ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sfj123
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by sfj123 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:02 pm

rgirish wrote:
sfj123 wrote:
J_Karim wrote:Hi sfj123

Its says Please provide details of ALL of your previous addresses for the past 9 years, both in the State and abroad, starting
with the most recent one:

Meaning the address should be all Irish address and only if live abroad (out side of the Ireland)permanently..
In your case you were on holiday so its not appropriate for you.
just mention back 9 years address from Ireland unless you resided some other countries
Hope t helps
Many thanks J_Karim for clarifying.
Hi SFJ,

I was in my home country for 2 and half months nearly 10 weeks. I mentioned that in my form and as its says, write your address both in Ireland and abroad. I gave my home address. Now a few things you have to do.

1. Write a letter to explain why were you outside the state.
2. Reduce that time from your time calculator.
3. Make sure you meet the residency requirements.

Thanks RgIrish
Hi Rgirish,

Many thanks for your reply.
When you write your home address in your apeplication form, were you required to provide any documents for Garda checking in your home country during the process?

Thanks.

luckylukeEU
Newly Registered

Post by luckylukeEU » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:48 pm

J_Karim wrote:To luckyluke
in your case you got second letter very quick..
do u know about other 2 persons you mentioned ,the time frame of their application ? did they get second letter too? if so whats the basis of the application?
Thanks in advance and good luck with approval..
I know 5 people all together who applied last months:
1. it is a person above
2. Applied July 2016 and 1st letter after 2 weeks and 2nd letter received last week (some additional document had to be posted in the meantime)
3. Applied July 2016 and 1st letter after 2 weeks and 2nd letter received 3 weeks ago (requested P60 for last 5 years between 1st and 2nd letter)
4. Applied July 2016 and 1st letter after 2 weeks and still did not get 2nd letter as they are still requesting some docs (a little bit confusing case anyway)
5. Aplied Aug 2016 (with new rules) and 1st letter after 2 weeks and still awaiting 2nd letter.

All 5 apps based on 5 years, EU citizens.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi LukyLuke,
The application for EU citizen is dealt by a different team. I know many EU citizens who applied back in March and April got first letter and second letter quick and then approval. My wife is one of the example, got first letter in 2 weeks (requesting additional doc) after doc were provided in two days got second stage letter and then approval in july.
But for EUFam its taking more time compare to EU applicants, Irish Spouse and those who are on Permits, this assumption is based on people on this forum, but still there are some lucky ones who go it on time.
Well the breaking news here would be who got the approval for November , So far i know only few got it , i m sure many people who are not in this forum may got approvals.
So guys please let all know if you or your friends get approval for November 25 with timelines :-)
I have totally lost hope for the november ceremony may be the next one , but anything could happen :-) request for prayers
God Bless to all
Good luck guys
Regards
S.Dubliner

askeasy
Newly Registered

Post by askeasy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:21 pm

@shikari

today i received a letter and they ask me to submit following documents after 8 and half months

Your original passport
Another form of signed identification such as Driving Licence, Public Services Card
Copy of your current GNIB card.

initial processing team

do someone can guess what is going on in future

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:46 am

Hi SJF,

Nothing was required for Garda check point of view. I mentioned the duration in my address history section, Deduct the time from my time calculator and a letter to explain why i was out. I was actually on the official tour. The company i used to work they had office in my home town as well.

Kind regards
RgIrish.

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:24 am

Hi there,

Was wondering if people could share the name of the person who's been dealing with their applications from Initial Processing team? I've seen a few names here but not the one who is dealing with mine (I'm an EU citizen) - i'm curious if anybody here has had 'experience' with the person dealing with my case.

Tdianecamara

Post by Tdianecamara » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi There,

I have lost hope of my citizenship application and I applied on 26/01/2015, I had issue which was point out by the department and asked me to wait for the outcome. Now everything is been resolve and the outcome of the court was on my favour: Dismiss probation. I am still waiting and they told me months ago that my application is on process and today I am still on second stage. I don't get it at all.

I am very annoyed with the laidback attitude of the system. Having applied for over a year now, I should be giving priority for my application to be finalised.
Do you guys think I should use solicitors help?

askeasy
Newly Registered

Post by askeasy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:03 pm

after 8 and half months they ask for orignal passport and copy of gnib
initial processing team,we dont know whats going to happen,i got my ref no 6 month ago and im stil with initial processing team,strange every time when i email their reply was same ur application is in process,aleast i was statisfy that there is some process going on with my application,but when i received letter in which it was stated requested docments,at the end of page when i see intial process,it was very shocking because i was checking post everyday waiting and expecting for news :x but it was seems like a illusion, :shock:

Any suggestion advice will be appriciate

green2016

Post by green2016 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Tdianecamara wrote:Hi There,

I have lost hope of my citizenship application and I applied on 26/01/2015, I had issue which was point out by the department and asked me to wait for the outcome. Now everything is been resolve and the outcome of the court was on my favour: Dismiss probation. I am still waiting and they told me months ago that my application is on process and today I am still on second stage. I don't get it at all.

I am very annoyed with the laidback attitude of the system. Having applied for over a year now, I should be giving priority for my application to be finalised.
Do you guys think I should use solicitors help?
Hi as far as I know its not out right for citizenship, it's discretionary to minister of Justice

So wait and c what they will come up with

Would you not consider a nice letter to citizenship section which did work for few people

I may be wrong but that's my own opinion

green2016

Post by green2016 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:16 pm

Deekay wrote:@askeasy

i always said that and i strongly believe that the applications based on EUfem are least priority for INIS.
i saw many cases. and pending ones too.

i dont want to brag but just for information. my application should be straight forward decision.
i own international trading business ( Not import -Export ). pay lots of tax. No offence at all ever. only been out of Ireland 3 days in last 7 years. i already have 10 years LTR. i am still married. i have great business references . Dublin enterprise support my business.

so applications are definitely not based on merits.
it only about the reason of application. after 6 months my application is still on initial stage.
Hi the Applications that went with EU Fam where priority till Oct last year as i myself got it less than 90 days time, as there where loads of applications with fake EU fam ( sham marriage ) they did get strict and it's taking time to cross check weather the EU fam had been acquired by fraud , then they started asking for spouse p60s of the last 5 years, so the best thing to do is to submit few more papers like Kids birth certificate, passport copy, mortgage agreement, letter from land Lord , as it might halo the application to process further

Well that's my own opinion

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:15 pm

green2016 wrote:
Deekay wrote:@askeasy

i always said that and i strongly believe that the applications based on EUfem are least priority for INIS.
i saw many cases. and pending ones too.

i dont want to brag but just for information. my application should be straight forward decision.
i own international trading business ( Not import -Export ). pay lots of tax. No offence at all ever. only been out of Ireland 3 days in last 7 years. i already have 10 years LTR. i am still married. i have great business references . Dublin enterprise support my business.

so applications are definitely not based on merits.
it only about the reason of application. after 6 months my application is still on initial stage.
Hi the Applications that went with EU Fam where priority till Oct last year as i myself got it less than 90 days time, as there where loads of applications with bad quality EU fam ( sham marriage ) they did get strict and it's taking time to cross check weather the EU fam had been acquired by fraud , then they started asking for spouse p60s of the last 5 years, so the best thing to do is to submit few more papers like Kids birth certificate, passport copy, mortgage agreement, letter from land Lord , as it might halo the application to process further

Well that's my own opinion
Well i agree with your point lately due to large number of sham marriages , the department got bit strict these days. But not all cases are sham marriages , i have applied to them with extra doc, My son's birth cert, my wife's naturalization cert as she became recently, landlord ref with our name and contract of property , i hope they are not going to see my application from that angle.
it is tooooooo hard to say as why some application get delay and some not and i believe its all about luck :-)
Regards,
S.Dubliner

sfj123
Newly Registered

Post by sfj123 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:32 pm

rgirish wrote:Hi SJF,

Nothing was required for Garda check point of view. I mentioned the duration in my address history section, Deduct the time from my time calculator and a letter to explain why i was out. I was actually on the official tour. The company i used to work they had office in my home town as well.

Kind regards
RgIrish.
Thanks a lot rgirish.

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:41 am

Hi all,

Those who are waiting for approval for November ceremony , I received below reply yesterday evening from INIS, 2 weeks ago I was told that my wife's application was in advance stage of processing, I think there will be no further approvals for November - please share if anyone has received approval this week.

Thanks,

Jani

As previously advised your wife's application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

It does not appear that she will be approved in time for the November ceremony.

Regards

Persons name removed by moderator
Citizenship Division

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:24 am

what would happen to those applications which are still in process with " Initial processing team" :shock:

may be November 2017 Ceremony is good fit

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:04 am

Hi
Any update
I'm still having same emaill(your application is currently in advanced stage..........but I think no approval is expecting for November ceremony? ?

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:20 am

celiakara wrote:Hi
Any update
I'm still having same emaill(your application is currently in advanced stage..........but I think no approval is expecting for November ceremony? ?
When did you last email them? I sent an email on the 6th and still no reply.

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:58 am

To Cz2015.
I e-mail them on 14/10/2016.

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:28 am

celiakara wrote:To Cz2015.
I e-mail them on 14/10/2016.
Thank you for you're reply.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:06 pm

To all those who are waiting for their new irish passports. The batch that I was in was really quick. I applied for my irish passport a day after the last ceremony (sept 20, 2016) and i got my passport in the post oct 3, 2016 it was only a few weeks. Eventhough they advised us in the ceremony that it will take 4 weeks. Cant wait to use my irish passport. Goodluck to everyone waiting on the next citizenship ceremony. You will all get there.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:37 am

@ all
I am not sure if the department is going to send any more approvals for 25 Nov. Since we have already reached 18 October. Anyone got approval for 25 Nov ceremony who applied May-June?
Thanks and best of luck to all who are waiting including me.
Best,
Saad

Tiger1988
Newly Registered

Post by Tiger1988 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi guys I Applied for citizenship on 22 March 2016 Application was received 23rd March I don't got the acknowledgement letter I just got the letter of Second stage I email them on 4 /10/2016 and I got reply my application is on advance stage and I email them again 14/10/2016 and got same reply and I call them today about 70 times no one pick the call I don't know if will get the approval For 25 Nov if any one got it please share the time line thanks

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi guys .this is my first post ... i applied in nov 2015 . I ran out of my eu4fam .n i applied of my own behalf so i got 6 month temporary stamp 4. But I'm still waitin for my approval its been nearly a year .. my application was straight forward
NO Criminal record
NO social
Workin full time n payin Tax
Wasn't out of the country for more thn 2 3 days .
N i applied well over my 5 years time frame.

I was hopin my name gona be in November's ceremony buh now i have no hope left :(

Regards
Ali...

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi Ali0857

plz do not lose heart. i was thinking same that if application is clear it is processing quickly but this is not true. Applications are processed based on the reason of application

EUFem related applications are least priority. i am 100% sure about it. so its ok. your case is coming to and end. usually it takes 12 months for eu application now.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Deekay wrote:Hi Ali0857

plz do not lose heart. i was thinking same that if application is clear it is processing quickly but this is not true. Applications are processed based on the reason of application

EUFem related applications are least priority. i am 100% sure about it. so its ok. your case is coming to and end. usually it takes 12 months for eu application now.
I was only worried about once i had a Problem with Dublin bus driver n i kicked the door n i broke it :( n Gardas been called n they called me in n give me a warnin ..no fine ..i neva mentioned this in my applications.. should i ?? Is this act can unfit me been a (Good character) person ?? PLEASE reply me .im so scared even to send an email n ask about my application update ...

Do you think i will get a letter for 25th November Ceremony or should I think of March 2017 :( ?

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Ali0857 wrote:
Deekay wrote:Hi Ali0857

I was only worried about once i had a Problem with Dublin bus driver n i kicked the door n i broke it :( n Gardas been called n they called me in n give me a warnin ..no fine ..i neva mentioned this in my applications.. should i ?? Is this act can unfit me been a (Good character) person ?? PLEASE reply me .im so scared even to send an email n ask about my application update ...

Do you think i will get a letter for 25th November Ceremony or should I think of March 2017 :( ?
Hi Ali
Nothing to worry and if they had any problem about it. you would have been asked already and application refused already. so its ok. everyone is late in Eufem application. i was working in security. every weekend fighting with drunk people. Garda took deails every time. so its just process. they have too many application from EU nationals bcoz of UK exit.

so its ok its normal delay