ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship application and new job offer

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

badr-amiche

citizenship application and new job offer

Post by badr-amiche » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:22 pm

Hello guy. Just a quick question about irish naturalisation and possibilities of working in North ireland. Oky my question is... I am thinking to apply for irish citizenship next 2 months but I got a very good job offer which I was waiting for it long time from a company based in north (about 1 mile from the border) it's actually a group of factories few of them in South and few in north ( all beside each other and the border line in middle of them) I am currently working in the south so if I will change my job will my citizenship application be effected??

okdokie

Re: citizenship application and new job offer

Post by okdokie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Well I am not an expert. But I dont think so it should effect. Depends on your home address, your revenue records and the effect of your job change on your revenue. I have seen few people applying from North as well for Irish citizenship..

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:14 pm

okdokie wrote:Well I am not an expert. But I dont think so it should effect. Depends on your home address, your revenue records and the effect of your job change on your revenue. I have seen few people applying from North as well for Irish citizenship..

This was exactly the topic we talked about in another thread that i started few days ago...
It's an interesting one. All depends on where your company is registered i guess, if not in Ireland, than I'd recommend you stay in your company until you apply (to have your company approving you worked there for 5 years). If you move before, and applying without that letter and recent payslips, you will be risking it.

Our discussion few days ago was about what happens while your application is processed, and how much revenue are reporting to INIS if they see you are not in employment. I think the general rule of thumb is - stay as much as you can.

I totally understand you though. It's a career opportunity etc etc... I'm in the same boat, but would just try to extend as much as possible, and don't make any big changes until you apply. after that? not 100% clear.

banana07 - have i missed anything? :-)

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 pm

haha johnnieboy! spot on!

stay where you are as long as possible, unless you able to juggle cross-border (which is easy compared to trans-atlantic jobs!)
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:03 am

Thank you guys for the quick reply. I will try to talk to the manager and tell my story even I know job wont wait for me until get the citizenship.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:23 am

Guys I am not sure but as far as I remember that someone had a post asking if possible to apply for citizenship and this person was living in northern ireland and the wife was irish so I suppose this person is working in the north of ireland and his employer is based in north and the answer was yes that he or she can apply for citizenship. Can someone correct me if I am wrong

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:10 pm

badr-amiche wrote:Guys I am not sure but as far as I remember that someone had a post asking if possible to apply for citizenship and this person was living in northern ireland and the wife was irish so I suppose this person is working in the north of ireland and his employer is based in north and the answer was yes that he or she can apply for citizenship. Can someone correct me if I am wrong
Yes, it's possible for the spouse of an Irish citizen in Northern Ireland (NI) to apply for Irish citizenship after 3 years in NI. I'm not sure if this is related to your case as you have to be a spouse of an Irish citizen for this to work in NI. Of course, it also works for the children of an Irish or British citizen, as well as for those who are settled in NI (i.e. non-Irish/non-British citizens who have PR in NI (which is politically part of the UK)). These are the only circumstances in which a person in NI can get Irish citizenship. I don't think it would work if you are applying on the 5 year route (in Ireland).

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Allright. Thx for the reply