ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker Dec 2012

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

exam

Post by exam » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:57 am

Soco wrote:Hi guys,

I appied for LTR on 16 of Feb 2012. Just got a letter asking for ;
1. Headed paper for current emplyer confirming that i am still in employment.
2. copy of current contract of employment!

I was on work permit (1 year) ; hosting agreemnt (4 years); and now stamp 4 .
its state in the letter that requierment of the LRT that applicant be in current employment under work permit/ work authorisation/ working visa condition.

I don't know what will be my situation in May I was redundent and then got new emplyment in med of July.

I am I still eligible for LRT or not????

I will send what they request any way ans see their replay?

Regards

Soco
All i can say is that ...You are very close to get the LTR, just send them what they asked for and wait for 4-6 weeks

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:18 pm

No gifts for us from minister of justice over this x mas.

dania

Re: CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

Post by dania » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:50 pm

seraph wrote:Thu, December 13, 2012
Deputy Niall Collins asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the measures he is putting in place to ensure transparency and fairness in the application process for citizenship following the recent Supreme Court decision (details supplied) quashing a decision to refuse citizenship on the grounds that he had failed to give reasons; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Deputy Niall Collins asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the citizenship applications that have been rejected by him without explanations being given; if these cases are under review in view of the recent Supreme Court decision (details supplied) quashing a decision to refuse citizenship on the grounds that he had failed to give reasons; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Deputy Clare Daly asked the Minister for Justice and Equality his plans to review cases similar to Mallak v the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, following the decision of the Supreme Court in relation to the lack of transparency and fairness in the process of applying for Irish citizenship.

Deputy Clare Daly asked the Minister for Justice and Equality his plans to progress with the introduction of an independent review mechanism for those whose applications for Irish citizenship were turned down, following the highlighting of the lack of transparency and fairness in the process by the Supreme Court Mallak v the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform.

Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): I propose to take Questions Nos. 127, 128, 135 and 136 together.

The implications of the judgement of the Supreme Court referred to by the Deputies are being considered in consultation with the Office of the Attorney General and any revised procedures arising will be implemented without delay. The Deputies should note that although the Supreme Court in its judgement quashed the Minister’s decision to refuse the application in this particular case, it went on to say that it is not for the Court to prescribe whether the Minister will give notice of his concerns to the applicant or to disclose information on which they may be based or whether the Minister will continue to refuse to disclose reasons for the refusal but to provide justification for so doing. In the particular case it is open to the applicant to lodge a new application.

Section 15 of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, as amended, provides that the Minister may, in his absolute discretion, grant an application for a certificate of naturalisation provided certain statutory conditions are fulfilled. The conditions include lawful residence, being of good character and having an intention to continue to reside in the State after naturalisation.

All applications for naturalisation are submitted to me for decision. I make my decision in my absolute discretion based on the entirety of the case presented and taking into account other important considerations which I as Minister have a duty to uphold such as the integrity of the immigration system, the economic and security interests of the State and its international relations.

It is open to any individual who is not satisfied with a decision to deem their application ineligible or a decision to refuse citizenship to lodge a new application for citizenship at any time in accordance with the provisions of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956 as amended.

To put the matter into context, since coming into office I have made decisions on over 37,200 applications of which 34,100 were approved. A total of 3,100 were deemed ineligible or were rejected because they did not comply with the statutory criteria. Only a very small number of applications that were refused fall within the consideration of the judgement in question.
hello happy Christmas to everybody and can u please tell from where you got this question answer information thanks

dania

Post by dania » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:01 pm

robby1 wrote:No gifts for us from minister of justice over this x mas.
i contacted them last week and there was a lady there she told me that there is a huge backlog there and they r getting about 13000 applications every year and it is very hard to deal with this backlog but they r trying there best,she told me that minister is not saying right that it will take six months now and minister should not be saying like this,so from the way she was talking I realised that staff working there don't care about minister what he is saying they will continue to work like the way they work and you know how they work .i was shocked to hear that so every thing is lie and only political statements from minister,they r gone slow again like they were before and this is the reality .

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:05 pm

dania wrote:hello happy Christmas to everybody and can u please tell from where you got this question answer information thanks
Hello Dania,

This is the link where you can get all the political information including citizenship/naturalisation questions and answers directly from the minister.

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/ ... &year=2012
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:33 pm

dania wrote:
robby1 wrote:No gifts for us from minister of justice over this x mas.
i contacted them last week and there was a lady there she told me that there is a huge backlog there and they r getting about 13000 applications every year and it is very hard to deal with this backlog but they r trying there best,she told me that minister is not saying right that it will take six months now and minister should not be saying like this,so from the way she was talking I realised that staff working there don't care about minister what he is saying they will continue to work like the way they work and you know how they work .i was shocked to hear that so every thing is lie and only political statements from minister,they r gone slow again like they were before and this is the reality .
Well if they receive 13000 every year, then they are definitely on the good way. I was trying to find out how many applications they receive per day/month/year. If it's 13000, then look at this:

Minister said that there 22000 applications waiting for decision when he took over in March 2011. Since March 2011, number of new applications will be 9000 (March 2011 - December 2011) + 13000 (jan 2012 - December 2012)= 22000. Then 22000+22000=44000 applications during the time when Alan Shatter was there. How many did he approve? In this speech from December ceremony it was 37000. 44000 - 37000=7000. There's a backlog of 7000, which can easily be cleared in 2 ceremonies till April.

So if that number is correct, 13000, then train is really moving. Is there anyone out there who knows how many applications they receive per day? That number might give us a precise idea about what is happening in INIS

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Most of the applications processed out of 37000 were from 2008,2009and 2010. :(

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:54 pm

robby1 wrote:Most of the applications processed out of 37000 were from 2008,2009and 2010. :(
Actually it should not matter according to math calculation. 37000 > 22000 and if 13000 is really "the number of applications per year", then there's for sure approvals from 2011 and 2012. My guess is 22000+13000=35000, there should not be anything left from 2008,2009,2010 and 2011. BUt apparently, there is still some from those years. That's because there are some approvals from 2012.

If we can find out number of applications per day/month/year, we can calculate everything. Of course I assume that number is correct

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:57 am

They received 18000 applications in 2011, minister mentioned in his statement in april this year,we wish all backlog be over in next 4 months, pray to GOD to ALLAH

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 am

Ok this is the information I guess everyone is waiting to see. It took me an enormous amount of time to research and bring these information together just for all of you.

This information is 100% accurate, and an answered queries from the Minister of Justice and Equality himself.

From 2008 - 2011 Approximately 92,000 applications were received - 56,000 were deemed invalid.

In 2010 - 12,500 applications were received

in 2011 - 18,500 applications were received

In 2012 - the number is not yet out, but it is supposedly proven to be up to 20,000 since there has always been an increase
on a yearly basis

In March 2011 when the Minister came into office - 22,000 applications awaiting for decision

In June 2012 - 18,000 applications currently in process

Currently In 2012 - More than 37,000 Decisions were made since March 2011

Calculations
It is expected that up to 20,000 Applications being received this 2012.
18,500 + 20,000 + 22,000 = 60,500
(18,500 = 2011) + (20,000 = 2012) + (22,000 = Backlog 2011)

60,500 - 4,000 = 56,500 (4,000 - Few Application made from Jan to March 2011 before he can into office)

56,500 - 37,000 = 19,500 currently in process

Note: The calculations in not accurate as it is presumed

dania

Post by dania » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:59 pm

robby1 wrote:They received 18000 applications in 2011, minister mentioned in his statement in april this year,we wish all backlog be over in next 4 months, pray to GOD to ALLAH
hello everyone actually there is misunderstanding between the staff at inis and minister as they told me there is still a huge backlog and minister should not be saying that it can be cleared in six months time as it seems impossible ,so i assume from her saying that they r telling true and there is still a huge backlog as i am waiting since 2010 and some of the people and friends i know r waiting since 2009 annd 2010.actually this is the way they work in offices and every where they r very lazy and they dont want to change their irish atitude so there is no hope, minister can say whatever he wish to say nothing will change ,they cant fire them because of there unions and job contracts they have to pay them big salaries for doing nothing and drinking tea in the offices, the system need to be change.i told them the main guarda report only takes two weeks and i am waiting since early 2010 for that report so she told me there is huge backlog and they r doing there best ,it is complete joke ,no wonder people r leaving this country every day for better future,because of there laziness, corruption,ignorance,incompetence etc they r here today that they have to pay huge money back to european bank with interest and we pepole and immigrants r the one which would be helping paying back that money ,this country is finished trust me ,there is no future for our childrens in this country. :cry:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:24 pm

dania wrote:
robby1 wrote:They received 18000 applications in 2011, minister mentioned in his statement in april this year,we wish all backlog be over in next 4 months, pray to GOD to ALLAH
hello everyone actually there is misunderstanding between the staff at inis and minister as they told me there is still a huge backlog and minister should not be saying that it can be cleared in six months time as it seems impossible ,so i assume from her saying that they r telling true and there is still a huge backlog as i am waiting since 2010 and some of the people and friends i know r waiting since 2009 annd 2010.actually this is the way they work in offices and every where they r very lazy and they dont want to change their irish atitude so there is no hope, minister can say whatever he wish to say nothing will change ,they cant fire them because of there unions and job contracts they have to pay them big salaries for doing nothing and drinking tea in the offices, the system need to be change.i told them the main guarda report only takes two weeks and i am waiting since early 2010 for that report so she told me there is huge backlog and they r doing there best ,it is complete joke ,no wonder people r leaving this country every day for better future,because of there laziness, corruption,ignorance,incompetence etc they r here today that they have to pay huge money back to european bank with interest and we pepole and immigrants r the one which would be helping paying back that money ,this country is finished trust me ,there is no future for our childrens in this country. :cry:
Your comment = Rage!

Did you read my last comment? There is still a backlog but not as huge anymore.

People that applied before March 2011 have the worst luck. People that applied after 2011 have better luck and people that will apply after 2013 will have the best luck as there wont be any backlog then if this Minister is still in office.

From 2014, the decision process will presumably take between 3-6 months unless in complex cases

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:14 pm

It's a year and half for me and more as I my application was sent to me asking for few documents , I've been here since the age of 12 and I am finishing college soon and have no clue what to do with my future which is causing mental stress !!!

dublinkhan
Newly Registered

hi all

Post by dublinkhan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 am

is anyone gat approval for 2013 ceremony

dania

Re: hi all

Post by dania » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:00 pm

dublinkhan wrote:is anyone gat approval for 2013 ceremony
hello khan they told me they have not decided yet about next ceremony at the moment they r enjoying their holidays after such a hard work so give them some time to get back to work :lol:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

dublinkhan
Newly Registered

hi

Post by dublinkhan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Mod Edit: continue here

thanks ur replay