ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by J_Karim » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:43 pm

You must attend the ceremony..but u can bring friends n family too..
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:29 pm

koded wrote:Hi All,

Just a quick question, Do one has to go to the ceremony with someone or is it optional?. Thanks.

I guess one adult guest can go with the invited person to the ceremony, but its only if you want like optional. Its not compulsory, like if no guest goes with you,it should be still okay.
Any other views, please share.
Thanks.
India

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:06 pm

The person should attend the ceremony who got the invitation for oath (approved for citizenship).Any one can join with u and its optional..yourself is compulsory

Regards
J.K

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:23 pm

J_Karim wrote:The person should attend the ceremony who got the invitation for oath (approved for citizenship).Any one can join with u and its optional..yourself is compulsory
Hello everyone,
Actually its not regarding bringing 1 guest to ceremony, its about ID requirements!
Ceremony Invitation says to bring Photo ID i.e. passport from own country. At passport.ie website shows Public Service Card(PSC) needed for identification. Some other website says at 19 september 2016 ceremony PSC card will be needed for Photo Identity purpose...is it mandatory or best option or the only option? -doesn't mention clearly.

Does anyone hear anything like this, is it time to worry because i don't have any PSC and don't know how to get it quickly. Any ideas anyone please?

God bless.
Thanks.
India

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:03 pm

@adublin

Follow this step for PSC card
Hi there
http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/SAFE-Reg ... ation.aspx

open this link there is the all address you can go any one of this office with your
passport and proff of address they will do it for you.
jk

Regards
J.K

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:22 pm

adublin wrote:
J_Karim wrote:The person should attend the ceremony who got the invitation for oath (approved for citizenship).Any one can join with u and its optional..yourself is compulsory
Hello everyone,
Actually its not regarding bringing 1 guest to ceremony, its about ID requirements!
Ceremony Invitation says to bring Photo ID i.e. passport from own country. At passport.ie website shows Public Service Card(PSC) needed for identification. Some other website says at 19 september 2016 ceremony PSC card will be needed for Photo Identity purpose...is it mandatory or best option or the only option? -doesn't mention clearly.

Does anyone hear anything like this, is it time to worry because i don't have any PSC and don't know how to get it quickly. Any ideas anyone please?

God bless.
Thanks.
Just find out where your local intreo centres are located. Follow the link J_Karim posted. You can either book an appointment, which can be upto 40 days from now or chance your arm and walk in to the centre. Thats what I did. Went to one centre, was told I needed an appointment. Tried my luch in another centre the same day and a lovely lady sorted it out for me. PSC arrived 5 days later. Just walk into your nearest centre/centres tomorrow and you'll have it sorted. Take your passport and a proof of address with you.

Have heard of many friends who got the card this way. Dont worry about it. :)

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Let me do the honours:

Application on the basis of Stamp 1 for 5 years
Application posted: 26th August 2016
1st letter: Pending
2nd stage letter: Pending
Approval: Pending
:D

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Kaiser
they did not receive your application yet!! not before monday..you can trck if send by register post..
I hope u did registered your application and hope u used the current version of EU 8 form..

Regards
J.K

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:56 pm

J_Karim wrote:Kaiser
they did not receive your application yet!! not before monday..you can trck if send by register post..
I hope u did registered your application and hope u used the current version of EU 8 form..
Oh yea. Will possibly be delivered tomorrow. And used the new version of application with all the address requirements. Also registered myself for public services card before sending the application. Didnt send a copy of the card because they didnt ask for it. Now hopefully they will send my passports back soon. Its just the beginning but happy that the clock has started for me, finally.

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:39 pm

kaiser1977 wrote:
adublin wrote:
Hello everyone,

God bless.
Thanks.
Just find out where your local intreo centres are located. Follow the link J_Karim posted. You can either book an appointment, which can be upto 40 days from now or chance your arm and walk in to the centre. Thats what I did. Went to one centre, was told I needed an appointment. Tried my luch in another centre the same day and a lovely lady sorted it out for me. PSC arrived 5 days later. Just walk into your nearest centre/centres tomorrow and you'll have it sorted. Take your passport and a proof of address with you.

Have heard of many friends who got the card this way. Dont worry about it. :)

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.Hope I will get it sorted soon.

Good luck and God bless.
India

Montybuy1
Newly Registered

Post by Montybuy1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:43 am

Good morning, and thank you all for this very informative forum. I have three questions concerning the first Irish passport application after naturalisation. I'll be in the next incoming ceremony :)

1) is it required to enclose the original foreign passport? The sleeve with information on the passport application mentions nothing about this requirement, but the INIS website lists the original foreign passport. I rang the passport service and they said it is not required, but the person did not seem very knowledgeable of this particular issue. Should I enclose my passport from my previous citizenship?

2) do you know for sure if the original foreign passport is returned along with the Irish passport?

3) will it be as it was sent or do they stamp it or cut it or something which may render it unusable?

Thank you so much.

PS: KINGDOMMAN YOU ARE FANTASTIC

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:14 am

Montybuy1 wrote:Good morning, and thank you all for this very informative forum. I have three questions concerning the first Irish passport application after naturalisation. I'll be in the next incoming ceremony :)

1) is it required to enclose the original foreign passport? The sleeve with information on the passport application mentions nothing about this requirement, but the INIS website lists the original foreign passport. I rang the passport service and they said it is not required, but the person did not seem very knowledgeable of this particular issue. Should I enclose my passport from my previous citizenship?

2) do you know for sure if the original foreign passport is returned along with the Irish passport?

3) will it be as it was sent or do they stamp it or cut it or something which may render it unusable?

Thank you so much.

PS: KINGDOMMAN YOU ARE FANTASTIC
Thanks!

Back to your questions, you'll need to send in your current orininal passport with your application for the Irish passport to expedite the process. Once your Irish passport is approved and subsequently issued, it will be sent to you with your current nationality original passport and all other original document you put in for the Irish passport application process. No one tampers with the passport in its original form and it's only required as part of proofs of your identity and previous nationality. Good luck!

Montybuy1
Newly Registered

Post by Montybuy1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks so much KingdomMan, you are priceless and I will pray for you and for your dear ones.

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:32 am

saad786 wrote:@j_karim

my timeline is

Applied 2nd June (spouse of Irish national with three years residence)
Got initial letter (draft slip with additional document request by the end of June)
submitted additional document the same day when got the letter
Got letter that all documentation for the time being is complete on 7th July if required more documentation will contact me

This month I sent them emails to get to know if there is any update and got the standard "continue to be processed" reply twice.

when did you apply? please share your timeline.
Thanks
Saad
Hi there,

Your 6 months application is due in December only and you seems to be desperate already. Give them time to review your application. There is a timeframe. You are lucky, I applied more than 3 months before you but got the same reply you got and my 6 months application is over by now. I have not received 2nd stage letter either stating my documentation is complete.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Did anyone who applied in the mid/end of July got Acknowledgement letter ?

I applied on 22nd July based on 5 yrs residence
File received on 25th (checked on Anpost as the post was registered post).

No Acknowledgment letter or receipt of 175 Euro , just worried now as i hope they didn't lost my file :-(

Regards

saad786

Post by saad786 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:13 pm

@southdubliner1
I am sure they didn't lose your file. you can track it easily. I am also very sure that you'll get the acknowledgement pretty soon. Now a days they are taking around 3-4 weeks to reply back.
Best of luck
Saad

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:17 pm

saad786 wrote:@southdubliner1
I am sure they didn't lose your file. you can track it easily. I am also very sure that you'll get the acknowledgement pretty soon. Now a days they are taking around 3-4 weeks to reply back.
Best of luck
Saad
Thanks Saad
Yes they are taking long time either they are extremely busy or in vacations usually July and Aug is the time they take summer vacation
it's almost 5 weeks now hopefully they will get back to me , but the most important thing is i hope they won't ask me anything :-) or have any objection , i am just toooo tired of documentation lol

Thanks

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi K.Karim

I sent a letter to citizenship office to inform them that I changed my address and ofcourse requesting an update for my application so I got a reply today saying that my application is prepared to be submitted to the minister but I'm just confused about the emails I got they said your application is currently in advanced stage .
what all that mean?

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi celiakara
Hope you well.Seems all good there.I just hope when did write to the ur App ref No in the letter.
Advance Stage took 3 to 6 weeks ( usually 4 ) .
To my best knowledge some states they dont reveal, to me it seems like it ready to submit to final stage to the minister dept for the decision.
I guess u gonna get your approval for December ceremony.
Because the next is in 2 weeks unless u are very lucky.

N:B : Whatever stages we say like first stage second stage or third stage but internally they do have their own way to work.I guess they work session wise or month wise its just get delay if the person is not trained enough or they have too application in their hand at a same time..
hope you have peace of mind.

Regards
J.K

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:18 pm

hi
please can someone help me in how did you fill the employment history for 10years.
do you need to remember everything.
did you submitted p60.
did you submitted the letter from HMR for 5years work history.
please help me.

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi j.karim
Thanks for your reply its just giving me hope and hope.to be honest the long wait affected me a lot .by the way I wrote the letter only a week ago and I seen in this last one that the name of th officer changed as well but stil with a further processing team is that ok j.karim?

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:49 pm

celiakara
its good they giving u updates
its has to end at some stages
i feel like its gonna be the december for u for ceremony
dont be impatient
god has plan for all
smile

Regards
J.K

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 pm

Dear gorangoran
section: 9.4 Please provide details of your employment(s), if any, in the past 5 years:
you have to provide last 5 years of your employment.

you need give all the p60s you have till now
you dont have to remember exact date of your employment.
approximate date is fine.
hope it helps

Regards
J.K

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:06 pm

hi
thank you for your reply .
i was talking about neutralisation application form.
they do ask about 10years employment history.
please if you can help

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:22 pm

thats the form i am talking about
send me the link of the form plz
are u talking about eu8 form??

check this out
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... g%2016.pdf

Regards