ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed - US citizen spouse of Irish citizen and child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tim131
Newly Registered

Advice needed - US citizen spouse of Irish citizen and child

Post by tim131 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi All,

So I'm an Irish citizen, born and bread. My wife is an American who moved to be with me in Ireland a year or two ago - she had a stamp 4 card that was good for a year, however before that expired and got renewed we moved to the states for a year - now we are coming back and she has her old stamp 4 card but it's expired - does anyone have any idea if she will have trouble at all moving back to Ireland - will we just have to do the same thing again, go to our local garda immigration officer and get her paperwork processed again?

Also, we had a baby when we were in the states, she is automatically an Irish Citizen, but doesn't have a passport, only a US passport, will there be trouble with getting her to Ireland?

Any advice or help will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Tim

gb1985

Re: Advice needed - US citizen spouse of Irish citizen and c

Post by gb1985 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:32 pm

As an American citizen, your spouse and child do not require Irish visa, so they will be allowed into country. Your spouse will have to register for stamp 4 as she did previously.

Apply Irish passport for your child (either from Irish embassy in US or once you are in Ireland).