ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

centre of life test

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

centre of life test

Post by robsters » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:15 am

how would we prove our centre of life test for the eea family permit application? we plan to apply this week even though my wife stil on a temp card, we plan to include photos, tickets to events, but i was wondering would receipts, doctor receipts and appointments for my wifes on going pregnancy would that help or hinder the eea family permit? and would it help for the centre of life test

any help on this would be great

thank you
p.s do post cards from friends abroad help to prove centre of life and proof of address as well?

adedayoh

Re: centre of life test

Post by adedayoh » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:10 pm

Robster u don't need all that for the permit
Ur marriage cert n proof of ur employment will do. Centre of life test is only required once u have moved bk to the UK n want to apply for 5yrs permit.
Eea family permit is basically just a visiting visa that allows ur wife enter the UK

When my husband applied last month I included my payslip as proof that am exercising my treaty n a copy of tax certificate as proof address n marriage cert. Most of the questions on the form u write na cos u don't have to answer.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:55 pm

adedayoh wrote:Robster u don't need all that for the permit
Ur marriage cert n proof of ur employment will do. Centre of life test is only required once u have moved bk to the UK n want to apply for 5yrs permit.
Eea family permit is basically just a visiting visa that allows ur wife enter the UK

When my husband applied last month I included my payslip as proof that am exercising my treaty n a copy of tax certificate as proof address n marriage cert. Most of the questions on the form u write na cos u don't have to answer.
thats great , thank you for the help and advise this is good news as we want to get back to uk asap really , how quickly can the permit come through i heard 2 weeks and how soon once you entered the uk do you have to apply for the residence card, my wife still on a temp stamp 4 is it ok to still apply for family permit as we been here 6 months already....do they simply post the full 5 year one? we were told my wife would get the full card on sep 26th

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:20 pm

my husbands permit came in two weeks but i included return ticket to london in the application so they sent back the passport 5days before we were due to fly out.

but it usually takes btw 2 -3 weeks anyway.

you can apply for the resident card as soon as possible as long as u have all the relevant document.