ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lobsangdekyi
Newly Registered

Advice needed!

Post by lobsangdekyi » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:52 am

So I'm an Irish citizen engaged to a Thai man. I have lived in Thailand for nearly two years now. But I am now pregnant. So, I want to return home to have the baby and set up a life. I am wondering, which option is more likely to be successful - any advice is welcomed!

option 1: if I get married, as planned, here and then he applies for the long stay visa - it says it can take up to 10 months and could be rejected. Which will mean he could miss the birth. I am going to get a doctors note obviously and hope it speedens up the process and is successful. If anyone has experience with this i'd be grateful to hear the outcome.

option 2: If I wait, he gets a 3 month tourist visa, and we get married in Ireland before the birth - can he then apply, under extraordinary circumstances - to get a long stay visa.

Surely the Irish government would not split a family up.

I just don't know what he should do and we are fastly running out of time. Any recommendations would be grateful!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Advice needed!

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:36 am

The department of Justice may not like this, but they will have to accept it. Also See Ford .

The High Court has ruled that Article 41 of the Constitution must also be considered in these cases.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors