ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCOMPANY EU CITIZEN VISA FROM NIGERIA

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dalebutt

ACCOMPANY EU CITIZEN VISA FROM NIGERIA

Post by dalebutt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:18 pm

hi
Last edited by dalebutt on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

dalebutt

Re: ACCOMPANY EU CITIZEN VISA FROM NIGERIA

Post by dalebutt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 pm

dalebutt wrote:Hi all, I need your advice and guidance with regards an application lodged at the embassy of Ireland in Nigeria, My wife is a British Citizen and she is living in Ireland, she came to Nigeria in other that we should travel back to Ireland together, I have now submitted the application and its gona be a month by Tuesday, yet nothing has been said by the embassy, does anyone have an Idea how this works. sent them emails the reply was Visa application still pending

I would appreciate your comments

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:39 pm

please check the embassy website
give them a call and find out about the delay. The best thing to do is to contact Solvit and they will then intervene.

I had issue once with Spanish embassy and they did contact them and within 2 days my matter was resolved.

thanks

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:45 pm

I would say give them few weeks because it's more than likely they are tied with loadza applications especially visa applications relying on zambrano of which loads of them r still waiting for a decision.Note if u applied at the application centre in Lagos,it takes 10 working days getting to the main Embassy in Abuja but hey as someone said try Solvit thats also good as there is completely no harm in trying.
We are nothing but like pencil in the hands of our creator God Almighty

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:53 pm

If you are in no rush, and are happy to wait, then just enjoy the summer and wait.

They are required to issue your visa "as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated process". I would personally immediately follow up with the embassy, and also contact Solvit ( http://eumovement.wordpress.com/help-eu-solvit/ ). Solvit usually takes a while, so contact them now.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks guyz, I have already sent a complaint to the European commission, am guna try Solvit as u have suggested, thanks for your concern guyz wil keep u updated

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Guyz does anyone knows if the Visa application are sent to Dublin for processing or are dealt with by the Nigerian embassy. thanks for your comments

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Have you called the embassy and asked why there is the delay?

If you read http://eumovement.wordpress.com/eu-coun ... o-ireland/ and specifically the letter to the EU about the London embassy, they say that all visas are processed in London and not passed to Ireland.

koded

Post by koded » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:25 pm

dalebutt wrote:Guyz does anyone knows if the Visa application are sent to Dublin for processing or are dealt with by the Nigerian embassy. thanks for your comments
Sometimes, yes, they do send EUFAm application to INIS for approval. If you have only waited for one month, you dont need to worry because as far as i know some of the applications sent to INIS take up to 1 month before approval. I got mine in one of the European countries and it took exactly 1 month to process.
Provided you submitted all the necessarily documents, you will be granted the visa in due time.
Best of Luck.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks Directive/2004/38/EC, their number isnt just going through for some reason, I heard about some Nigerian touts who tried to block the embassy's line in other to con pple tho, am nt too sure about it. @ kODED, Mayb I just have to relax a little more, I just hate the fact that they wuldnt treat the application on an accelerated procedure, but at the end am jst guna av to relax, thanks again guyz

Thanks for ur posts

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 am

Visa applications are processed by Irish embassies(visa section) in Cairo,Abuja e.t.c the staffs working at the specified Irish embassies abroad were trained to process visa applications(short&long stay) therefore visa applications are only been referred to INIS(visa section) when there is doubt or for clarificat.As i said you dont need to worry yet,most African countries close to Nigeria use the Irish Embassy in Nigeria(Abuja) for lodging applications so they are probably tied up with loadza applications
We are nothing but like pencil in the hands of our creator God Almighty

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:42 pm

thanks Morrisj, U shed more light on this for me as i kept checkin the INIS website for Visa decision thinking its guna be released from dublin.
Cheers bruv

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:31 pm

They really are required to be a lot faster on this. Specifically they are required to process your visa (since you are a direct family member of an EU citizen) "as soon as possible, and on the basis of an accelerated process".

You seem content to wait, and that is totally your decision. But if you want to make it go faster, you can do so!

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Thanks Directive 2004

Am not at all, I already sent a message to Solvit Ireland centre and they acknowledge the receipt of my complaint on Friday, waiting to hear 4rm them might be later in the week before they replied as someone as hinted they are slow to act. or u have better complaint procedure.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 am

For your reference, relevant Irish law is http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/2SI226of ... of2006.pdf
STATUTORY INSTRUMENT
S.I. No. 226 of 2006
European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006

Permission for Union citizens and qualifying family members to enter the State

4.(3)(b) The Minister shall, on the basis of an accelerated process, consider an application for an
Irish visa from a qualifying family member referred to in subparagraph (a) as soon as
possible
and, if the Minister decides to issue an Irish visa, the relevant Irish visa shall be
issued free of charge.

I personally would write to the embassy, saying roughly the following:

Explain that you submitted your application on DATE.

That the application has now been unresolved for 30 days (whatever the number is).

That you understand that under European case law (ECJ Case C-459/99 MRAX [2002]), Directive 2004/38/EC and
Irish Statutory Instrument "S.I. No. 226 of 2006, European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006" (Paragraph 4.(3)(b)), that the visa is required to be processed "as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated process".

And that you would appreciate their attention to these legal requirements!

That will likely get their attention!

When do you want to travel?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:05 pm

dnt know what to say bro, u've given me a head start on this I shall draft the letter and make sure they receive it this week, My wife is with me here and we are so sick of waiting and doing notin round here just because they wudnt process the Visa on time, I wuld travel 2dayz after i get my Visa cnt just wait anymore. thanks alot highly appreciated. BTW can i do this as an electronic message or should be a paper draft, I have contacted them via email in the past tho. Big Cheers

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

IRELAND JOIN EU CITIZEN VISA FROM NIGERIA

Post by Happygoluckky » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:24 am

My husband is a British citizen. We got married in June 2012 and have twice applied for and been refused spouse visa. First time financial requirement and they didn't think our marriage was subsisting. Second time financial requirement They claimed not to have seen his tax records. Which we called HMRC and they confirmed they have.

Anyway, we have a 5 month old daughter now and we are about to apply for a join spouse / parent visa to Ireland. My questions:

1) will the previous uk refusals affect this application? Note that I have had a number of UK tourist visas approved over the years before the spouse refusal stain on my record

2) how long is this visa decision currently taking to be processed ?

Will be grateful if anyone can help out with this.

Thank you all in advance.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:02 am

Where would your husband be applying from? by law UK refusal should not impact on his EU rights to join or accompany you to Ireland, depending on the mood of the visa officer, after this is Ireland, they could covertly do anything. It all depends on which country he would be applying from, they have an agenda to make visa applications from Nigeria as difficult as you can ever imagine.

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

Post by Happygoluckky » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks, dalebutt. I'm in Lagos. Would be applying from here. My husband is in london. Na wa oh. I hope they would ve soft pedaled plus I intend to put even more than they require for the application. I also intend to subtly quote the processing time slated by the EU.

I'll put in the application by next week at the most and see how it goes.

Thank u.

dalebutt wrote:Where would your husband be applying from? by law UK refusal should not impact on his EU rights to join or accompany you to Ireland, depending on the mood of the visa officer, after this is Ireland, they could covertly do anything. It all depends on which country he would be applying from, they have an agenda to make visa applications from Nigeria as difficult as you can ever imagine.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:18 am

I wish you good luck, I seriously do, I hope that the fact that you have a child together will thump their usual excuse for refusal "relationship history", although I am not holding by breath.

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

Post by Happygoluckky » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Lol. U can hold ur breath oh. I would include all evidence of relationship sef. Though it's not usually required :D Letters, pictures taken over the years, call history everything. Let's see how they wiggle out of this one. I will put everything putable. Don't wanna take chances.

dalebutt wrote:I wish you good luck, I seriously do, I hope that the fact that you have a child together will thump their usual excuse for refusal "relationship history", although I am not holding by breath.

Lovtuppy
Newly Registered

Post by Lovtuppy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:05 am

Hi guys, please where can I download the application of visa to accompany spouse to ireland from on the Irish immigration website. I have looked but can't find it please any direction or links.

Thanks