ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculating residency - does a C type visa count?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lightyear
Newly Registered

Calculating residency - does a C type visa count?

Post by lightyear » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am

Hi Everyone,

My husband will be applying for naturalisation shortly. We entered his visa/residency stamps (combination of C type tourist visa and Stamp 4)on the residency calculator on the inis website and it seems that he was eligible to apply.

When we printed the application form, the section where you provide details of the residency permission does not have an option for C visa.

My question is does a C type visa count when calculating reckonable residency? It would mean the difference between applying now or in October.

Congratulations to those who received their certs yesterday and today and thanks in advance for your replies.

LY

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:16 am

No. Tourist visa does not entitle for citizenship time frame

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Calculating residency - does a C type visa count?

Post by banana07 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:13 am

Have you figured out that yet? It shows that C type is countable, but no precise information about it anywhere
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Calculating residency - does a C type visa count?

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:40 pm

The post you replied to is from 2011: it's likely that the OP has moved on and isn't paying attention to this forum anymore.

You might want to contact INIS to ask your question.
'If your query relates to citizenship you can contact the Citizenship helpline (within Ireland), 062 32500 or *LoCall 1890 252854 (Select Option 3 then Option 3) (from outside Ireland), + 353 62 32500. This helpline is available from 10.00am to 12.30pm each Tuesday and Thursday mornings, excluding Bank and Public Holidays'

Tomorrow is Thursday....

Don't forget to post back here and tell others what INIS told you!

PS: I don't think that tourist visas count.