ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship through decent question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NewUsername
Newly Registered

Citizenship through decent question

Post by NewUsername » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:42 pm

I am trying to work out if I am eligible to register as an Irish National through decent or not or not. My Great-Grandmother was from Dublin although she moved to England just before the Irish Free State was founded in 1922 where my Grandmother was born also before the Irish Free State. As they were living in England though at the time neither of them were registered as Irish Citizens when the Irish Free State was founded. My Great-Great-Grandfather however was a resident of the Irish Free State in 1922 and therefore was registered as an Irish Citizen.

Because none of us have lived in Ireland since then to my knowledge neither my myself, mother or Grandmother were on the Foreign Birth Registers so I was wondering if I am still eligible to register for Irish Nationality through Decent.

Cheers to anyone who knows.

sweetbeatrice
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship through decent question

Post by sweetbeatrice » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:23 pm

I think you're out for the FBR - it is dependent on the grandparent being born in Ireland. It sounds like your grandparents were born in England.