ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of stamp in passport confusion

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mystickey
Newly Registered

Date of stamp in passport confusion

Post by mystickey » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 am

I had to recently update my GNIB card,and due to the new rules in the granting of GNIB cards(there is a 2 week delay in receiving your card once you present yourself before the immigration officials),so my problem is I have been updated in the system(date of issue of GNIB card on from the 16th of June) but the stamp in my passport is only from the 3rd of JULY(the day I received my card),now i have a 7 day period(based on between my earlier and current stamps) for which i do not have any proof of residence in the state,therefore will be unable to apply for citizenship which i plan to do so(1 year of continuous residence condition not satisfied).Has anyone been in this situation?

I would like some information on where and how to contact the respective authorities to clear up this.Any help would be appreciated.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Date of stamp in passport confusion

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:30 am

Sorry guys, I am not aware what are the new rules to collect your GNIB card ? Are they Implemented in counties as well or only in GNIB in Dublin ? When the new rule came into affect ? My friend renewed his visa only last week in GNIB in Dublin and he got his GNIB card on the same days.... What the the two weeks rule that is mentioned above....?

Any clarifications would be appreciated.....Thanks in advance

mystickey
Newly Registered

Post by mystickey » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:48 am

http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?page=31

you can check this for more information.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:46 am

Thanks for the clarification. But as i said above a friend of mine renewed his GNIB card and he received on the same day. How come u received ur card after two weeks ?

mystickey
Newly Registered

Post by mystickey » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 am

I had to get mine from Cork,after you present yourself at the immigration counter in Cork,they take your photo and tell you to come back in 2 weeks to receive your GNIB card(as the cards are issued in dublin and then sent to cork ,i presume) which is when they stamp your passport with the valid stamp dated from the day you receive your card and not from the day your card was issued,which is why i got myself in this situation in the first place.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Its new GNIB smart cards now, without metallic chip.
They are printed only in Galway and Dublin. If you live outside of these 2 cities then it will take about 2 weeks until you receive your GNIB card.

gerard
Newly Registered

Post by gerard » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:42 pm

masterboy123 wrote:Its new GNIB smart cards now, without metallic chip.
They are printed only in Galway and Dublin. If you live outside of these 2 cities then it will take about 2 weeks until you receive your GNIB card.
I was told recently, that they only print them in Dublin now, and only on a Thursday.

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:54 pm

gerard wrote:and only on a Thursday.
They print everyday in Dublin

Dignity
Newly Registered

Post by Dignity » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:55 am

Thanks for raising this very valid question. We ve similar situation.
Please let me know if you have found any answer. Probably requesting deptt of justice for clarifying this but that ll take ages.
I would be grateful if you could update me please about this delay in stamp on passport while awaiting the smart GNIB card.this situation will lead to not having one year continuous Reckonable residence in the state prior to applying for citizenship.

Dignity
Newly Registered

Post by Dignity » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 am

Thanks for raising this very valid question. We ve similar situation.
Please let me know if you have found any answer. Probably requesting deptt of justice for clarifying this but that ll take ages.
I would be grateful if you could update me please about this delay in stamp on passport while awaiting the smart GNIB card.this situation will lead to not having one year continuous Reckonable residence in the state prior to applying for citizenship.