ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British person want to settle with asylum seeker in ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

peridot786
Newly Registered

British person want to settle with asylum seeker in ireland

Post by peridot786 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi I'm new here and don't know if I'm in the right place. But my question is. That I'm a British born and bred in uk. I got married 17 years ago to someone from pakistan... It was a ranged marriage I'm still living with him. But just for name sake. About 7 months ago I met a person on FB who lives in ireland. He's a asylum seeker... we got alot close always on the phone and video chatting and fb. Now is the stage that we can't live without each other.. I decided that I will leave everything and go there. But I wanted to know how I can live with him and apply to have him with me here either in uk or ireland. I don't mind where we live. As long as I live with him. Please help me. I'm so depressed and stressed

Casa

Re: British person want to settle with asylum seeker in irel

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Have you met in person yet? You can of course go and live in Ireland, but bringing him to live with you in the UK is another matter, especially considering the fact that you are still married to someone else.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

yaz87

Post by yaz87 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:00 pm

peridot786 wrote:Hi I'm new here and don't know if I'm in the right place. But my question is. That I'm a British born and bred in uk. I got married 17 years ago to someone from pakistan... It was a ranged marriage I'm still living with him. But just for name sake. About 7 months ago I met a person on FB who lives in ireland. He's a asylum seeker... we got alot close always on the phone and video chatting and fb. Now is the stage that we can't live without each other.. I decided that I will leave everything and go there. But I wanted to know how I can live with him and apply to have him with me here either in uk or ireland. I don't mind where we live. As long as I live with him. Please help me. I'm so depressed and stressed
Wrong time wrong desion

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:03 pm

peridot786 wrote:Hi I'm new here and don't know if I'm in the right place. But my question is. That I'm a British born and bred in uk. I got married 17 years ago to someone from pakistan... It was a ranged marriage I'm still living with him. But just for name sake. About 7 months ago I met a person on FB who lives in ireland. He's a asylum seeker... we got alot close always on the phone and video chatting and fb. Now is the stage that we can't live without each other.. I decided that I will leave everything and go there. But I wanted to know how I can live with him and apply to have him with me here either in uk or ireland. I don't mind where we live. As long as I live with him. Please help me. I'm so depressed and stressed
Nothing to stop you going off to live in Ireland; thanks to CTA that's very straightforward if you are a BC.
Whether the grass seems as green in the cold light of day is another matter ofcourse.

But you can't easily bring anyone back to UK, via UK or EU migration routes.
That is neither as a spouse nor as an unmarried partner in a relationship 'akin to marriage', until you sort out spouse #1.
So you are going to have to face reality and make some hard choices sooner or later.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

peridot786
Newly Registered

Post by peridot786 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Casa wrote:Have you met in person yet? You can of course go and live in Ireland, but bringing him to live with you in the UK is another matter, especially considering the fact that you are still married to someone else.

Haven't met in person only so many years ago in uk met briefly... really had a feeling from then but didn't get his contact. It's just about 7 months ago he found me on fb and we just realised that we were meant to be. I know I might sound stupid but it's true. I have planned to leave uk and go live with him. My marriage is not a problem as I have been wanted to finish it off for a long time. And the uk laws accept a live in relationship. Like the de facto or something in ireland. I just need to know if I will be able to live there with him without any problems from the ireland system. Like are British people allowed to remain in ireland until they wish to. Thanks

peridot786
Newly Registered

Post by peridot786 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:21 pm

noajthan wrote:
Nothing to stop you going off to live in Ireland; thanks to CTA that's very straightforward if you are a BC.
Whether the grass seems as green in the cold light of day is another matter ofcourse.

That is neither as a spouse nor as an unmarried partner in a relationship 'akin to marriage', until you sort out spouse #1.
So you are going to have to face reality and make some hard choices sooner or later.
noajthan wrote:

That's what I want to know if it's straight forward for me to go live with him in ireland. He has applied for asylum but haven't heard anything yet. And my first spouse knows since a long time that I'm not happy in this marriage and will end it soon.

peridot786
Newly Registered

Post by peridot786 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:27 pm

yaz87 wrote:
Wrong time wrong desion

What does that mean?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:32 pm

peridot786 wrote:
Casa wrote:Have you met in person yet? You can of course go and live in Ireland, but bringing him to live with you in the UK is another matter, especially considering the fact that you are still married to someone else.
And the uk laws accept a live in relationship. Like the de facto or something in ireland.
Which UK laws are you thinking of?

UK immigration laws accept nothing less than 2 years of living akin to marriage (&, with depressing regularity, manage to split up regular married couples with genuine paperwork) so this needs cold, clinical planning.
Spur of the moment impulses don't sit well with migration routes into UK.

peridot786
Newly Registered

Post by peridot786 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi would really like is anyone have been or who is in my situation. And what will be the best way forward. As soon as I'm out of here. My first marriage will take about 3 months to end. And how do the de facto relationship work. Thankd

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:38 pm

peridot786 wrote:Hi would really like is anyone have been or who is in my situation. And what will be the best way forward. As soon as I'm out of here. My first marriage will take about 3 months to end. And how do the de facto relationship work. Thankd
You have been given the lowdown on the immigration side, the potential hurdles and timelines involved; these apply to both UK domestic & EU (SS) trajectories into UK.
For Ireland just buy a ticket.

For the rest, see marriage counselling &/or divorce lawyer, for that google is your friend.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:39 pm

I've never heard of a divorce in the UK only taking 3 months from start to decree absolute, even if both parties agree.
However, back to the immigration issue. As noajthan has already advised, a defacto or unmarried partnership requires 2 years of co-habitation in a relationship 'akin to marriage' in order to be considered as such for immigration purposes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

peridot786
Newly Registered

Post by peridot786 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:41 pm

noajthan wrote:
peridot786 wrote:
And the uk laws accept a live in relationship. Like the de facto or something in ireland.
Which UK laws are you thinking of?

UK immigration laws accept nothing less than 2 years of living akin to marriage (&, with depressing regularity, manage to split up regular married couples with genuine paperwork) so this needs cold, clinical planning.
Spur of the moment impulses don't sit well with migration routes into UK.

I accept that.. I will get married to him in about 3 months... will that make any difference? And help me. I have been in a very dominated marriage and want to end it. Even thou I was born and brought up in uk.. since getting married I was so much under my husband control that I don't even know what sort of rules and regulations there are in place. It's just now I made my mind up and am trying to get help... I was told ireland has different immigration rules than uk. I just want some sort of help as what the next step could be. Like the starting step

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:43 pm

If you're still married to your first husband, how are you going to re-marry in 3 months time? Also it may be far more complicated to marry an asylum seeker in Ireland than you think.
Also, although you are 2 years away from qualifying as de facto (unmarried partners), you should be aware of Ireland's immigration rules:
"For the sake of clarity, please note that applications from persons who are unlawfully present in the State and/or who are in the asylum/protection streams at the time of making the de facto application will not be accepted."
(Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Casa wrote:If you're still married to your first husband, how are you going to re-marry in 3 months time? Also it may be far more complicated to marry an asylum seeker in Ireland than you think.
Good point.

The motives of both parties will certainly be put under an intense spotlight.

http://humanrights.ie/gender-sexuality- ... nvenience/

peridot786
Newly Registered

Post by peridot786 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Casa wrote:I've never heard of a divorce in the UK only taking 3 months from start to decree absolute, even if both parties agree.
However, back to the immigration issue. As noajthan has already advised, a defacto or unmarried partnership requires 2 years of co-habitation in a relationship 'akin to marriage' in order to be considered as such for immigration purposes.

In our religion if a woman wants a divorce she will ask a islamic council and I heard within 3 months it happens. As I haven't been register married here in uk. I was married abroad... I just really want to know that If I go to ireland to live with my partner and is his asylum case is rejected can he still appeal until our marriage is done and then I start s case how ever time it takes for him. Hope u understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Casa wrote:If you're still married to your first husband, how are you going to re-marry in 3 months time? Also it may be far more complicated to marry an asylum seeker in Ireland than you think.
Also, although you are 2 years away from qualifying as de facto (unmarried partners), you should be aware of Ireland's immigration rules:
"For the sake of clarity, please note that applications from persons who are unlawfully present in the State and/or who are in the asylum/protection streams at the time of making the de facto application will not be accepted."
Reposted as edited with additional comment.
(Casa, not CR001)

peridot786
Newly Registered

Re: Asylum

Post by peridot786 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:29 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:What country are u from ?

What is ur current visa status ? Do u have any kind of visa or not ?

How did you entered to Ireland ?

How long r u living here ?

Are you working ?

And what are the bases of your Asylum ?

Hi I'm new here and don't know if I'm in the right place. But my question is. That I'm a British born and bred in uk. I got married 17 years ago to someone from pakistan... It was a ranged marriage I'm still living with him. But just for name sake. About 7 months ago I met a person on FB who lives in ireland. He's a asylum seeker... we got alot close always on the phone and video chatting and fb. Now is the stage that we can't live without each other.. I decided that I will leave everything and go there. But I wanted to know how I can live with him and apply to have him with me here either in uk or ireland. I don't mind where we live. As long as I live with him. Please help me. I'm so depressed and stressed all I want to know is by any chance if his asylum case is rejected can he still keep on appealing till we sort out our relationship

peridot786
Newly Registered

Post by peridot786 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi thanks for reply. I don't want to bring him to uk at moment. I'm planning to go there to live with him.. and after getting a divorce from my first husband. Get married to him asap... all I want to know in the meantime if his asylum case is rejected can he still appeal until our marriage is done and then we can apply for the right immigration process we need. Please u will save alot of my dying hopes if anyone knows how things usually work. Thank

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:36 pm

peridot786 wrote:

Hi thanks for reply. I don't want to bring him to uk at moment. I'm planning to go there to live with him.. and after getting a divorce from my first husband. Get married to him asap... all I want to know in the meantime if his asylum case is rejected can he still appeal until our marriage is done and then we can apply for the right immigration process we need. Please u will save alot of my dying hopes if anyone knows how things usually work. Thank
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:40 am

peridot786 wrote:
Casa wrote:I've never heard of a divorce in the UK only taking 3 months from start to decree absolute, even if both parties agree.

In our religion if a woman wants a divorce she will ask a islamic council and I heard within 3 months it happens. As I haven't been register married here in uk. I was married abroad... I just really want to know that If I go to ireland to live with my partner and is his asylum case is rejected can he still appeal until our marriage is done and then I start s case how ever time it takes for him. Hope u understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks
Did you use your overseas marriage for any UK immigration purposes/visas/citizenship etc.?

If you and your husband are domiciled and live in the UK, you should divorce in the UK for it to be accepted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peridot786
Newly Registered

Post by peridot786 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
peridot786 wrote:

Did you use your overseas marriage for any UK immigration purposes/visas/citizenship etc.?

If you and your husband are domiciled and live in the UK, you should divorce in the UK for it to be accepted.

Hi I sponsored my husband on a spousal visa from pakistan thne. And I need to get away from here b4 I can start divorce. As my family put pressure on me not to divorce. The only place I can go is ireland as I know people there. Here in the UK I have family all over the uk. I'm just being mental tortured and my family are not with ne. They say they will dis own me. I'm just so stuck

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:22 pm

You should divorce in the UK through the legal court system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peridot786
Newly Registered

Post by peridot786 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:38 pm

CR001 wrote:You should divorce in the UK through the legal court system.

Can I not move away from uk and start the proceedings as first as I was married in religious law I will be asking the islamic way first and see what happens. But like I said I won't be safe doing it here. I don't know where to start. I don't know any organisations who can help. I dont anything