ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

concerned about visa validation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khusnulina
Newly Registered

concerned about visa validation

Post by khusnulina » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi everyone,
I received a "Family member of EU citizen" visa (short stay) some days ago and I'm not sure about Its validation.
My passport was stamped with the visa, and Its validation is from March 11 to June 11.
I planned to go to Ireland on May 25, 20 days before visa expiration.
My concern is the following: Will immigration office give me 30,60 or 90 days for stay? even though entering the state, the visa will be close to expire?
Thanks

lordvon
Newly Registered

Re: concerned about visa validation

Post by lordvon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:32 pm

khusnulina wrote:Hi everyone,
I received a "Family member of EU citizen" visa (short stay) some days ago and I'm not sure about Its validation.
My passport was stamped with the visa, and Its validation is from March 11 to June 11.
My concern is the following: Will immigration office give me 30,60 or 90 days for stay? even though entering the state, the visa will be close to expire?
Thanks
your visa is only give you an entry to the country , immigration officer will decide on how long , maximum usually is 90 days or 3 months , since you are saying you your visa family member EU national you can apply for GNIB EUfam once you are here already . you need to go to immigration office or nearest Garda station to stamp your passport if u want to stay more than 3 months here in Ireland

khusnulina
Newly Registered

Re: concerned about visa validation

Post by khusnulina » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:49 pm

lordvon wrote:
khusnulina wrote:Hi everyone,
Thanks
your visa is only give you an entry to the country , immigration officer will decide on how long , maximum usually is 90 days or 3 months , since you are saying you your visa family member EU national you can apply for GNIB EUfam once you are here already . you need to go to immigration office or nearest Garda station to stamp your passport if u want to stay more than 3 months here in Ireland
Thanks a lot for your response!
Yes, We'll do that, but in order to complete the Residence card form, we'll have to open a bank account there and deposit our money. In the form says it is mandatory to present evidence of financial resources and also a letter from the private medical insurance provider. I just wanted to be sure we have enough time to do it quietly. If we have 90 days would be great!