ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 Hours Interview at INIS Approved Temp STAMP 4 REFUSED

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aligo
Ireland

3 Hours Interview at INIS Approved Temp STAMP 4 REFUSED

Post by aligo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:38 am

Hi
i will put the story short. Non-eu citizen married to British citizen. Applied for Accompany visa from Pakistan. Visa granted on 13/04/15. Flew to Dublin with british spouse on 29/04. Being questioned for 2 hours at the airport.Lots of questioned asked about our relationship and then said our system shows you were in UK in 2006. I have never been out of Pakistan all my life but anyway after 2 hours scrutiny one month visa given at the airport till 29/05 and asked to register at INIS. Went to INIS and was told to send EU1 form. Sent our application on 28/05/15 with all the documentation and got a letter 17/07/15 to say that my application will be processed till 28/12/15 and in the mean time I can present this letter to INIS to give me a temporary Stamp 4 till 28/12/15.
anyway went to INIS yesterday with spouse and was questioned for 2 hours by 8 or 9 officers. they questioned us both the same questions were asked as they asked in airport and lots of things they tried to prove our relationship was not genuine and I was in the UK because the computer never lies supposedly. I am never been in UK all my life. they went upstairs and brought one of EU Treaty Rights guy. he said you need to send me some more proofs of your relationship like air tickets and bills etc

Now the thing is that I already have provided the details of British spouse working her payslips,jopb letters,landlord letters etc.

SO I WAS DENIED VISA EVEN WITH THE APPROVAL LETTER.
Any advise of what should I do now because everywhere in the state I need visa to even open a bank account and pps number. I am already in the state for 4 months without any visa.

Any advice of what should i do next

thanks

Ali

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 3 Hours Interview at INIS Approved Temp STAMP 4 REFUSED

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:55 am

Not to worry, this is typical DOJ attitude. Hire immigration solicitor ASAP and try not to duplicate you question as below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 92053.html

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Calvin

sorry the post was duplicated for some reason.

Do you not think this is unfair to refuse a temporary visa too without any valid justification

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Yes it is unfair - however, not to worry - get a solicitor and u will be fine - Its just the matter to time.

benfares

Post by benfares » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:29 pm

Thats not right at all they should give you a temporary stamp 4, go to burgh quay and tell yr wife to explain everything, they hve no right they have to give it.

benfares

Post by benfares » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:33 pm

One more thing is your wife Pakistani?

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:10 pm

We did explain everything and spent 3 hours trying to convince them

they didnt listen . the thing is that they have no proof to deny us any visa

wife is british no pakistani.

benfares

Post by benfares » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:20 pm

I think they suspect its a marriage of convenience thats why they did not issue with a stamp 4.

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:32 pm

how can they prove it is a marriage of convenience while I have done all the necessary paper work and we came together for the interview . If they were suspecting it they would have refused entry. Do they have any set rules of what does this mean to deny someone visa just because they SUSPECT it was a marriage of convenience.
there is a big difference between suspect and real they are saying I was in UK and our computer never lies :) well it is in this case because i was never in uk.

I am not sure where is this written in the law to deny someone a visa when it is already approved and documented. and one thing more if they needed more proofs why didnt they ask us in the letters they sent out.
i am completely lost with it.

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:14 pm

I presume your wife is british pakistani?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:58 pm

hi,

i kept reading this over and over again. am in complete shock. that is so wrong on many level and if i was you i wouldnt leave.
i will say go back again, because if they didnt think your marriage was legit they wont have sent you the letter.
even if you have been to the uk its certainly not a reason for refusal.
you and your wife need to go back and refuse to leave until they give you a good reason, the only reason for refusal is if you a threat to the country.

if your wife can leave the uk and move to dublin for your sake certainly it cant be convenient so what rubbish are they talking about calling a marriage of convenience

my advice is to go back, take more proof if you have them, pictures, marriage cert, flight ticket of your wife coming to pakistan and let them have a fun day with everything you present.

funny enough you might go back and there wont be an problems so i will say definately go back again. i cant imagine how stressed you must be but u have come this far, u must persevere till u get results

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:23 pm

they were trying to harass us by asking irrelevant questions. they asked for documentation for my visa and I provided them and they issued me the letter so what is the problem not giving even temporary visa on the counter. they can check the marriage certificate and documents they can verify them.it is EU Treat right and they are denying us this don't understand this really.
my wife has no pakistani roots. she is white british

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:43 am

I presume this is the problem that your wife is white British (with no Pakistani roots). If she has any Pakistani roots the whole delima wouldn't even raised. They also might think if you never been to UK and she is a Brit citizen, how you both met and how did the distance relationship survived....

Your wife have to struggle for you and she need to speak up. She need to go again and again to the INIS with you and she should be on the leading position while talking to them. If you speak up they will completely ignore you and when she speak up that will make a REAL difference....

Good Luck and keep us updated.

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:21 am

Hi Calvin
the problem is not that she has roots from Pakistan or no. she had about 5 or 6 officer asking her different questions. we answered all the questions of when she was in Pakistan our certificate and all the paper work were given to them and on top of that they still didn't register me and didn't even bother to give us in writing the reason why they didn't issue the stamp 4 .
i think i will be best hire a solicitor

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:19 am

http://www.gardaombudsman.ie/

The main complain should be you got nothing in writing about the refusal.

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Its a bit confusing, they gve you the visa and sent you the acknowledgement letter and now they are refusing to give the stamp 4.

Did you know under eu law they can revoke your visa if they suspect marriage of convienience

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Suspect is the word. but at least you need to have some solids grounds if they are suspicious. Two people coming to you saying they are husband and wife and given you all the proof I seriously do not know where is this written in law to deny someone visa just because you are suspicious. Whatever the EU law is but I think they will know what a marriage of convenience is

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:00 pm

To them its not common a pakistani guy from Pakistan marries a white british woman, if she was pakistani they wont ask no questions and issue the visa. You need to convince them both of you, or you will be stuck in a rut

mgb

Post by mgb » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:44 pm

benfares wrote:Its a bit confusing, they gve you the visa and sent you the acknowledgement letter and now they are refusing to give the stamp 4.

Did you know under eu law they can revoke your visa if they suspect marriage of convienience
The burden of proof is on them and not the couple.

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Aligo,

I hope this can help you. I was treated unfairly before and I went to SOLVIT for help.
So, if you as an EU citizen or business face extra obstacles in another country because a public authority isn't doing what is required under EU law...they will help you!
http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/index_en.htm

I contacted them about my EU1 application before and they helped me. My application was approved but GNIB office refuse to give me the GNIB card because they haven't received the letter from DOJ even after a month I got my approval letter. I contacted SOLVIT and it was sorted in 2 days.

I would say it also helps that just bring them some photos or other proof that can help with the case. Its not about fighting against their attitude, in the end of the day, its about getting your wife her rights.

best of luck

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:52 am

Hi Pocketace

thank you so much for that at least someone else before was denied a GNIB card before. I went to the solicitor and he said that they have the discretion not to issue you a GNIB card but they need to have given you some solid reason not just saying verbally saying that they are not satisifed. I am going to wait for a few days just in case we recieve any formal letter from DOJ regarding this issue if no we are going to take the legal route.

ali

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:15 pm

@ aligo if you search this forum and if i havent mistaken, someone earlier had a similar issue that they werent issued the GNIB card, and the couple stayed at the office and said they wont leave until they get a GNIB card or until they have this in written as a proof from them saying that they wont issue the GNIB card. And eventually they were issued a GNIB card!
At the moment you dont have a written proof that they have denied you a GNIB card, therefore probably this might put you in a precarious position.
More experienced members please correct me if I am wrong.

mgb

Post by mgb » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:58 am

@aligo
Why not lodge a complaint at the garda ombudsman.
The temp stamp was refused without writing from GNIB and not INIS.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:46 pm

aligo wrote:Hi Pocketace

thank you so much for that at least someone else before was denied a GNIB card before. I went to the solicitor and he said that they have the discretion not to issue you a GNIB card but they need to have given you some solid reason not just saying verbally saying that they are not satisifed. I am going to wait for a few days just in case we recieve any formal letter from DOJ regarding this issue if no we are going to take the legal route.

ali
That us rubbish. They have no discretion.

See Desci
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

benfares

Post by benfares » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:28 am

Now the government thinks there is too much sham marriages. Even in England they are extremely strict, they have a rule deport first and appeal later.

I have seen sham marriages being organised infront of my eyes in takeaways its shocking. Needs to stop