ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aussie21
Newly Registered

Advice on moving to Ireland

Post by aussie21 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 am

Hi, we're considering a move to Ireland if things don't work out with our first choice of the UK and I was just wondering if I could get some advice on moving there both good and bad although with the bad I want to know why it was bad ie working conditions, renting/housing issues.

So here's what I want to know, does anyone know what the work situation is like for Radiographer's in Ireland is there enough work?

How hard is it to get a rental property in Ireland? what do the real estate agents require ie 6mths in advance etc

What are the high schools like in Ireland we have a 15yo that we'll be looking for a good school for.

What's the healthcare system like in Ireland?

Any other advice that could be given would be awesome

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Advice on moving to Ireland

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:06 am

aussie21 wrote:Hi, we're considering a move to Ireland if things don't work out with our first choice of the UK and I was just wondering if I could get some advice on moving there both good and bad although with the bad I want to know why it was bad ie working conditions, renting/housing issues.

So here's what I want to know, does anyone know what the work situation is like for Radiographer's in Ireland is there enough work?

How hard is it to get a rental property in Ireland? what do the real estate agents require ie 6mths in advance etc

What are the high schools like in Ireland we have a 15yo that we'll be looking for a good school for.

What's the healthcare system like in Ireland?

Any other advice that could be given would be awesome
Are you looking to move to ROI because of visa issues or just because you fancy a change?
Depending on your circumstances and what lifestyle you want, ROI can be good news or bad news

In terms of working in the healthcare system some aspects of it compared to the UK are backwards (no offense meant) but the pay I'd say is better in the ROI depending on your years of experience and of course how you sell yourself. Aim for the larger cities HSE or public hospitals (NHS in the UK) as you have higher chances of employment. Working conditions are what you make of them so long as you lower expectations, learn the way they work and adapt accordingly. I'd say it takes 1 year to fully adjust in the job as well as ROI in general, go with the flow is the moto and you will be fine.

Renting is getting expensive depending on where you decide to live and like in any other city, closer to the capital is more expensive. If you have a car and prepared to travel 30mins radius or so to work you can get your rent money go a long way. Be sure to take your time in choosing the right property because over here you need to commit for 1 year before you decide to rent elsewhere. So if the property is crap then you're stuck with it

Employment is very much depended on geographical location, closer to, or living near Dublin more chances of employment like in other country. Quality of life however is way better outside Dublin in other cities like Cork

Taxation is a killer compared to the UK but then again you earn more over here so it swings thereabouts.

Above all my strongest and a must advise is to visit ROI in different occasions with your family, checkout the areas (start with Dublin the Cork etc) ask as many questions as you can before you make the move. Importantly rent a car, make a plan of places to see and experience them firsthand so you know what to expect. You can even approach different hospitals for interviews to see what you get (again Dublin, Cork etc) Just send your CV and see if you get offered interviews. I suppose your biggest and most important indicator to move would be the pay you'd get. Put it this way, if you have a couple working full time, are good with money, no debts then ROI is just as good (if not better) the UK

Good luck with your decision

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:35 am

i will advice to apply EU treaty in another country not ireland, it is long process here.

aussie21
Newly Registered

Move to Ireland as a spouse of a British citizen

Post by aussie21 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:06 am

Hey all, just wondering what do I need to apply for if I wish to move to Republic of Ireland as the spouse of a British citizen?

If someone can copy and paste the link I would very much appreciate it!!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:27 am

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.