ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified Copies for Naturalisation Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coketero

Certified Copies for Naturalisation Application

Post by coketero » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:54 pm

I am about to apply for naturalisation in a few days and noticed that the form mentions the following

"All copies should be certified to be true
copies of original documents by a notary public, commissioner for oaths, peace commissioner or solicitor "

I am a bit confused as I have read in some posts that people are able to get the certified copies from local garda stations, do I really need to go a notary/solicitor to certify those copies or can I do it in my local garda station? Also, if a solicitor is required, does anyone can provide an estimate of the cost?

Thanks in advance.

SelectMe

Re: Certified Copies for Naturalisation Application

Post by SelectMe » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:15 pm

Do exactly what it says on form.
Would you dare loosing 175Euro for one application, cos someone said on public forum that its ok to send Garda certified copies which are free instead certified copies from Solicitor/oat Peach comm, which might costs you around 25- 50 euros, depends. minister may refuse your application if you dnt follow what it says on form.

To have Irish citizenship is great privilege and benefits are huge. and you need to pay for it, if you want it.
Get ready for next few months spend spend spend on whole application process. Application fees costs + photographs costs+ regd post cost+ solicitor fees, if you get approval, another 950 euro+ again photographs + again posts cots + apply for passport costs + posts costs ++++++...

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:27 am

Contact Peace Commissioners - their service is free. You will get the details from your local Garda station >> http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/ju ... oners.html

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 am

Well, we pay every year 4 hundred euros on GNIB card + Re-Entry + Photos and we are still glad to get the visa BUT when its the last time spending and u r free for the rest of ur life, it's not a big deal to pay another few hundred quids.

Look at the long term prospective, don't worry about the few hundreds, it's well deserved.....

Klerik
Newly Registered

Post by Klerik » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:59 pm

I got my docs certified by Garda officer for free and my application is now in 2nd stage. Waiting for approval letter..

So do not worry, Garda should be fine. You can double check with solicitor who will sign your application.
I have paid 10 euro for solicitor fee.