ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advanced Stage - What does it really mean?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

The_Mentiad

Advanced Stage - What does it really mean?

Post by The_Mentiad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:40 am

So I got ye olde "Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing" email today.
I have been reading the forums extensively and I am interested to know what this really, actually, means.
Can anyone with knowledge of the subject comment as to whether I am correct in thinking that Second Stage means Garda check etc etc, and Advanced Stage means either preparing to go to the minister or with the minister?
So my email would mean the checks are all done and it is being prepared for the minister or with them already?
Does that ring true? Am I on the money with this?

The_Mentiad

Re: Advanced Stage - What does it really mean?

Post by The_Mentiad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Seems like quite a few members of this forum received approval about two weeks or so after getting this email response... not sure what that "means" exactly, but looking for as many data points as possible.

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:30 pm

The_Mentiad wrote:So I got ye olde "Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing" email today.
Did you get that email out of the blue or did you write to them to check the status?

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:03 pm

I wrote them to check.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:28 pm

The_Mentiad wrote:Seems like quite a few members of this forum received approval about two weeks or so after getting this email response... not sure what that "means" exactly, but looking for as many data points as possible.
@The_Mentiad,

I got approval two weeks from the date they advised my application is on advanced stage of processing. I think, your approval is on it's way. Keep updating us on the timeline thread.

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Will do, cheers iCloud.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:11 pm

iCloud wrote:
The_Mentiad wrote:Seems like quite a few members of this forum received approval about two weeks or so after getting this email response... not sure what that "means" exactly, but looking for as many data points as possible.
@The_Mentiad,

I got approval two weeks from the date they advised my application is on advanced stage of processing. I think, your approval is on it's way. Keep updating us on the timeline thread.
Advanced stage of processing means, "Application is ready to be submitted to the minister or it has already been submitted to the minister but decision hasn't been made yet!"

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Cheers iCloud. That is precisely what I was wondering.
Fingers crossed I am on the home stretch and will be there in April with you!

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:20 pm

I am getting answer that your application continues to be processed, since March 2016.

December 1st they asked me for the up to date GNIB card, which i sent next day.

Jan 18th sent them an email to know my application status, got response that my application is being prepared to be sent o minister, it has not been sent yet.

I got bit excited, at least they saying my application is being prepared to be sent to minister.

8 Feb sent them an email again, to check my application status. They replied your application continues to be processed.

9 Feb rang them, same answer, your application is continue to be processed.

Really disappointed to see that my application is still continues to be processed!

I dont think so, i will get approval for this ceremony now.
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:19 am

The_Mentiad wrote:Cheers iCloud. That is precisely what I was wondering.
Fingers crossed I am on the home stretch and will be there in April with you!
@The_Mentiad"

No worries

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:26 am

llvlludi wrote:I am getting answer that your application continues to be processed, since March 2016.

December 1st they asked me for the up to date GNIB card, which i sent next day.

Jan 18th sent them an email to know my application status, got response that my application is being prepared to be sent o minister, it has not been sent yet.

I got bit excited, at least they saying my application is being prepared to be sent to minister.

8 Feb sent them an email again, to check my application status. They replied your application continues to be processed.

9 Feb rang them, same answer, your application is continue to be processed.

Really disappointed to see that my application is still continues to be processed!

I dont think so, i will get approval for this ceremony now.
@llvlludi

I have been following your post for long time, I still remember they asked your spouse P60 some stage and your 10 year PR took little longer than others. Don't worry, I believe, you will get your approval within few weeks. They also requested for up to date GNIB card for a friend of mine few weeks earlier and it was advised that his application is being prepared to be submitted to the minister. Both you and my friend will get the approval within few weeks for sure as you know there are still 66 days left for citizenship ceremony, they will definitely issue plenty of approvals before the ceremony. You have waited long enough, so it's your time now. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks.

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:39 am

I was also asked for me GNIB earlier this month. And was told at that point and after I provided it that my application "continued to be processed". I am guessing this latest update indicates it has moved forward...

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:08 am

iCloud wrote:
iCloud wrote:
@The_Mentiad,

Advanced stage of processing means, "Application is ready to be submitted to the minister or it has already been submitted to the minister but decision hasn't been made yet!"
I wrote to them on Jan 27th and got this reply - "Your application is being prepared for submission to the Minister, it has not yet been submitted. You will be informed of the Ministers decision as
expeditiously as possible.
"

Is this also what they'd call advanced stage?

By the way, I got the reply a minute after I sent my email! This means someone read my email, looked up my application and replied to it within a minute. I knew the office responded promptly to emails, but I didn't expect such a tiny turn-around time!

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:26 am

The_Mentiad wrote:I was also asked for me GNIB earlier this month. And was told at that point and after I provided it that my application "continued to be processed". I am guessing this latest update indicates it has moved forward...
But you mentioned in your first post that your file has moved to advanced stage
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:31 am

iCloud wrote: @llvlludi

I have been following your post for long time, I still remember they asked your spouse P60 some stage and your 10 year PR took little longer than others. Don't worry, I believe, you will get your approval within few weeks. They also requested for up to date GNIB card for a friend of mine few weeks earlier and it was advised that his application is being prepared to be submitted to the minister. Both you and my friend will get the approval within few weeks for sure as you know there are still 66 days left for citizenship ceremony, they will definitely issue plenty of approvals before the ceremony. You have waited long enough, so it's your time now. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks.
HI Icloud,

First of all, congratulations for your approval!

Yes i got my 10 year stamp in august and sent them a copy of visa immediately, after that they moved me to 2nd stage. in december 2016 they asked me for the up to date GNIB card , which i sent next day.

There is still time for ceremony but i am guessing since my application is still continues to be processed not moved to advance stage, I dont think so i will get approval before ceremony.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:37 am

indianzeppelin wrote:
I wrote to them on Jan 27th and got this reply - "Your application is being prepared for submission to the Minister, it has not yet been submitted. You will be informed of the Ministers decision as
expeditiously as possible.

By the way, I got the reply a minute after I sent my email! This means someone read my email, looked up my application and replied to it within a minute. I knew the office responded promptly to emails, but I didn't expect such a tiny turn-around time!

A month ago, i got same answer " your application is being prepared for submission to the minsiter, it has not yet been submitted". But few days ago when i asked for an update, they replied " your application continues to be processed ". I guess they being prepared for submission is another way of saying that your application is continues to be processed.

Yes they response promptly, i am sure they checked you file status before they responded.

Maybe you should send them another email, lets see what they response this time.

Keep faith and keep updating here, thanks

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:47 pm

llvlludi wrote:
indianzeppelin wrote:
I wrote to them on Jan 27th and got this reply - "Your application is being prepared for submission to the Minister, it has not yet been submitted. You will be informed of the Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible.

A month ago, i got same answer " your application is being prepared for submission to the minsiter, it has not yet been submitted". But few days ago when i asked for an update, they replied " your application continues to be processed ". I guess they being prepared for submission is another way of saying that your application is continues to be processed.

Yes they response promptly, i am sure they checked you file status before they responded.

Maybe you should send them another email, lets see what they response this time.

Keep faith and keep updating here, thanks
Thanks! I emailed them again some time ago and got a much favourable response - Please be advised that a letter is issuing to you from this office today and you should be receiving same over the coming days.
Last edited by zepman on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:48 pm

llvlludi wrote:
The_Mentiad wrote:I was also asked for me GNIB earlier this month. And was told at that point and after I provided it that my application "continued to be processed". I am guessing this latest update indicates it has moved forward...
But you mentioned in your first post that your file has moved to advanced stage
Yes. Both happened. First the GNIB card etc, then I followed up some weeks later to see where it was at.

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:50 pm

indianzeppelin wrote:
Thanks! I emailed them again some time ago and got a much favourable response - "Please be advised that a letter is issuing to you from this office today and you should be receiving same over the coming days.".
That is good news! :)

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:07 pm

@ indianzeppelin

Good news, could you share with us once you received letter.

@ The M

As you have moved to advanced stage, its mean you will get approval in coming weeks. Good luck buddy

o365

Post by o365 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi All

Got the same answer a week before as already got second stage letter around 30th November, being advised after an email for an update on 6th Feb 2017 that application is still at stage where they are viewieng to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.
It means apparently advance stage to me ? anyone similar case / or response

good luck to all
thanks

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:35 pm

o365 wrote:Hi All

Got the same answer a week before as already got second stage letter around 30th November, being advised after an email for an update on 6th Feb 2017 that application is still at stage where they are viewieng to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.
It means apparently advance stage to me ? anyone similar case / or response

good luck to all
thanks

Can you please share you timeline ?
when did you apply and what visa did you have Stamp 4 , Stamp EU4FAM, or EU citizen ?

put it on the official thread as well :D

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:03 pm

Folks,
Would anyone has an idea why it could take too long for an application to move into the second stage
Here is my time line
Application based on 5 year residency (stamp3&Stamp4) old form
Application Date: 05 August 2016
1st Acknowledgment Date:20 Sept 2016
Second stage letter : 03 February 2017

o365

Post by o365 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:35 am

@broli
Stamp4EUFAM 5 Years continuous and renewed in Dec2016 for another 5 Years
applied 29th July 2016
Acknowledgment: In aug 2016
Between Aug2016/Oct2016: Sent them updated Stamp4 Garda Card copy that was issued for 3 months while i was waiting for decision on Eutreaty rights on 5years stamp.
5th Nov 2016: Department requested 3 proof of address. Sent them required with copy of Approval letter from EU treaty rights for another 5 year residence.
30th Nov 2016: got second stage letter.
2Jan2017: sent them updated GNIB copy with 5 year stamp. Just to keep them updated with records so as copy of PSC card. It wasn't asked but as reading forums i sent them precautionary to not delay anything and keep them updated.

Emailed 6th feb: got the response as earlier post.

My concern is much as i travel to UK off n on for a day and two almost every month. Curiously Immigration officer last month ask me weird question as to y i travel UK without my spouse alot explained all as i have been travelling from past 9 years with valid visas to UK sometime work related sometime personal visit.
HOPE that doesnt held against me application as i never been away more than 2weeks in whole 9 years of my residence and never been asked anything from citizen department along the same lines.

Hoping for the best!!!!!

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:58 am

@o365

Thank you for sharing well you are still on the run to get approval for April . :mrgreen:

You can sent an e-mail to them and ask for update you can share response with us if possible .

How much times was remaining on your GNIB before you applied for New "EU4FAM" .
i want to know how early you applied for new EU4FAM before expiration as i have to renew my EU4FAM very soon thanks