact EUTreaty Department as result I had to apply again and they put in capital letters: The responsability of application relies on me and as per website I should have had applied 6 months before my visa expires. Anyway, I did apply again.

In relation to the break in your visa, I honestly dont know if they will consider or not. I know that a friend of mine wanted to apply for it and she was in the same situation but they told her due to that particular gap she would have to wait another year. I mean, I do not understand why she did not get her visa sorted at the time. Maybe your case will be slightly different. Hope so.

I am still waiting for their contact. I know the timeframe is at least 6 months but I see people getting shorter than this.
Well i don't have long Gap it was just about 3 weeks 4 days Plus i have whole evidence of the communications from INIS where they did clearly mentioned it is their fault not mine and because my company had wrote letter to them to confirm my legality where they mentioned i am legal and allowed to work but not travel due to not updated visa stamp.
and the case of Sulaimon v Minister for Justice , explained it very well , you can google it !
I am just worried as my job need bit of travelling and i sometime need to apply visa for countries who required to have minimum of 3 month of Irish visa, so in September when my wife become Irish citizen can i get simply get my visa extended based on Irish Spouse and Irish Born(Citizen) child on window with my wife ?
It would be the best if i can get approval for September which is unlikely to be happen but never know i have example of my colleague from Canada got it approval in 3 months , applied Aug2014 and she was in the ceremony in Dec 2014. there are some cases not sure if still there are some lucky ones :-) who got approvals that quick.
Regarding my file, I was never been a recipient to any Benefits , been legal all the time never had gap in my stamps (except that one not my fault), Been a genuine students UCD, DCU, DBS, had proved i was working Only part time during my study life all my P60's since my entry to state, had been volunteered to many Community services , Been vetted several time including last week through Garda online vetting system all clear, Currently working in one of the big IT giant.
Not sure what else they expect from some one !

esrimve5
Newly Registered

Post by esrimve5 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:44 pm

crisbella218 wrote:I applied in May on 3 years marriage living in Northern Ireland.

So I got a refusal letter today. I had taken 6 months out to China to give birth to our son and also I was on a post-study visa from 2011-2013 when I got married in March 2013 and upgraded to spouse visa.

The wording in my letter is strange says:

For the purposed of calculating this residency, no period may be taken into account where a non-national was required to have permission to remain from the UKBA if resident in Northern Ireland but did not have that permission.

But i did have permission to live in Northern Ireland! Or else the British wouldn't let me live here or even get into the country! Really frustrating....
Hi crisbella,

I am also applying from NI based on 3 years here as the spouse of an Irish citizen. You said you had got your spouse visa in March 2013. When did you send your citizenship application?