ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

data shaaring of uk and ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ASIM2576
Newly Registered

data shaaring of uk and ireland

Post by ASIM2576 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:06 pm

i got refusal from uk visa,now i want to apply for ireland visa,do they share informations,hw much tht refusal impact on my new visa application for ireland

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:36 am

Well, the chances are slim, they do share information, I have seen people who have been refused an Irish visa, that went to to apply for a UK visa which was granted, but I have not seen of anyone who have been refused a UK visa and went to successfully apply for the Irish one. There might be such people but am sure are not common.

There are exceptions though, if one is a spouse of an Irish citizen or a spouse of an EU citizen, the CTA excuse for refusal is usually obsolete.

Applicants citizenship sometimes I think matters, and also place of application. This is just my own observation

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Moved to Ireland section.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Just last week I know someone that was granted an Irish Visa but was refused a UK visa years ago. Embassy of Ireland asked to to produce a UK visit visa refusal letter.

It depends on why you were refused a visa, and if your current situation betters the reason.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:06 pm

As dalebutt mentioned, yes they do share so the Ireland immigration people will know about your UK refusal.

Now I don't think it means they will necessarily refuse you, and it depends why your UK visa was refused.

If it was because of something related to previous criminal offences or providing wrong information in your application, I don't think Ireland will be very positive about your application.

If it is because you failed to provide some documents in the UK application, but everything now looks OK for the Irish application; I don't think Ireland would block you just because you forgot something when you applied for the UK visa.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:14 pm

The original poster in another thread has said they used fake documents to try to get a visa in the UK, and now wants to come to Ireland to study.

When they used supposed Cambridge College of Learning PGD documents, then they used bogus documents.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Ok ... Well in that case he'd better make sure the documentation for Ireland is very solid and expect the institution he is going to attend for studying will to receive a call from the visa people.

Even then, they could deny the visa and say he might be trying to breach into the UK through the common travel area.

So OP, in summary you can try - but make sure your application is very well documented and anything in there is perfectly factual as if they have the slightest doubt they'll turn you back. In my opinion you have less than 50% chances of getting approved, but still the chances are still reasonable and with some luck it could work out.

ASIM2576
Newly Registered

Post by ASIM2576 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:55 pm

thanks for everybody who reply to my post,fault was on ukba side ,and i have to suffer,with no ill intention,i hv to suffer a lot financialy,morally and mentaly,
i m still confused to apply for visa,if all learnend member of this forum consider tht they ll not grant visa,i think then i hv to leave this or try for canda or austrila,,

in my point of view,all though it seems tough,i should go for it coz even if they refuse for previous deception reason,i will go in appeal,and there are more chances in appeal,,
uk ban me for one year to apply for uk visa,tht is over now and i think i can even apply to uk

thanks for all of you for favour

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:39 pm

ASIM2576 wrote:thanks for everybody who reply to my post,fault was on ukba side ,and i have to suffer,with no ill intention,i hv to suffer a lot financialy,morally and mentaly,
i m still confused to apply for visa,if all learnend member of this forum consider tht they ll not grant visa,i think then i hv to leave this or try for canda or austrila,,

in my point of view,all though it seems tough,i should go for it coz even if they refuse for previous deception reason,i will go in appeal,and there are more chances in appeal,,
uk ban me for one year to apply for uk visa,tht is over now and i think i can even apply to uk

Nonsense, it was not UKBA's fault whatsoever.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKIAT/2009/00031.html
Cambridge College of Learning (CCOL) never ran a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management course or a Postgraduate Diploma in IT course. Accordingly for a person applying for leave to remain under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) scheme to rely on a certificate of an award of such a diploma following a course will amount to a false representation....
In the light of the above we find that the respondent has discharged the burden of proving on the balance of probabilities that CCOL never ran its own PgDip courses in BM or IT. We further find that the period of time during which the college was ILM-accredited for the Level 7 ILM diploma in Executive Management was too short for any CCOL student to have completed that course and those who had been registered with the ILM could never have completed various requirements for its successful completion. We should add that in the end the debate about the standard of proof has proved somewhat academic, in that we are absolutely confident that even on Mr Macdonald's view of this (as being indistinguishable from the criminal standard of proof) our findings on the aforementioned matters would have been the same.

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:56 pm

ASIM2576 wrote:thanks for everybody who reply to my post,fault was on ukba side ,and i have to suffer,with no ill intention,i hv to suffer a lot financialy,morally and mentaly,

That's hilarious!

It was all UKBA's fault that you studied at a bogus college and supplied false documents to obtain leave to remain from UKBA.

Information is shared with the Irish authorities and is not a way to circumvent any route into the UK. Be very careful when applying to the irish authorities.