ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

current timeline for approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ulishak
Newly Registered

current timeline for approval

Post by ulishak » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi there!

I wonder what is the current waiting time for the different stages of naturalization. My husband sent an application at the end of December last year, got an aknowledgment letter in mid-January and since then silence. I would add that it has not committed any crime, except for one speeding offense (the mandate has been paid).
All my naturalization process lasted only 3 and a half months from the date of sending the application, after receiving approval letter. I know that each application is considered individually, but wonders me is the fact that my husband still did not get the second stage letter. any ideas?

KingdomMan

Re: current timeline for approval

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:16 pm

ulishak wrote:Hi there!

I wonder what is the current waiting time for the different stages of naturalization. My husband sent an application at the end of December last year, got an aknowledgment letter in mid-January and since then silence. I would add that it has not committed any crime, except for one speeding offense (the mandate has been paid).
All my naturalization process lasted only 3 and a half months from the date of sending the application, after receiving approval letter. I know that each application is considered individually, but wonders me is the fact that my husband still did not get the second stage letter. any ideas?
Simple time line that always work : (Following is for normal 5 years cases : Spouses of Irish subjects get it quicker than rest but not ALWAYS )

First letter / acknowledgement = 3 days to 2 weeks maximum . ( usually 1 week )

Second Stage Letter = 4 week to 8 weeks ( usually 6 weeks ) Will increase by a few days if they asked for anything .

Now is the stress stage : Approval letter

Look at date of your second stage letter ... Add 3 months 25 Days . ( Give or take 5 days ) You should have an approval letter . If not you been naughty somewhere .

in the waiting time simply email them if you are not sure about how is your application progressing .

The above include

Garda checks = 4 weeks
Revenue / Benefit / Social checks = 1 to 2 days each ( usually 1 day )
Advance Stage 3 to 6 weeks ( usually 4 )
Minister office = 3 to 4 weeks ( usually 3 )

Does Benefits/ Social of any kind delays you application ===== No
Do they give approval while you are on benefits / social welfare or were in last 3 years ===== Yes

Traffic and other offences delays = Not at all if you have not gone to court .

Court appeared and cleared or found guilty or you went guilty yourself or what ever the case : Delay 3 to 6 months in approval on top of normal time above . ( This applies even if cases was strck off or you were fined and paid it )

Not paid fines / unknown fines etc = Can be deferred for 1 year by minister ( Reapply after 1 year ) 50% of cases .

Away for more than 6 weeks = No problem as far as you declare with a valid reason .

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:48 pm

So he is waiting around 12 weeks already for second stage letter. I am start to worry...

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:04 pm

ulishak wrote:So he is waiting around 12 weeks already for second stage letter. I am start to worry...
No need to panic! He'll get good news from INIS anytime soon.

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Thank you :) You always have a good word for us :) I'll keep you posted :)