ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by broli » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:57 am

llvlludi wrote:Dear Members,

I applied for citizenship on 18 Feb 2016 on the basis of 5 year EU family stamp, received confirmation letter after one month, they requested new photos ( i guess my original photos were lost). I sent photos same day and received confirmation letter within 2 days. Today 20 March 2016 i got following letter...

Dear xxxxxx,

I am directed by the minister of justice to refer to your application for naturalization. I would be obliged if you could submit the following documents to this office within 28 days fromt he date of this letter.

1. For the years 2011 to 2015 please submit copies of your spouse P60
2. Please submit a letter from your spouses latest employer stating the following:
a) commencement date of employment
b) if your supouse is currently employed or date employment ceased.
c) your suppose's address
3) please submit a copy of your childrens birth certificates.

No further correspondence will issue from this office in relation to this matter. If further time required a request must be put in writing within the 28 days, and a letter will be issued to you with a decision on the granting of further time. If we dont recieve the requested documentation , your file will be deemed ineligible and put away. thereafter it will be open to you to lodge a new applicaiton.

Mary C. Shortland
Initial Processing team
15 April 2016

Could any one help me to understand, is it 2nd stage letter or just random one. My application is not based on my marriage, so why do they ask for my wifes job letter and kids birth certificate, is it normal?

Hi llvlludi,

Can you please share you circumstances , as this may help people understand you better.

Is you wife still in the state and excersising her rights?

Is INIS updated with your current situation on the EU4FAM card rules ?

Have you followed and are you still compliant with Eu4FAM Rules during the 5 years?

Cheers.

green2016

Post by green2016 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:20 pm

I applied for citizenship on 18 Feb 2016 on the basis of 5 year EU family stamp, received confirmation letter after one month, they requested new photos ( i guess my original photos were lost). I sent photos same day and received confirmation letter within 2 days. Today 20 March 2016 i got following letter...

Dear xxxxxx,

I am directed by the minister of justice to refer to your application for naturalization. I would be obliged if you could submit the following documents to this office within 28 days fromt he date of this letter.

2. Please submit a letter from your spouses latest employer stating the following:

No further correspondence will issue from this office in relation to this matter. If further time required a request must be put in writing within the 28 days, and a letter will be issued to you with a decision on the granting of further time. If we dont recieve the requested documentation , your file will be deemed ineligible and put away. thereafter it will be open to you to lodge a new applicaiton.

Mary C. Shortland
Initial Processing team
15 April 2016

Could any one help me to understand, is it 2nd stage letter or just random one. My application is not based on my marriage, so why do they ask for my wifes job letter and kids birth certificate, is it normal?

Hi Looks like the new way of finding fraud ,

What was happening was Sham marriages, who gets Eu fam , gets naturalization before he have to reapply for renewing Eu fam , so now they look like trying to stop the fraud , as your visa Eu fam is connected to wife,

If the spouse is not exercising Eu rights, eu fam becomes invalid

In simple words they are trying to stop the fraud

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 pm

Dear xxxxxx,

Mary C. Shortland
Initial Processing team
15 April 2016

I'm a EU citizen and my wife applied as non eu for naturalisation last August
She was never asked any information about me or employment etc
Also a lady I know applied under same circumstances last February and nobody has requested her anything about her husband
So it looks like they have some suspicions about you or their process is becoming more challenging now

green2016

Post by green2016 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:26 pm

mCGIW wrote:
green2016 wrote:Hi I have the details of time and desk number for ceremony on 26 th of april , but I did not receive letter , will they let you in with out letter ?
Thank you
It's so sad that you didn't receive the letter. I suggest you better send the department an email as to what you should do in case you don't receive a letter due to postal lapse. Some members here might know the solution for your situation. But before you get a response in this forum, you better send an email to the department to be on safer side as the time is running short for the ceremony day.
Finally got it today , but I sent email yesterday

Thank you

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi green2016,

I would not assume because his spouse could be studying or resident with sufficient fund .

All the information requested here was about work only , he was not ask to prove that he's excercising EU treaty rights. Thats also the reason i asked him to inform of his current situation with EUFAM.
IF the latest update to EU Treaty right was that he wife is working then it would make sense.

Cheers

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your input, i will try to explain my circumstances briefly.

I am married to an EU citizen, we are living together since and we have 3 beautiful children. My wife was self employed from 2010 to mid of 2015, her tax matters are are fine up to date. She is working from last year August part time. We are not taking any kind of benefits or allowance. If they want to investigate my marriage they can happliy do so.

I just sent them following documents today,
1) letter from employer
2) P60 for year 2015
3) Self assessment letters from 2010 to 2014
4) Tax clearance letter for my wife business
5) Birth certificates of my children

I would like to add, that I have applied for EU Family Indefinite stamp since september 2015, i was granted 6 months temporarily stamp which is Due to be finished on 22nd April 2016, I have not received anything yet, Emailed Eu Treaty Right couple of days ago, they dont want to give me any time line for the decision.

I dont know why did they ask me all those documents, lets hope all good.

Regards

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:00 pm

llvlludi wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am married to an EU citizen, we are living together since and we have 3 beautiful children. My wife was self employed from 2010 to mid of 2015, her tax matters are are fine up to date. She is working from last year August part time. We are not taking any kind of benefits or allowance. If they want to investigate my marriage they can happliy do so.

1) letter from employer
2) P60 for year 2015

I would like to add, that I have applied for EU Family Indefinite stamp since september 2015, i was granted 6 months temporarily stamp which is Due to be finished on 22nd April 2016, I have not received anything yet, Emailed Eu Treaty Right couple of days ago, they dont want to give me any time line for the decision.

Regards
That they asked you for those information is good for you and it's an indication that your naturalization application continues to be processed which is a positive development. All things being equal, you should be looking forward to an approval from the INIS anytime soon. Good luck!

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:11 pm

@ kingdoman can u help in this? I just get a new job in a company, after I have been out of work for years. I have put my 2weeks pay slips together and a letter from my employer to send to Inis. I dont know if this is the reason Inis has been delaying my file to be submitted to the Minister for over "a year" they keep telling me my file has been prepared to be submitted to the Minister. Could this employment be an advantage? I also get a letter from the social warefair that I no more getting benefit from the state . Could this be of help and hasting my application decision. Thanks :)

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:24 pm

Hi Kingdomman,

Thanks for your positive words, My case is there just only 2 months. I am not sure if i am on 2nd stage even yet, Maybe it will take few more months for the approval.
KingdomMan wrote:

1) letter from employer
2) P60 for year 2015

Regards
That they asked you for those information is good for you and it's an indication that your naturalization application continues to be processed which is a positive development. All things being equal, you should be looking forward to an approval from the INIS anytime soon. Good luck!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:15 am

dublin777 wrote:@ kingdoman can u help in this? I just get a new job in a company, after I have been out of work for years. I have put my 2weeks pay slips together and a letter from my employer to send to Inis. I dont know if this is the reason Inis has been delaying my file to be submitted to the Minister for over "a year" they keep telling me my file has been prepared to be submitted to the Minister. Could this employment be an advantage? I also get a letter from the social warefair that I no more getting benefit from the state . Could this be of help and hasting my application decision. Thanks :)
It's okay to do that you said to notify the INIS of a change in your circumstances. It will help I personally think. Good luck!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:23 am

llvlludi wrote:Hi Kingdomman,

Thanks for your positive words, My case is there just only 2 months. I am not sure if i am on 2nd stage even yet, Maybe it will take few more months for the approval.
KingdomMan wrote:

1) letter from employer
2) P60 for year 2015

Regards
As it is, your file is at the second stage of processing. With my experience so far and other things being equal, I see you getting an approval within the next 1 - 3 months. Again, good luck in your wait.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:31 am

Applied on 9th December based on 5 years residency
got an e-mail today after contacting citizenship division:
Processing of your application is ongoing & you will be informed of the Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible.
what does it mean in terms of possible decision and waiting time?

aquaris
Newly Registered

Post by aquaris » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Hello, every one

Actully i have a question regarding my naturalisation application i applied in 2011 there is no dobt that my application was a complax. But i had no conviction or i had never commit any offence or crime. It was just misunderstanding they had which we establish to the department with documented proofs now since last jun my application is in final stage. But never hear from them till now.

Now my solocitor has used the freedom of info act and requested my file from dept. He said we will have look what they actully up too. Is this the right decision as i had no other way will this effect my file please advice kingdomman or any1 plzzzz

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:31 pm

D13 wrote:Applied on 9th December based on 5 years residency
got an e-mail today after contacting citizenship division:
Processing of your application is ongoing & you will be informed of the Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible.
what does it mean in terms of possible decision and waiting time?
The email itself is self-explanatory and what it means is that your application process is in progress and soon you should be getting a decision on approval. I takes about 6 months to process an application and all things being equal, should may get a decision (approval) in your case in between now and the next 2 months.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:35 pm

aquaris wrote:Hello, every one

Actully i have a question regarding my naturalisation application i applied in 2011 there is no dobt that my application was a complax. But i had no conviction or i had never commit any offence or crime. It was just misunderstanding they had which we establish to the department with documented proofs now since last jun my application is in final stage. But never hear from them till now.

Now my solocitor has used the freedom of info act and requested my file from dept. He said we will have look what they actully up too. Is this the right decision as i had no other way will this effect my file please advice kingdomman or any1 plzzzz
We can't fault your solicitor on this because he knows better. However, if I may suggest, why not approach your local TD (politician) to intervene and make representations on your behalf on the subject matter. It works better this way from the experience of other people including myself.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:19 am

KingdomMan wrote: The email itself is self-explanatory and what it means is that your application process is in progress and soon you should be getting a decision on approval. I takes about 6 months to process an application and all things being equal, should may get a decision (approval) in your case in between now and the next 2 months.
thanks KingdomMan - my GNIB expires in the next two months, such a twist :D
like a soap opera

uberneo
Newly Registered

Post by uberneo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:52 am

Hello All ,

I have got my Invitation letter for 26th APR ceremony and I am all set to attend that.
Just few questions around passport which is the next step after Naturalisation certificate.

I have my tickets booked for London on 31st May so I am wondering what is the fastest way to get the Irish passport since as per the link "https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... und-times/" , it says that for First Time Application it can take 20 working days and that can be very near to my travelling date and I don't want to tae any risk.
Will it make more sense if i get an appointment in cork office through "https://www.passportappointments.ie/" and submit the application in person as compared to using Passport express service , which will be fast ?

Also one requirement is that local Garda needs to witness, sign and stamp on back of 2 of my photographs , so do I need to take any appointment in Garda station or can i just go and showup on the window ( will it be Garda card window or any separate window ) ? Currently I am in cork.

Once I get my Irish passport than can i travel to India just by applying Indian visa without cancelling my original Indian passport ? I will plan for cancelling my Indian passport and will apply for OCI later .

Any help here will be really appreciated.

Cheers

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:52 pm

uberneo wrote:Hello All ,

I have got my Invitation letter for 26th APR ceremony and I am all set to attend that.
Just few questions around passport which is the next step after Naturalisation certificate.

I have my tickets booked for London on 31st May so I am wondering what is the fastest way to get the Irish passport since as per the link "https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... und-times/" , it says that for First Time Application it can take 20 working days and that can be very near to my travelling date and I don't want to tae any risk.
Will it make more sense if i get an appointment in cork office through "https://www.passportappointments.ie/" and submit the application in person as compared to using Passport express service , which will be fast ?

Also one requirement is that local Garda needs to witness, sign and stamp on back of 2 of my photographs , so do I need to take any appointment in Garda station or can i just go and showup on the window ( will it be Garda card window or any separate window ) ? Currently I am in cork.

Once I get my Irish passport than can i travel to India just by applying Indian visa without cancelling my original Indian passport ? I will plan for cancelling my Indian passport and will apply for OCI later .

Cheers
If you speedily apply for the passport immediately after the Citizenship Ceremony, there is a good chance that you would get the Irish passport provided there is no unexpected rush during your application that could lengthen the processing time. One of my friend who applied lately got the passport within in 20-22 days.

To get gaurd's signature, you can just go to the station without any appointment (at least that is what it is at my place).

The most economic way to get Irish Passport, postal application is the best.

Regarding getting the passport urgently, there are few conditions like providing a booked ticket, reason for the urgent requirement, etc.; someone who has gone through would be better to guide you about it.

Before everything, make sure you have Public Service Card that is a must for first time passport applicants.

uberneo
Newly Registered

Post by uberneo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi mCGIW,

Thanks for the reply .

Yes i do have Public services card , just got it recently .
Is it 20-22 Working days or total number of days ?

Also any comment on below doubt--

"Once I get my Irish passport than can i travel to India just by applying Indian visa without cancelling my original Indian passport ? I will plan for cancelling my Indian passport and will apply for OCI later"

Thanks
mCGIW wrote:

Cheers
If you speedily apply for the passport immediately after the Citizenship Ceremony, there is a good chance that you would get the Irish passport provided there is no unexpected rush during your application that could lengthen the processing time. One of my friend who applied lately got the passport within in 20-22 days.

To get gaurd's signature, you can just go to the station without any appointment (at least that is what it is at my place).

Regarding getting the passport urgently, there are few conditions like providing a booked ticket, reason for the urgent requirement, etc.; someone who has gone through would be better to guide you about it.

Before everything, make sure you have Public Service Card that is a must for first time passport applicants.

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:31 pm

uberneo wrote:Hi mCGIW,

Thanks for the reply .

Yes i do have Public services card , just got it recently .
Is it 20-22 Working days or total number of days ?

Also any comment on below doubt--

"Once I get my Irish passport than can i travel to India just by applying Indian visa without cancelling my original Indian passport ? I will plan for cancelling my Indian passport and will apply for OCI later"

Thanks
mCGIW wrote:

Cheers

Regarding working/total days, I'll confirm you tomorrow.

Regarding your Indian visit with Indian visa on Irish passport, I would say you shouldn't have any issues as you are legally correct in that. But retaining your Indian passport for the visit is something that's kind of sounding fishy(?).

If you are legally and rightly traveling to India with Indian visa on Irish passport, and if you have enough time to surrender Indian passport, a procedure that just takes 1/3 days which is same as the time it takes to obtain Indian visa, there is always a question why you don't want to surrender Indian passport/citizenship till you finish your visit. It is very doubtful that there is a chance for the Indian Immigration Officers to think in this way as there is no chance that you would be asked for your Indian passport. You wouldn't have any problem to pass the immigration departments anywhere.

Later, once you are back from Indian visit, you can submit your Indian passport (citizenship) and apply for OCI. As per the procedure, there is no clause that states you should have surrendered the Indian passport (citizenship) before your Indian visit. The rule mentions about not going on Indian passport once you have other country's (in your case Irish) citizenship; the procedure for OCI or citizenship revocation only verifies that you have not done so. The procedure doesn't expect you not to travel on Indian visa on Irish passport before surrendering the passport/citizenship nor it scrutinizes your such act. But still they may ask you the reason for surrendering the passport/citizenship late though you had enough time; again I am doubtful if they ask you about it or not.

PM me if you would like to discuss about it privately.

ddartt
Newly Registered

Post by ddartt » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Its 20 working days.

I've applied for the passport right after the ceremony on the 4th March, and got mine on the 4th of April (was travelling on 8th). But I was pestering them a lot in the passport office and via Twitter to get it done on time, if I didn't, I'm positive I would've missed the flight.

But that was a peak of their backlog period and also there are 3 public holidays in March.

I'd say you'll probably get it on time for your flight if you apply right away, but be sure to contact them in the passport office 1.5 weeks before your travel if passport is still not there.

For Garda signature, just show up in the station with all your documents. They know the drill.

Good luck!

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:01 pm

ddartt wrote:Its 20 working days.

I've applied for the passport right after the ceremony on the 4th March, and got mine on the 4th of April (was travelling on 8th). But I was pestering them a lot in the passport office and via Twitter to get it done on time, if I didn't, I'm positive I would've missed the flight.

But that was a peak of their backlog period and also there are 3 public holidays in March.

I'd say you'll probably get it on time for your flight if you apply right away, but be sure to contact them in the passport office 1.5 weeks before your travel if passport is still not there.

For Garda signature, just show up in the station with all your documents. They know the drill.

Good luck!
It's a good option to apply straight after the ceremony or few days after, especially if somebody is travelling soon.
The passport office have a massive backlog apparently, I am well aware that they can be contacted via twitter, did you contact them by email/phone as well?

ddartt
Newly Registered

Post by ddartt » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:39 pm

No, not by email/phone as I believe there is no point. They are responsive on Twitter but they don't promise anything.

I physically walked into the public office near Merrion square 2 or 3 times (as its only few mins walk from where I work) and they were helpful. It might also be worth to consider applying literally right away if possible (same day as ceremony), before the other ~3000 new citizens after the ceremony do, to be in front of the queue.

uberneo
Newly Registered

Post by uberneo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:00 pm

Ok so it looks like if it is 20 working days then I believe that there is a high chance that i might miss my flight on 31st May as almost 3000 (not all) might also be applying near the same time .

So is there any other faster way of getting the passport .Does anybody have got a fresh passport (1 time application ) through https://www.passportappointments.ie/ . Can anybody share their experiences as I am really worried that Its going to be really risky if i apply through passport express service.

Thanks
ddartt wrote:Its 20 working days.

Good luck!

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:30 am

@uberneo. As everyone has mentioned, you apply immediately after the citizenship ceremony itself. Go to the Guard and get the signature on the application today itself; also get all the documents ready today itself. Tomorrow, immediately after the ceremony go straight to the post office and apply straight. You will be in a good chance to get the passport before your trip.