ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Jobs/Location while Naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johnnieboy

Changing Jobs/Location while Naturalization

Post by johnnieboy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi all,

I received my first acknowledgement letter today, and the letter stated that I would need to inform INIS in the case of change in address or employment. My current employer is asking me to work in our US office, and I will get paid in the US. I basically stay in the same company but just moving locations. I plan to keep my apartment and continue the process, but i'm wondering if the change of jobs is something they can find out (in the unlikely scenario they see I stop paying taxes ect)

That said, I plan in good faith to continue residing in Ireland... but this is a company request.
I don't really think this can be an issue, but just love to hear another opinion who may had similar issue.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Changing Jobs/Location while Naturalization

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:20 am

Technically, if u r not residing in the country and paying taxes some where else, your application would be refused straight ahead. You have 2 options:

Option 1: Stay in the country until you become an irish citizen.

Option 2: Don't tell them at all, you have already sent ur pay slips and job letter with your application and i don't think they will ask for them again. Make sure some one is at ur apartment to receive the post in case they are looking for something else or the brown envelop with approval;l in it :)

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:53 am

Thank you very much.

I don't have much of a choice you see... It's the only job I have.

I will go for option 2, and I'm avoiding for now claiming taxes ect (for not working full year)
From what I understood, they only judge the information at the time of the application so providing them with the recent payslip, letter from employer might be enough. I just wanted to see how much concerns should I have knowing that I will have to leave before getting the approval letter....

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:07 am

dont they contact your employer anyway to double check if documents are correct? or at least revenue does report that there is no PRSI etc etc being paid for last x months or they just report if you accessed dole or not?
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:56 am

Hi banana07

Thanks for getting back to me.
From what I understand, These departments don't really talk to each other (revenue and INIS)

Also, from what my employer told me, they never get inquiries on other employees who applied before, so its the first time I heard they actually contact the employer. I understood that most of the "checks" they carry out at the processing time are related to reviewing Garda records and checking that you have reckonable residency. Of course they also review the documents you provided, but I think they only look at the information at the time of the application.

Any thoughts? Would really love to know how concerned should I be about this.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:14 am

No, the do not really bother, but if they notice any suspicious paper (ie unknown employer, gaps in work, social welfare etc ) they will check with that employer to validate. seems your employer is well known, so highly unlikely for inis to invalidate such document.. they only worry about fake papers and letter (unkonwn and small companies are counted as low rated so they double check)

for revenue and from my experience, they do not know your status until you get the p45 or end of the year.. so for now, do NOT demand that paper or they will put in the response to inis that you are not employed yet...

no communications really , but silly paper may go t*ts up and against you..
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi Again, and thank you both for the info.

Sorry for coming back on this one, but I'm really trying to do my research right and this is the first time I hear that INIS actually reviews info from revenue.

When every employee leaves, the company informs the necessary tax and social security authorities about the leave. Does that information gets to INIS via Revenue? You said that I shouldn't be asking for the P45 but this is sent about 6 weeks following your transfer/exit date. A P45, Irish Revenue form, is issued to all employees when they leave employment. The P60 is the form you get at the end of the year, which you can then claim back the taxes, something I'm not going to do until I get the approval.

I guess I go back to asking - can INIS see that my employment has ceased?

Thank you!