ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone got TEMPORARY 6 months STAMP 4 recently??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Re: Anyone got TEMPORARY 6 months STAMP 4 recently??

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:07 pm

I was initially thinking based on present EU scenario to move back to Uk, but I agree with raja, that the benefit will be more if we get 5 years card and then move, this will facilitate the UK
Process even if the laws are changed etc... This is just based on thoughts

notrouble

Post by notrouble » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:42 pm

raja.brit wrote:Dear All,

I am a British Citizen. Moved to Ireland last October and working since then. My mother visited me to UK mid last year and moved her last November to Ireland based on UK Family Visit Visa. She was stamped 2 months visa in Airport.

Submitted my mother's EU1 application in December last year and got my temporary Stamp 4 letter few days ago.

I submitted all the documents and the Stamp 4 letter didn't state for any need for any further additional documents and that the application has been accepted.

Went to local garda to sort the GNIB card few days ago.

The immigration officer looked at Ireland Entry Stamp which said it was visit for 2 months and started mourning about we terribly abusing the system and that I should have applied for the correct Visa from home country for my mother before she entered Ireland.

She also pointed out mother's UK Visit C visa and said that it is for visit purpose only for both UK and Ireland based on which Ireland stamped 2 months visit.

I told her I dint know about it and will keep in mind for future reference. Told her she did intend to visit initially but decided to live here and hence applied for RC.

She did have her moment and said that a lot of people are doing the same thing and this abuse will come to an end soon. She then took my mother's picture and finger print. She asked to come back in 2 weeks to get the GNIB card and I reckon would be given till June end as per Stamp 4 letter.

I totally dint expect this as my friends who got their Stamp 4 said it was straightforward and no fuss.

My heart was beating so fast when the lady initially had a moure at me. Thought she would say my mom had to leave the country and reapply from home country.

I hope this helps.

Just wanted to share my experience.

Not sure if this will have an impact on my mother's RC application.

I appreciate any thoughts from the forum members and what you think about the chances of approval?.

Just a quick comment on your experience. The immigration officer who spoke to you is not fully aware of the EU Directive and I am not too surprised. I have seen it in many countries across the EU now...

The fact is that your family member does not even have to be legally in the country, or in case of Schengen countries can enter on a stamp/visa issued by a different member state. So even if your mother was illegal at the time, there is nothing that lady officer could have done. This should no have any influence on your right as an EU Citizen to be with in Ireland your family. So I am sorry you had to listen to all that nonsense.

Fessy
Newly Registered

Post by Fessy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:37 pm

Hello Hamza2013,
Thanks for the response. My family are planning to submit their application in Nigeria tomorrow. My question is, do i tell them to hold on and i move to Ireland, get a job and accommodation and then apply for EU1 straight away from Nigeria may be that one will be quicker and easier.

Thanks

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:41 am

Hi Fessy

That will make no difference, please see below link:

Irish government are stopping the cases deliberately,

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:05 pm

notrouble wrote:

Just a quick comment on your experience. The immigration officer who spoke to you is not fully aware of the EU Directive and I am not too surprised. I have seen it in many countries across the EU now...

The fact is that your family member does not even have to be legally in the country, or in case of Schengen countries can enter on a stamp/visa issued by a different member state. So even if your mother was illegal at the time, there is nothing that lady officer could have done. This should no have any influence on your right as an EU Citizen to be with in Ireland your family. So I am sorry you had to listen to all that nonsense.
Many thanks for your response. Appreciate it! :)

Cant wait to get Stamp 4 next week.

All the best!!

Shakey

Post by Shakey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Hamza2013 wrote:Hi Fessy

That will make no difference, please see below link:

Irish government are stopping the cases deliberately,
The block appears to be on certain processing centers/nationalities. My wife was issued with a visa within 10 days last month. However we made it quite clear we would not be doing a 'Surinder Singh' and showed clearly if we wanted a UK visa we could get one.

dhoward
Newly Registered

Post by dhoward » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:10 am

I received my letter yesterday for my temp stamp. It took 11 weeks to get it sent out. There was quite a few emails sent on my end to actually make it happen though. I'm guessing it would have taken longer if that hadn't of been the case.

Aaron-Law

Post by Aaron-Law » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:11 pm

raja.brit wrote:Dear All,

I am a British Citizen. Moved to Ireland last October and working since then. My mother visited me to UK mid last year and moved her last November to Ireland based on UK Family Visit Visa. She was stamped 2 months visa in Airport.

Submitted my mother's EU1 application in December last year and got my temporary Stamp 4 letter few days ago.

I submitted all the documents and the Stamp 4 letter didn't state for any need for any further additional documents and that the application has been accepted.

Went to local garda to sort the GNIB card few days ago.

The immigration officer looked at Ireland Entry Stamp which said it was visit for 2 months and started mourning about we terribly abusing the system and that I should have applied for the correct Visa from home country for my mother before she entered Ireland.

She also pointed out mother's UK Visit C visa and said that it is for visit purpose only for both UK and Ireland based on which Ireland stamped 2 months visit.

I told her I dint know about it and will keep in mind for future reference. Told her she did intend to visit initially but decided to live here and hence applied for RC.

She did have her moment and said that a lot of people are doing the same thing and this abuse will come to an end soon. She then took my mother's picture and finger print. She asked to come back in 2 weeks to get the GNIB card and I reckon would be given till June end as per Stamp 4 letter.

I totally dint expect this as my friends who got their Stamp 4 said it was straightforward and no fuss.

My heart was beating so fast when the lady initially had a moure at me. Thought she would say my mom had to leave the country and reapply from home country.

I hope this helps.

Just wanted to share my experience.

Not sure if this will have an impact on my mother's RC application.

I appreciate any thoughts from the forum members and what you think about the chances of approval?.

Hi RajaBrit,

I know it sounds a bit vague but the guys at the Garda desk have no understanding of the EU law and they think that everyone is just skipping or jumping the system. Actually the Garda have no right to question you nor your mother in regards to the residency rights or the method or the change in your personal circumstances.

As soon as they say things like that they have just breached your right to, "freedom of movement."
I had emailed GNIB and CC'd Treatyrights unit with a similar question and asking if GARDA had explicit authority over questioning NON-EEA national dependants of an EEA national (when they come to register their biometric data etc; at the Garda office for the 6 month stamp) and they didn't have anything substantiating their claim. Furthermore, I believe that it could have been a case of Xenophobia. It's unfortunate that your mother had to go through this.

Trust the system not the small people. Ireland is a beautiful and hospitable country.
I hope you guys don't face any more of those idiots again.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Aaron.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:40 am

Aaron-Law wrote:

Hi RajaBrit,

I know it sounds a bit vague but the guys at the Garda desk have no understanding of the EU law and they think that everyone is just skipping or jumping the system. Actually the Garda have no right to question you nor your mother in regards to the residency rights or the method or the change in your personal circumstances.

As soon as they say things like that they have just breached your right to, "freedom of movement."
I had emailed GNIB and CC'd Treatyrights unit with a similar question and asking if GARDA had explicit authority over questioning NON-EEA national dependants of an EEA national (when they come to register their biometric data etc; at the Garda office for the 6 month stamp) and they didn't have anything substantiating their claim. Furthermore, I believe that it could have been a case of Xenophobia. It's unfortunate that your mother had to go through this.

Trust the system not the small people. Ireland is a beautiful and hospitable country.
I hope you guys don't face any more of those idiots again.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Aaron.

Many thanks for your response and initiative Aaron. Much appreciate it!

It was an immigration officer in Garda station who questioned me actually. Dont think she was an actual Garda.

But I totally agree with you and I was not expecting to be questioned at all.

I did go through the EU Directive 2004/38/ec and it says at the border, the non-eu citizen has the same rights as the EU citizen and should be granted 3 months entry. However I only requested 2 months based on visit for my mom coz I knew there was option to always apply for EU1 even though she entered as a visitor.

If you look on the following link, INIS states that a person requires only short C visa to accompany EU family member. But my mom dint need one coz she has C visit issed by UK (another member state). So what the EU Directive 2004/38/ec says is that non-eea family should hold just a entry visa which my mom was holding while she was accompanying EU Citizen.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

So i dint understand the fuss as only intended to gain entry with my mother based on Freedom of movement.

One thing I have been looking for ages that I am not able to find in black and white.

Aaron, would you kindly be able to point please where in the directive 2004/38/ec it specifically states the kind of visa requirement for a non-eu family member of a EU citizen (who doesn't hold a RC issued by EEA member state) while joining / accompanying EU citizen from one EEA state to another EEA state (in my case it was from UK to ROI)?

INIS only states about the visa for EU Directive 2004/38/ec that a non-eu member needs to apply from their home country (non-eu) to seek entry as a member of EU Citizen.

Any directions would really help.

I really appreciate your time and assistance.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Thanks and best regards,
Raja

Fessy
Newly Registered

Post by Fessy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Hello Shakey,

Do you think the delay may not affect applicants from Nigeria. My family submitted her application yesterday. I don't know which country your wife applied through.
Anyways fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Shakey

Post by Shakey » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Fessy wrote:Hello Shakey,

Do you think the delay may not affect applicants from Nigeria. My family submitted her application yesterday. I don't know which country your wife applied through.
Anyways fingers crossed.

Thanks.
I have no idea if Nigeria is on the 'blocked list' but if I was to guess I would say yes it was.

Fingers crossed for you anyway.

nedmanai
Newly Registered

Post by nedmanai » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:43 am

Hi, PLEASE HELP

so my wife and i been in Ireland in 2014 , we left due o my wife's family, stayed in the UK for one and a half years than we came back o Ireland because we loved it

we applied for rc October 2015, 02 of feb we received a letter to send proof of eu self employment and prtb letters which our landlord refused to produce ...

we sent an email requesting stamp4 tem card because non eu has a job and we forced o leave for the lack of a stamp,
they sent a letter a week later .

now my wife's self employment been active since October last year, but we only sent jan feb bank statements as we wasn't lodging the money previous to January ,
we usually get payed cash as i run a cleaning business...

what kinda proof other self employed ppl are submitted and got approved ?

non eu has a good job for a salary of 1800/m and sent all his work proof p60 and ax cert both 2015 2016..

will hey take the non eu job into consideration ?

as for the prtb, our landlord is avoiding tax or sang, we even pay cash for the ren, there is no chance in hell he'll apply for one ,

we've got few bills in our name, and first page of tenancy agreement signed by the landlord , will this be enough ?
another thing, it said in first letter that our decision would be dealt in couple months and a half but the letter for the stamp was for an extra month

ty

Aaron-Law

Post by Aaron-Law » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:33 pm

[/quote]

Aaron, would you kindly be able to point please where in the directive 2004/38/ec it specifically states the kind of visa requirement for a non-eu family member of a EU citizen (who doesn't hold a RC issued by EEA member state) while joining / accompanying EU citizen from one EEA state to another EEA state (in my case it was from UK to ROI)?

INIS only states about the visa for EU Directive 2004/38/ec that a non-eu member needs to apply from their home country (non-eu) to seek entry as a member of EU Citizen.

Any directions would really help.

I really appreciate your time and assistance.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Thanks and best regards,
Raja[/quote]

Hi RajaBrit,

Firstly; relax, there is nothing explicitly drafted stating that a non-EEA national dependant of an EEA national family member should hold a residency permit or equivalent whilst travelling together.

Secondly; even if your mother had no visa or residency (eg. even if her status was precarious), so long as she is a family member of an EEA national who is exercising his/ her treaty rights the dependant non-EEA national should be treated as if they are an EEA national or equivalent.
The most a host country can do is, put the relationship or the dependency to test. That would only be such as for them to ascertain the relationship/ dependency.

Let's say in your case, as long as you are exercising your treaty rights, your mother is solely dependant on you and you have documentary evidence (i.e.: your birth certificate, financial support etc.) they should be able to sort her residency.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Aaron.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Aaron-Law wrote:
Hi RajaBrit,

Firstly; relax, there is nothing explicitly drafted stating that a non-EEA national dependant of an EEA national family member should hold a residency permit or equivalent whilst travelling together.

Secondly; even if your mother had no visa or residency (eg. even if her status was precarious), so long as she is a family member of an EEA national who is exercising his/ her treaty rights the dependant non-EEA national should be treated as if they are an EEA national or equivalent.
The most a host country can do is, put the relationship or the dependency to test. That would only be such as for them to ascertain the relationship/ dependency.

Let's say in your case, as long as you are exercising your treaty rights, your mother is solely dependant on you and you have documentary evidence (i.e.: your birth certificate, financial support etc.) they should be able to sort her residency.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Aaron.
Thanks for response Aaron. Really appreciate your time and assistance.

Great. I hope she gets her Ireland Residency soon.

Thanks and best regards,
Raja

legalaid

Post by legalaid » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:05 pm

Hi,

I have applied as extended family member in ireland in nov 2015. Its now more than 14 weeks and i haven't received any response from them. should i write them letter or email them about my case and copy it to to solvit.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi All,

Just to update one of my friend received stamp 4 (acknowledgement letter) in 7 weeks. I reckon that is super quick. Given the fact that there are not many EU citizen entering Ireland EU1 team must be flying through existing cases.

All the best,

L Ali
Newly Registered

Post by L Ali » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi, Hope any one can help. I am british citizen and using my treaty rights in irland. I have applied my brother's dependent visa on 2 months ago and have not heard anything was just wondering how long it takes to get your temp visa?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

hudaj101
Newly Registered

Post by hudaj101 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:36 am

Hi All,

This is my first time replying to this forum and im very much grateful for all the information given on this site..it has prompted me to come to ireland with my British husband last October 2015 because applying a spouse visa in the UK was impossible.. I am Malaysian and i applied for the EU1 application on the 23rd Dec 2015..i got a response from the INIS on the 9th Feb 2016 (which is quite fast to my surprise) requesting for some documents which i couldnt submit earlier such as my husbands Tax Credit & P60 as we had not received them during the time of application.

They also gave me a letter to submit to Garda for my Stamp4 which expires on 22/07/2016. Ive already gotten my Stamp4 card and stamp on my passport from my local garda station as mentioned in the letter to do so.

Now im just waiting for the 5 year RC inshaallah :) good luck everyone and if u have any queries, please feel free to ask

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:44 am

Good luck hudaj101,

We applied @ the end of Jan and are waiting to get some thing in post next week.

All the best for your 5 years decision,

L Ali
Newly Registered

Post by L Ali » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi, Hamza2013 are you waiting for stamp 4 as well? we applied in the 1st week of jan 16 and have not received anything yet? when can I expect stamp 4?
Good luck with your wait.

Thank you

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi L Ali,

As per other board members and one of my friend the stamp 4 acknowledgement letter was received in 7 weeks. All the cases I am talking about are spouses. You should be recieving your letter soon, can I ask if you have applied for qualifying or permitted member?

Fessy
Newly Registered

Post by Fessy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:37 pm

Hello hudaj101,
Just to find out the documents u submitted to get stamp 4 apart from marriage certificate, and do u applied based on employed.
Do u both move to ireland from UK.

Thanks

jordanyieng
Newly Registered

Post by jordanyieng » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:15 am

hudaj101 wrote:Hi All,

This is my first time replying to this forum and im very much grateful for all the information given on this site..it has prompted me to come to ireland with my British husband last October 2015 because applying a spouse visa in the UK was impossible.. I am Malaysian and i applied for the EU1 application on the 23rd Dec 2015..i got a response from the INIS on the 9th Feb 2016 (which is quite fast to my surprise) requesting for some documents which i couldnt submit earlier such as my husbands Tax Credit & P60 as we had not received them during the time of application.

They also gave me a letter to submit to Garda for my Stamp4 which expires on 22/07/2016. Ive already gotten my Stamp4 card and stamp on my passport from my local garda station as mentioned in the letter to do so.

Now im just waiting for the 5 year RC inshaallah :) good luck everyone and if u have any queries, please feel free to ask
Hi kak, I'm great to hear from your sharing. My wife is Malaysian too.
Can i have your email please or how can i contact you? We are facing the same situation like you. I really need your help.
Nak minta kak tolong!! Terima kasih

L Ali
Newly Registered

Post by L Ali » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi Hamza2013, thank you for your reply. I have applied for my real younger brother. Do you think I should contact inis?

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Hi L Ali,

Looks like they are not issuing temporary stamp to extended family members, see here (http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 04523.html)

as per Law this is unlawful not to issue temporary stamp while the application is under consideration.