ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any experiences with Spousal Dependent work permit?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neuron

Any experiences with Spousal Dependent work permit?

Post by neuron » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife will be joining me shortly in Ireland, on a Stamp 3.

I am a Green Card employment permit holder, and my wife would be able to apply for a Spousal Dependent employment permit, if she's able to get a job offer from an employer willing to sponsor her for it?

Has anyone had experience with these permit? Are employers generally open to this sort of thing?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Any experiences with Spousal Dependent work permit?

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:42 pm

Employers are not too happy when it comes to the sponsorship of visa / Green card etc...but if she has the qualifications that comes under critical skills list like, IT / Medical / Accounts etc... she would be able to get the Green card.

You can find further info about the spousal dependent permit on this link:

http://www.djei.ie/labour/workpermits/d ... ouseep.htm

And about Critical Skills Employment Permits: http://www.djei.ie/labour/workpermits/c ... illsep.htm

neuron

Re: Any experiences with Spousal Dependent work permit?

Post by neuron » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:20 pm

Nope, she's in a non-critical skills profession, which might make getting a job definitely harder. But I'm hoping the conditions of the spousal dependent visa (no labour market needs test, can be part-time from 10hrs a week, any industry, no fee) might make employers less reluctant to sponsor her for a visa.