ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accompany wife Irish visa issue

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pellegrinelli

Accompany wife Irish visa issue

Post by Pellegrinelli » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:46 am

Hi all

Me and my wife plan to get her a type C visa to Ireland, and I will accompany her. I will be excersising my treaty rights etc...and doing the whole surinder Singh to get back to uk together. We plan to make visa in October, then start all process and go to Ireland asap. But, we have a problem. In the end of January she must go back to ukraine to pass uni exams. Her type C visa lasts 3 months....more or less around the time she must leave. But we must stay in Ireland 6 months to work in order to get EU family permit. Anyway I will not find a job straight away, so it would be more than 6 months....she must also get temp stamp to stay more than 3 months after her type C visa expires...but she has to go and take exams....so....what is the best thing to do? Must we stay together for 6 months working in Ireland all in one go? Or can she go and come back? But how would it work with visas and stamps ect??? What should we do? Please help,I am destroyng my brain not knowing what to do. Please any suggestions and any advice, no matter what will be accepted.

benfares

Re: Accompany wife Irish visa issue

Post by benfares » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi

You have to decide whats important for you taking her exams at the end of January or starting the whole visa process which is stressful and could take months believe me I have done this route.

:D

Pellegrinelli

Post by Pellegrinelli » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:53 pm

...so realistically we can't fit both things in? Is it best to commit through the whole visa/ireland process rather than her come to Ireland, leave for a bit and then come back again?

benfares

Post by benfares » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:12 pm

You either have to commit together to do this route 100% and not leave and come back, or she can finish her studies and start the process after January, as you can save money for accommodation, transport etc its quite expensive here in Dublin.

Pellegrinelli

Post by Pellegrinelli » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Ok, thank you for your help. One more thing...do you like Dublin? What's it like to move around the city? Is it better to use public transport or have own car? And what about prices for buses, food ect?

benfares

Post by benfares » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Its quite nice, but very expensive i used to live in Rathmines and that was so expensive. But there is other cheaper places go on daft.ie its a very good website and look for jobs at irishjobs.ie and indeed really good employment websites.used to take the luas (tram)its about 7 euros and the bus is about 4 euros or more. Food is a bit expensive try dunnes stores and tescos.

Hope this helps