ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you visit uk with stamp4eufam -surinder case?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alphagear
Member of Standing

Can you visit uk with stamp4eufam -surinder case?

Post by alphagear » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Thanks.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Re: Can you visit uk with stamp4eufam -surinder case?

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:13 am

Yeah you can travel to UK without the family permit if the residence card issued under "article 10 of the Directive" but when you admitted to the UK, you need to show them that you have the right of admission under EU law by showing your passports and marriage/ Birth certificate.

I am also taking SS route and now thinking to skip the FP and get in to the UK to apply for the EEA2 because I heard peoples are saying UKVI now just refusing the FP application so no point wasting the time with fP 8)
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:39 am

And you can apply for eea2 anytime once you return?

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:29 am

Better apply EEA2 Between six months from the entry, currently bit harder to get in to the UK, that's why everyone takes SS route and it makes easier than UK so you applied for the EU1 already? Got your stamp 4?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:15 pm

Yes got stamp 4.

Been here 6 months so far.

Waiting for decision next month.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:07 pm

ow good to hear that you have already got the temporary :) and you are here for 6 months but I am in a long wait for the stamp 4.. so you can just go to UK without the FP, What do you thinking? going to go after you received the Decision?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Guys,

Please be wary that its not that simple entering the UK on Art 10 Residence card if you are family member of a British national. So again the UK Govt gives lesser rights to the family members of a British Citizen as compared to the family of an EU Citizen who can simply pass through with no issues on their Residence card as long as they have the identification and relationship docs.

The official guidance that UK has adopted following the McCarthy ruling is correct only up to the extent of family members of other EU Citizens. However the British national's family will be subjected to additional scrutiny where they are supposed to prove their entitlement as a successful SS route applicant at the border including Centre of Life and all the rubbish.

Its Bulls**t but thats how it is, for now atleast, until they are taken to court again I guess.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/mccarthy_ruling

If you are in Ireland, I suggest you take the land/ferry route instead of flying in to avoid any possible issues. Its perfectly legal. Just apply for the residence card when you get back in to the Uk.

Follow the link for the guidance and Britcits quizzing all the way through.

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Well im waiting for the full card. By that i would be here 7 months.

Looking to stay here upto 10 months before returning.

Im sure 10 months is enough for centre of life of which 9 months working.

When are we suppose to apply for eea2.

Can we apply anytime after the return?

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:37 pm

What date you apply for the full card if you don't mind me asking?

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:41 pm

April 17th 2015.

We got stamp after 4 weeks.

Applied quickly cause wife only got 1 month stamp at entry.

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Thanks,

We applied on 9th March and the response was due by 9th Sep however still haven't heard from them. There are delays happening at the moment pushing cases past the 6 month deadline.

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Yeh ive heard that also. Not really worried about delay since im looking to stay longer.

My friend applied for entry visa in may and he still hasnt got a reply.

Ours took 8 weeks.

His over 4 months.

Im gonna apply for eea2 a year later after entering uk.

Theres no mention of a time limit so i dont see why not.

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:56 pm

The time limit is actually under the EU directive applicable on all EU countries to respond within the 6 months period from the date of application.

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Right i understand.

Also heard entry visas should be given in 4 weeks.

Seems like ireland has a serious backlog.

Dont see why they need to delay. All they are gonna do is ring or visit employer.

Just wanted to ask is there a specific time frame to apply when it comes to surinder or can we apply anytime once in the UK?

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:23 pm

I think its within 3 months of entering the UK. Similar to the time frame one has when entering Ireland or any other eu country requiring to apply for RC by the end of the 3-month period. May be it extends to 6 months if entered with a Family Permit.

However, I am not too sure exactly my friend, please double check.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:46 pm

nahmed wrote:Guys,

If you are in Ireland, I suggest you take the land/ferry route instead of flying in to avoid any possible issues. Its perfectly legal. Just apply for the residence card when you get back in to the Uk.

Follow the link for the guidance and Britcits quizzing all the way through.
Hi nahmed,

Yeah your right and thanks for sharing this with us.
I heard many people went to Belfast by route and from there they went by flight, when they arrived, there was no routine checks so do you think would it be okay?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Yes,

As Belfast is within UK so the flights to any other city are classed as internal hence no immigration checks. There might still be random checks, IDs need presenting and they can check further down the line if they wish. My point was simply to take that route to avoid any arguments with a Border Official who may decide to waste your time. Legally, you are ok to travel any route you like including flying in and I wasnt trying to promote any illegal movement.
Crossing by road from IE to NI, there is hardly any checking but as I said, you just travel with your docs like you would when flying in directly and present to the officer in the unlikely event of you getting stopped.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:27 am

You can also fly directly to other UK airports without any issue.
As long as the airline accepts to carry you from Dublin, no immigration checks when you get home. Irish flights are classed as domestic on arrival.

With regards to the time frame to apply its 3 months but as named said it can be extended to 6 if you hold family permit.

To be honest I will advise you get the family permit, if you read the thread of fp refusals it's kinda like the fault of the applicant. Once you can shown you have worked for more that 3 months by including payslip, ur work contract, and if ur wife works it makes ur case look good and that's kinda part of the centre of life cos you are both working and residing in the EU country.

Once you have been issued the fp it does make it ur eea application easier because you are already on the system, we are moving back this week. I will keep you posted once we send in my husbands eea application in the UK.

I worked for a yr in Dublin and my husband had a full time job for 7months. Centre of life checked lol.

Another thing we did was apply for the fp 3 months before our planned exit, so included return ticket for a short weekend to London. When we got the fp, we went to London and came back to Dublin and my husband also took several trips to London alone without me.

Thank God for Ryanair and cheap tickets.
Hope this helps

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:31 am

Thanks for sharing this adedayoh,

Can you please share us your experience about flying from Dublin, did they check your visa when you get in to the flight? or just an ID? Because some people were saying they went without any checks so I am wondering how did they get in to the flight! :roll:
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:53 pm

if you are a non eu national, even if you have no bags to check in. you have to go to the counter for visa check. that's what my husband and I did. they checked my husbands passports and stamped his boarding pass as they are not allowed to stamp his passport.

and the same was done when we were leaving London, his boarding pass to Dublin was stamped.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:45 pm

oh okay that is a valuable information adedayoh so you returned back to Ireland? Didn't apply for the EEA2 in UK?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:22 pm

We visited London for the summer even with my husbands temp stamp 4. He had the family permit also to enter the uk

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:51 am

Good to hear that :D anyway how long it took for you to get the UK family permit?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:42 am

hey,

my husband fp took a week and half
we included the following docs
mariage cert
certified copy of my passport
his passport
proof of both our employment
both our bank statement and return ticket

we know its not necesary to include all the extra docs but we did anyway to maximize our chance of getting the fp

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:54 pm

yeah adedayoh

you are right and that is actually good for us if we provide extra documents to get more chances on getting the visa, and seems you got the visa in 10 days, sounds good :oops: still some people saying FP taking about 4 weeks! may be you lucky! by the way do we have to provide our GNIB card as well? and how long after you applied for the UK Family permit?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun