ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship and Irish re entry visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Beachboy

Citizenship and Irish re entry visa

Post by Beachboy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Hello,

Can we get a re entry visa on our non Irish passport once we get the certificate of naturalization?

Thanks

amison79

Re: Citizenship and Irish re entry visa

Post by amison79 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:17 pm

@beachboy

yes u can get re-entry visa under emergency situations. i have also read somwhere on this forum that, u dont even need a re-entry visa once u have naturalization certificate.

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:11 am

you cant apply for a re-entry visa without your GNIB card.
Cert of Naturalisation would let you enter Ireland but would not let you fly from any airport to Ireland.
There is an emergency passport which you can apply to, but you need a really strong reason.
I dont remember if it was you or someone else who mentioned it but you could get a stamp6 and get a re-entry visa or a GNIB card that can be used instead of a visa... i hope that helps :)

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:03 am

The issue with stamp 6 is that you need an appointment for that and I won't be able to get one as I need to travel shortly after getting the Naturalisation cert.

I heard somewhere that we can get a re entry visa only by Showing the Naturalisation cert to INIS and wanted to see if someone did the same here.

Thanks!

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:49 am

@Bebo regarding the "you can not leave Ireland with a NO-GNIB Card/Expired Re-entry visa".. where did you hear that? Im here 5 years now and never been asked about my re-entry visa or GNIB when leaving any Irish port (apparently, its happy days for them when an immigrant leaves), however, to enter Ireland, couriers always check re-entry visa (but not GNIB) and at port of entry (ie airport) once they see the re-entry visa, they demand to see the GNIB card (just glance it for a millisecond) and before stamping your passport, they give you a dirty look (the irish way of welcoming non EEA ppl) and let you go..

am I missing something here? please correct me if you find anything wrong/missing in the normal procedure of entering and leaving Ireland
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia