ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brainy04

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by brainy04 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:16 am

As far as i know if you book appointment and show up in passport office dublin/cork. You can get your passport within 3 to 10 working days depending on your application. Fee is a bit higher for standard passport. 150 euro. And they have mentioned on website that it will take 5 working days. That is the minimum time they required for first time applicants.

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:24 am

mCGIW wrote:@uberneo. As everyone has mentioned, you apply immediately after the citizenship ceremony itself. Go to the Guard and get the signature on the application today itself; also get all the documents ready today itself. Tomorrow, immediately after the ceremony go straight to the post office and apply straight. You will be in a good chance to get the passport before your trip.
Will the guards sign the form even if you are not in possession of the naturalisation document?

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:01 am

Hi Lads,

Just couple of quick questions regarding my application, My application is still under process its 2 month and 7 days so far. I got first letter after one month and 2nd letter recently. They asked me some documents which i submitted same day. I am wondering if i will get any more letters before approval?

Moreover,still waiting for my indefinite stamp as my visa expired on 22/04/16, i went to local immigration office and he granted 3 months stamp on 24/04/16. As you see i have 1 day gap now between my stamps. Will it affect my citizenship application?

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:40 am

llvlludi wrote:Hi Lads,

Just couple of quick questions regarding my application, My application is still under process its 2 month and 7 days so far. I got first letter after one month and 2nd letter recently. They asked me some documents which i submitted same day. I am wondering if i will get any more letters before approval?

Moreover,still waiting for my indefinite stamp as my visa expired on 22/04/16, i went to local immigration office and he granted 3 months stamp on 24/04/16. As you see i have 1 day gap now between my stamps. Will it affect my citizenship application?

That gap is not a problem, you are fine
I would expect you to be in second stage meaning that next letter to come will be the approval itself!

ddartt
Newly Registered

Post by ddartt » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:59 pm

On passport - I don't think you can get expedited processing in the public Passport office if that's your first time passport.

Guards also wanted to see my naturalization certificate (and the other documents) before signing the form.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Citizenship telephone helpline closures

25 April 2016
The Citizenship telephone helpline will be closed on 26 April, 28 April and 3 May.
During those dates you can continue to send queries via email to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie.

uberneo
Newly Registered

Post by uberneo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Ok so i have just went to the Passport office of Cork and the lady there told me that the fastest way to get the passport if to book an appointment and get your documents checked at the counter. This will be much faster than going through passport express service. So believing her i have booked an appointment on 3rd May , i could have applied from passport express service on 27th Apr itself but now believing the passport office lady and hoping i will get my passport before my travel date of 31st May after physically applying on 3rd may.

Thanks

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:16 pm

uberneo wrote:Ok so i have just went to the Passport office of Cork and the lady there told me that the fastest way to get the passport if to book an appointment and get your documents checked at the counter. This will be much faster than going through passport express service. So believing her i have booked an appointment on 3rd May , i could have applied from passport express service on 27th Apr itself but now believing the passport office lady and hoping i will get my passport before my travel date of 31st May after physically applying on 3rd may.

Thanks

Exactly. If you show them the ticket they might speed up a bit more. First time applicant can not avail the pilot rapid service which gives passport same or next working day. But they can avail other fast track passport services like appointment in passport office and paying 150 for fast track.

dublinNorth29
Newly Registered

Post by dublinNorth29 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi,

When applying for my passport - do I need to submit my original passport (as in my current passport from country of birth)? The form says I need to however I am citizen of both now so not sure why it is asking me that!

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

DN

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:44 pm

dublinNorth29 wrote:Hi,

When applying for my passport - do I need to submit my original passport (as in my current passport from country of birth)? The form says I need to however I am citizen of both now so not sure why it is asking me that!

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

DN
Yes you need to send your original passport as well, a copy won't be accepted. They will send it back to you along with your new shiny Irish passport.
It's a bit silly as you can't travel anywhere in case of an emergency. The whole process for a first time adult applicant can take up to 6 weeks :( .

dublinNorth29
Newly Registered

Post by dublinNorth29 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:47 pm

Peace2804 wrote:

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

DN
Yes you need to send your original passport as well, a copy won't be accepted. They will send it back to you along with your new shiny Irish passport.
It's a bit silly as you can't travel anywhere in case of an emergency. The whole process for a first time adult applicant can take up to 6 weeks :( .
Ah ok now worries, Thank you so much for your response!

In regards to a long form birth cert - will a translated version do or do they want both?
I had it translated into English when I applied for the citizenship so should it be the same?

Thanks in advance,

DN

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:00 pm

dublinNorth29 wrote:
Peace2804 wrote:

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

DN
Ah ok now worries, Thank you so much for your response!

In regards to a long form birth cert - will a translated version do or do they want both?
I had it translated into English when I applied for the citizenship so should it be the same?

Thanks in advance,

DN
As far as I am aware you need to send both and the originals, copies aren't accepted.
The translated document must be done by a registered translator from this website: http://www.translatorsassociation.ie/

I am getting this info from the citizenshipinfo website: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/tr ... sport.html

Good luck!!!

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Hello guys. Hey Kingdomman and pixie12 hope u all doing good. As you know bro. I applied last year in august and now i got reply and they asking for my work when i entered in the state.they asking for the first two years when i came in the country that how did i financially maintained for that two years
When i was studying in college.
Anyway i was working that time but part time and did wrote in the form too and was cash job in restaurant(well known restaurant ) and i was registered in tax office for that job. i been to tax office and found that i was registered that time in that restaurant in records of tax office but wasn't paying tax like all staff but i guess our restaurant owner was paying his or all together.(not know how he did :/)
Now I'm just wondering how come INIS don't know about that as they do get report from tax office?
Now they asking me to write from myside how i was financially maintained. They mentioned the college name too which is well known and expensive college that when i came that how did you financially maintained but my parents paid the fees when i came for 1st year and second year i paid only 2300 euro becoz i did good in first year study which i do have receipt.
Anyone plz any idea?
Anyway i will write same again as i did before in form that i was working .....such an such restaurant as i did.
Thanks guy's and sorry if i couldn't describe well my situation. .
Any suggestions or guess that what could happen after...welcome.
Thanks again

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:10 pm

dhruv87 wrote:Hello guys. Hey Kingdomman and pixie12 hope u all doing good. As you know bro. I applied last year in august and now i got reply and they asking for my work when i entered in the state.they asking for the first two years when i came in the country that how did i financially maintained for that two years
When i was studying in college.
Anyway i was working that time but part time and did wrote in the form too and was cash job in restaurant(well known restaurant ) and i was registered in tax office for that job. i been to tax office and found that i was registered that time in that restaurant in records of tax office but wasn't paying tax like all staff but i guess our restaurant owner was paying his or all together.(not know how he did :/)
Now I'm just wondering how come INIS don't know about that as they do get report from tax office?
Now they asking me to write from myside how i was financially maintained. They mentioned the college name too which is well known and expensive college that when i came that how did you financially maintained but my parents paid the fees when i came for 1st year and second year i paid only 2300 euro becoz i did good in first year study which i do have receipt.
Anyone plz any idea?
Anyway i will write same again as i did before in form that i was working .....such an such restaurant as i did.
Thanks guy's and sorry if i couldn't describe well my situation. .
Any suggestions or guess that what could happen after...welcome.
Thanks again
Hi dhruv87, i guess you just need to fully explain to them about your circumstances in the past. I know INIS can check those tax and infos to other departments on their end. But maybe they still want to hear your side regarding those matters. Better hire a professional writer or someone who can help you explain your side professionally/precisely(just my opinion), like your solicitor for example. So it will be more detailed and properly explained.
I think they just want to clarify it straight from you as you are the one who knows these things more than anyone. Sort it out asap maybe you will be included in the next batch of approvals. You never know. Goodluck!xx

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:15 pm

Yea you right bro. And thank you Pixie12

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:40 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes to process Naturalisation application for children (minor, under 12 years) where the parent of the child just got naturalised?
Thanks,
Daddy

michaelshodipo66
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by michaelshodipo66 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi xxx,

Please note that your application for naturalisation is being prepared for
submission to the Minister. If further documentation and/or clarification
of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will
write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due
course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

NB
KingdomMan, can you please explain fully to me with your knowledge of understanding the way they work.
the last letter i got from them was dated 12th October 2015.[/quote]
You may still need to furnish us here your detailed application timeline so one can give you the right suggestion. To the above letter, it means your application file just completed the process of Garda vetting and other departmental checks to ascertain if you've been of good character in the state and that you meet other statutory conditions. As it is, your file is with the FURTHER PROCESSING. LSR TEAM who'd compile and prepare a SUBMISSION on your case to the office of the Minister for Justice, recommending you for an approval for the grant of Naturalization certificate (Citizenship). Depending on your timeline and in my own opinion, it should now take between 1 - 3 months for you to get your approval all things being equal (barring any complexity). Good luck in your continued wait.[/quote]

i got this letter this morning from inis: can kingdom man explain to me please

Hi xxx,

Please be advised that this office wrote out to you on 1/3/2016. Have you
received this letter and can you confirm your current address for me
please?

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division[/quote]
The letter is self explanatory... Could be they wrote a letter to you requesting for more documentation/clarification and they didn't get your follow up response. I'll suggest you quickly write a letter back to the department ans as requested, you confirm your current address (maybe with a proof of the address too) to the INIS. Good luck![/quote]

New letter dated 01/04/16

Dear Mic,

Processing of your application is ongoing & will be submitted to the
Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Division

please explain this letter to me to the fullest Kingdoman

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:40 am

Does anybody know if in case of approval they return the translation of the birth certificate?
Apparently they wouldn't, it looks like I'll have to do second translation for passport

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:00 am

D13 wrote:Does anybody know if in case of approval they return the translation of the birth certificate?
Apparently they wouldn't, it looks like I'll have to do second translation for passport
When applying f the naturalisation we need to send only a certified copy of the birth certificate (and apostile and translation if applicable), and not the originals.
Have you sent the original instead? If so, I wouldn't expect them to send it back I am afraid.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:28 am

jumanufer wrote: When applying f the naturalisation we need to send only a certified copy of the birth certificate (and apostile and translation if applicable), and not the originals.
Have you sent the original instead? If so, I wouldn't expect them to send it back I am afraid.
I sent certified translations, which they won't return. Will have to do translations again for the passport - I should have done two copies
Processing of your application is ongoing & you will be informed of the
Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible. Only original documents
remaining on file are returned, certified copies or translations are not
returned.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:21 pm

jani12 wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes to process Naturalisation application for children (minor, under 12 years) where the parent of the child just got naturalised?
Thanks,
Daddy
I think it takes about 1 - 4 months now to process an application for a minor child.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:24 pm

michaelshodipo66 wrote:Hi xxx,

Please note that your application for naturalisation is being prepared for
submission to the Minister. If further documentation and/or clarification
of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will
write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due
course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

NB
KingdomMan, can you please explain fully to me with your knowledge of understanding the way they work.
the last letter i got from them was dated 12th October 2015.
You may still need to furnish us here your detailed application timeline so one can give you the right suggestion. To the above letter, it means your application file just completed the process of Garda vetting and other departmental checks to ascertain if you've been of good character in the state and that you meet other statutory conditions. As it is, your file is with the FURTHER PROCESSING. LSR TEAM who'd compile and prepare a SUBMISSION on your case to the office of the Minister for Justice, recommending you for an approval for the grant of Naturalization certificate (Citizenship). Depending on your timeline and in my own opinion, it should now take between 1 - 3 months for you to get your approval all things being equal (barring any complexity). Good luck in your continued wait.[/quote]

i got this letter this morning from inis: can kingdom man explain to me please

Hi xxx,

Please be advised that this office wrote out to you on 1/3/2016. Have you
received this letter and can you confirm your current address for me
please?

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division[/quote]
The letter is self explanatory... Could be they wrote a letter to you requesting for more documentation/clarification and they didn't get your follow up response. I'll suggest you quickly write a letter back to the department ans as requested, you confirm your current address (maybe with a proof of the address too) to the INIS. Good luck![/quote]

New letter dated 01/04/16

Dear Mic,

Processing of your application is ongoing & will be submitted to the
Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Division

please explain this letter to me to the fullest Kingdoman[/quote]

The letter is simply what it says... that your application continues to be processed and will go to the minister ASAP. Keep positive and hope for good news soon.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:30 pm

KingdomMan, based on your experience, when we can expect the next citizenship ceremony?
thanks for you effort

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:35 pm

I got this email fron citizenship today after I email them Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch
with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:06 pm

D13 wrote:KingdomMan, based on your experience, when we can expect the next citizenship ceremony?
thanks for you effort
Next citizenship ceremony could be in July 2016. It was a very large turnout of candidates at the last April 26 ceremony, however, there was no Minister's presence. I foresee another large roll out of approvals soon. All should keep positive!