ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:20 pm

[quote="sixblackbeans"]Hi all. I applied Dec. 2011 and haven't heard anything yet.[/quote]

Dot worry we are in the same boat. I applied in Dec 2011 as well. I spoke to them last week and was told waiting for outside report since April.

Welcome to Ireland.

dub007

Post by dub007 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Please anyone can tell me the next year Feb cerm Date???

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:00 pm

dub007 wrote:Please anyone can tell me the next year Feb cerm Date???
Try contacting INIS (citizenshipinfo@justice.ie) only those guys can have a date if they have planned a ceremony in feb 2013 at all :?

or else only GOD knows best ... because its only INIS or GOD who decides as to who will get citizenship and when.. because there is no sense of chronological or logical order to the approval...it seems its all based on luck/good deeds/prayers ( remember ireland is a catholic country and everything is GOD's will ) March 2012 applicants will get their narutalization cert on Dec 13 and guys like us who have applied in 2010-2011 will just wait and wonder when is the next ceremony ??? what is its date ??? will I be invited ???....

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:09 pm

This waiting is a Killer ...

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:42 am

it kills us every day..

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:54 am

I received a letter from the further processing team , is this any good news ?

Immigrant43
BANNED

Post by Immigrant43 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Oh Good God Irish Naturalisation has put a very good effective immigration processing policy in place, well done!!!

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:36 pm

[quote="moro1"]I received a letter from the further processing team , is this any good news ?[/quote]

What does the letter say?

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:45 pm

blessed_sinner wrote:
moro1 wrote:I received a letter from the further processing team , is this any good news ?
What does the letter say?
that my application is under process , there is a name of an immigration officer, and under it it says further processing team . If I call them should I ask to speak to that officer ?

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Join the club folks. I applied in early 2011, and still no joy!!

And all i hear from INIS is: we are waiting for garda report. Id say i must have one hell of a report that is taking them so long.

Im losing my faith slowly to be honest.

dania

Post by dania » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:57 pm

CitationCj2 wrote:Join the club folks. I applied in early 2011, and still no joy!!

And all i hear from INIS is: we are waiting for garda report. Id say i must have one hell of a report that is taking them so long.

please dont loose ur hope if u want ur approval quickly then start claiming social dont ever work and claim as many state benefits as u can .because this is my experience that people who r working and paying taxes r the people who r waiting long , most of the people on this forum will agree with me as this is unfair but this is the reality and this is happening. :cry:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:28 am

Got instant reply of my email from citizenship office its states:

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minster for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay. As well as being a
significant event in the life of the recipient, the granting of Irish
citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major
step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only
within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that
appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the
proc[/size]ess.
[/b]
[/size]

The typical reply , does that mean they are witing for garda report etc?

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:35 am

dania wrote:
CitationCj2 wrote:Join the club folks. I applied in early 2011, and still no joy!!

please dont loose ur hope if u want ur approval quickly then start claiming social dont ever work and claim as many state benefits as u can .because this is my experience that people who r working and paying taxes r the people who r waiting long , most of the people on this forum will agree with me as this is unfair but this is the reality and this is happening. :cry:
That's very true I agree, you need to quite your job & start taking state benefits & your application will be approved in no time!

I honestly cannot understand why the INIS is punishing the people who work and pay taxes and why some who dont work and claim social benefits get their applications approved ..I personally know someone who has never worked and is having child benefit, social welfare and applied in March 2012 and is going to get his naturalization cert this Dec 13th. :roll:

I really don't know what is the sin of the people like me who work and pay taxes (I pay almost 17.5k/year just in Tax and PRSI and USC extra) have applied in early 2011 , dont have any traffic offence or any such thing are just waiting ???????????????????????

I am seriously fed-up of this system . I am leaving Ireland anyway in the next year, got a job in USA the land of liberty and equality

eugenei
Newly Registered

Post by eugenei » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Lucky you folks. I'm waiting 2 years and not complaining.
waiting2beirish wrote:
dania wrote:

That's very true I agree, you need to quite your job & start taking state benefits & your application will be approved in no time!

I honestly cannot understand why the INIS is punishing the people who work and pay taxes and why some who dont work and claim social benefits get their applications approved ..I personally know someone who has never worked and is having child benefit, social welfare and applied in March 2012 and is going to get his naturalization cert this Dec 13th. :roll:

I really don't know what is the sin of the people like me who work and pay taxes (I pay almost 17.5k/year just in Tax and PRSI and USC extra) have applied in early 2011 , dont have any traffic offence or any such thing are just waiting ???????????????????????

I am seriously fed-up of this system . I am leaving Ireland anyway in the next year, got a job in USA the land of liberty and equality

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:22 am

waiting2beirish wrote:I honestly cannot understand why the INIS is punishing the people who work and pay taxes
Perhaps this is why..
waiting2beirish wrote:I am seriously fed-up of this system . I am leaving Ireland anyway in the next year
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:59 pm

Ben wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:I honestly cannot understand why the INIS is punishing the people who work and pay taxes
Perhaps this is why..
waiting2beirish wrote:I am seriously fed-up of this system . I am leaving Ireland anyway in the next year
@Ben
You are a genius , thanks for highlighting the answer for my perplexing question!

I believe every tax paying/working person will leave this country once they get their citizenship, & those who want to leave this country have a good news as USA is going to approve E3 visa for Irish nationals very soon .

actonye
Newly Registered

citizenship issues

Post by actonye » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm

dania wrote:

hi dania,
haven't been on here for ages, i mean what is the point?
you were asking why i got my application refused?
well i got refused beacuse there was a break in the last year of my gnib stamps by 14 days. it was completely out of my control as my embassy could not issue new passports for me to renew mine when it expired. i went down to the gnib office in dublin, explained it all, and they even got me to register on their system. However when i finally got my pasport and i went back to them, they refused to back date same, so i was stuck with 19 days of a break in my passport. Even though i wrote a letter explaining the entire situation with my application, it took them 10 months to reject the application on those grounds, so i had to re-apply, back at square 1. real sad state of affairs in this country.

actonye
Newly Registered

citizenship issues

Post by actonye » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:26 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:
dania wrote:

waiting to be irish, i can feel ur pain and frustration, it's only a matter of time my friend.
just like u i really want to be out of here, but after all our hard work and taxes paid, we have no choice really. We are unfortunately at the mercy of those people who work at the citizenship office, all we can do is continue to pray, work hard and find joy in whatever u do, at least we have this forum to vent. imagine we didn't have this outlet????

waiting2beirish

Re: citizenship issues

Post by waiting2beirish » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:29 pm

actonye wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:
dania wrote:

waiting to be irish, i can feel ur pain and frustration, it's only a matter of time my friend.
just like u i really want to be out of here, but after all our hard work and taxes paid, we have no choice really. We are unfortunately at the mercy of those people who work at the citizenship office, all we can do is continue to pray, work hard and find joy in whatever u do, at least we have this forum to vent. imagine we didn't have this outlet????
Thanks actonye, this forum helps in many ways it lets you know that you are not alone....with all this pain, anger and frustration. I hope our applications are approved for the 1st ceremony next year and can get out of here in the year 2013 .

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:58 am

Applied in December 2011, Got my acknowledgement 2 days later.

Got a letter from them in September saying we have reached the second stage in the application process and we should get a reply within 6 months and we should be patient and try not to contact INIS until this period is over.

Still waiting and hoping for something before February 2013...

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:58 am

I called them today and I got through to a REALLY long answer machine which eventually asked me to ''record a message after the tone''.. so frustrated. Anyone else get that?

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Angel592 wrote:I called them today and I got through to a REALLY long answer machine which eventually asked me to ''record a message after the tone''.. so frustrated. Anyone else get that?
That's their new way of avoiding our questions. Keep trying and you'll get though. I called them yesterday and it went through after a really really long time. Same answer though, waiting for outside sources and garda reports

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Angel592 wrote:I called them today and I got through to a REALLY long answer machine which eventually asked me to ''record a message after the tone''.. so frustrated. Anyone else get that?
you havent gotten through to them. You only got through to the voice message. No one will call you back. You need to keep trying until you actually get to one of the support staffs.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:35 pm

minniepoe wrote:
you havent gotten through to them. You only got through to the voice message. No one will call you back. You need to keep trying until you actually get to one of the support staffs.
The trick: call their number, the moment you hear the recorded message hang up & redial repeat this process several times (it takes 80-100 tries) & walla you can speak to someone who will give you a standard reply: waiting for outside agency or Garda report .

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:12 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:
minniepoe wrote:
The trick: call their number, the moment you hear the recorded message hang up & redial repeat this process several times (it takes 80-100 tries) & walla you can speak to someone who will give you a standard reply: waiting for outside agency or Garda report .
That's really irritating. I don't understand what's taking them so long. I've been here since I was like 5 or 6 years old. Why can't they treat as fast as they treat minor applications.. I applied when I was 19, I'm sure there's not much to look into anyway!