ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apostilled Marriage Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tastylentils

Apostilled Marriage Certificate

Post by tastylentils » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:24 pm

What are people's experiences with apostilled documents?

Me and my wife are going through the application process so that she can join me here in Ireland. One of the requirements is an apostilled marriage cert. The question in my mind is how many apostilled translations should I get? Once in Ireland will the legitimacy in Ireland be challenged again, for example when applying for residency? These documents are not cheap and I'd rather not waste money on uncessary expense, but on the other hand, if it has to be done it's best do it now while my wife is in her country where she can deal with it.

Also, and this might be wishful thinking, is there any change of getting the apostilled document back once the embassy has seen it so i can reuse?

Thanks guys

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Apostilled Marriage Certificate

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:33 am

Once the apostle is honored by the DOJ on entry clearence of your spouse, the same apostle will be honored within Ireland by any other department.

Beside apostling it from Notary, it would be better to apostle it from your country's Ministry of foreign affairs.

You just need the original marriage cert and one copy to apostle it.

P.S: which country your spouse is applying from ?

tastylentils

Re: Apostilled Marriage Certificate

Post by tastylentils » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:32 am

Applying for China.

Its my understanding that the document will be first sent to the Chinese department of Foriegn Affairs stamped and then to Irish Embassy stamped again and then returned to us.

I wish I had done this when we first got married, but I wasn't clear on what I actually needed. The staff at the public notary were completely confused when we told them we needed the document translated and notarised for a visa application. I ended up with a notarised summary of our marriage information in English in Chinese.

This time round we got the marriage document translated notarised and then went elsewhere to arrange it to be sent the Chinese government department for legalizing. They said it would take 2 or 3 weeks,my wife paid extra for a speedier service.