ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Mom Visa from Pakistan

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Dependent Mom Visa from Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi All,

I'm British citizen living in the UK at the moment.

I want to bring my mother from Pakistan to Ireland and shift to Ireland once she gets the visa. I have following questions.

-Which visa should I apply from Pakistan?
-Do I apply online via this website? http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Apply+for+a+visa
-Which visa category I should apply? I'm confused about C and D categories. What is the category and visa type for accompanying dependent parent?
-How long it's taking on average to get the visa from Pakistan.

I will really appreciate help on it.

Regards,
Zeeshan

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Dependent Mom Visa from Pakistan

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:21 pm

First of all try to find out what would happen to British citizen and their non EU family members in Ireland after Brexit. How would the immigration impact on the family members of british citizen ?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:25 pm

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this at the moment. No one knows the answer.

I'm not much worried about this as this isn't in my hand and it may take years for the BREXIT to happen.

I don't mind returning to GB after couple of years if BREXIT really happens that quickly.

umer81
Newly Registered

Post by umer81 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:56 am

Zeeshan, it would be c visa
online application posted to karachi via gerrys / fedex
1 year plus waiting time

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi Umer,

I'm applying via Belgium now.

The waiting times are much less and would be applying around second week of August.

Regards,
Zeeshan

umer81
Newly Registered

Post by umer81 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:14 pm

thats good, have you lined up the plan for eu1?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:32 pm

yes.

I'm planning to move to Belgium once my mom gets a visa. I'll rent an apartment and try to find the work. After registration, I should be able to apply for Family card based on intention to find work and rent agreement.

Is that understanding correct?

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Post by Ramayan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:57 am

Hello zahmed05,

I would definitely advise against coming to Ireland as the wait times here in Ireland are 10+ months and I think you are right Belgium will be quicker, also Germany processes applications very quickly.

Good luck.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:15 pm

My experience of moving to ROI from the UK so far has been successful

Moved to ROI after securing a job and setting up base took about 4 months i.e. PPS, Bank, bills, rent etc
In addition you need to take into account applying for your relative to get here so you will be realistically looking at around 6-8months before you can apply for the EU1 residence card.
I suspect the process of getting a final decision will take about 1 year or so from the moment you move to ROI
If you then need to use the SS Route to get back in the UK you will need to stay here for a further 3-6 months to make the move more believable. I would be damned if the UK hasn't tightened the laws even more by then which could mean more problems for you.

It is a huge undertaking and after going through the process myself be sure to be prepared for staying longer in the ROI

I know I'm off topic here but as a family we love the Irish life so we will be staying most probably indefinitely having secure jobs, better life style, earn more etc so you could say this was a blessing in disguise

So as some posts suggest if in Belgium or Germany is quicker to get the Residence Card is worth considering but bear in mind the end result will be to face the Immigration system in the UK upon your return

All the best

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi shpirtshqipe,

You dont need to stay in Ireland until you get 5 Year residence card, as i understand you can apply Family Permit UK as long as you justify your move,

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:47 pm

@hamza
I think he said he's happy to stay back in Ireland as it is a better life for him.

How far with your case? I'm still waiting, not heard anything yet

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:00 am

Sedanday wrote:@hamza
I think he said he's happy to stay back in Ireland as it is a better life for him.

How far with your case? I'm still waiting, not heard anything yet
@Hamza
You are correct but returning in the UK within 10months from leaving is fairly obvious of my intentions thus they are likely to make life hard for me something I want to avoid at all costs (the reason for leaving the UK in the first place)

@Sedanday you are correct, staying in ROI indefinite is a personal choice entirely rather than visa reasons

Got Stamp4 few weeks back (took one month from the time I send application to INIS to get a reply) and now in the process of sending more evidence to INIS

Estimated date of reaching final decision is end of The year

How long have you been waiting a reply?

Regards

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:54 am

Guys,

I have applied for family permit and now awaiting decision, the result of FP is very crucial for us as we have offered confirmed jobs in U.K. and we will need to start asap,

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:02 am

Best of luck!! Please keep us posted.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:15 am

shpirtshqipe wrote:My experience of moving to ROI from the UK so far has been successful

Moved to ROI after securing a job and setting up base took about 4 months i.e. PPS, Bank, bills, rent etc
In addition you need to take into account applying for your relative to get here so you will be realistically looking at around 6-8months before you can apply for the EU1 residence card.
I suspect the process of getting a final decision will take about 1 year or so from the moment you move to ROI
If you then need to use the SS Route to get back in the UK you will need to stay here for a further 3-6 months to make the move more believable. I would be damned if the UK hasn't tightened the laws even more by then which could mean more problems for you.

It is a huge undertaking and after going through the process myself be sure to be prepared for staying longer in the ROI

I know I'm off topic here but as a family we love the Irish life so we will be staying most probably indefinitely having secure jobs, better life style, earn more etc so you could say this was a blessing in disguise

So as some posts suggest if in Belgium or Germany is quicker to get the Residence Card is worth considering but bear in mind the end result will be to face the Immigration system in the UK upon your return

All the best
I have decided the same thing shpirtshqipe.

Live in Ireland atleast for the next 5 years until I get Irish Citizenship or PR. I am still waiting for my mom's EUFAM and I have been waiting for around 9months now.

You are absolutely right about UKVI. By the time we move to the UK after obtaining EUFAM, Brexit wud be around the corner and UKVI will defo play hard ball approving UK RC which may not be valid once UK completely exits EU. So the sacrifices and efforts we have made to move to Ireland and getting EUFAM will all go for waste and will become meaningless.

All the best to everyone going through the SS Route journey!
Last edited by raja.brit on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:17 am

Hamza2013 wrote:Guys,

I have applied for family permit and now awaiting decision, the result of FP is very crucial for us as we have offered confirmed jobs in U.K. and we will need to start asap,
All the best Hamza, I reckon you will be fine!

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:23 am

zahmed05 wrote:yes.

I'm planning to move to Belgium once my mom gets a visa. I'll rent an apartment and try to find the work. After registration, I should be able to apply for Family card based on intention to find work and rent agreement.

Is that understanding correct?

Is it easy to find job in Belgium for someone who only knows English?

Just curious!

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:27 am

I don't think so.

Bar jobs and odd jobs are the only option.

IT job is another option but not very keen to look into IT as I don't want to live there permanently.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:31 am

Does anybody know how much money is required if I want to say I m self sufficient in Ireland?

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:05 pm

zahmed05 wrote:Does anybody know how much money is required if I want to say I m self sufficient in Ireland?
Depends where in Ireland you'll live and the size of your family whilst in ROI and by that I mean you, spouse & children (and on top of that your parent/s)

I don't live in Ireland and I would say outgoing monthly costs (3adults & 2children) cost easily at least €2000 (I'm stating here an estimated figure which includes rent, broadband, mobile phones, utility bills, health insurance etc)

So ideally a secure job for you and spouse would make life easier

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:10 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote:
I don't live in Ireland
Typo Error: I don't live in Dublin is what I meant to say but obviously live in Ireland :mrgreen: :shock:

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm planning to live in Limerick and do I need to have money for all 5 years or just an income from abroad will do?

If not for 5 years then what's the magic number of month expenses should I have ?

I work in IT and do have the option to work from anywhere in the world.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:12 pm

zahmed05 wrote:I'm planning to live in Limerick and do I need to have money for all 5 years or just an income from abroad will do?

If not for 5 years then what's the magic number of month expenses should I have ?

I work in IT and do have the option to work from anywhere in the world.
Generally speaking you need to prove that your centre of life is in ROI.

Usually this involves bills in your name, tenancy agreement, if any family I.e spouse & children they live with you, financial status, job, taxes paid in the state etc

I'm not sure what you mean by "income from abroad" but if we are to assume the income is through savings than you may have a problem. One of the requirements for EU1 residence card is that the sponsor is financially able to support without recourse to public funds. Whilst you are able to provide evidence of savings, in the eyes of INIS you could still be classed as "unemployed" thereby not meet the criteria fully (I'm being devils advocate here but INIS may use it against you)

If you live in ROI but work and pay taxes on a different EU state:
As a general rule you can work in any EU member state whilst living in ROI. The EU has made provision for something called Double Taxation Agreements between different member states.
You could use this as a workaround but you need to do the leg work, research it thoroughly and see if you have a legal standing. Search "double taxation agreement between Ireland and uk"

Financially? Is very much dependent on the size of your family and expenses as aforementioned previously.

Like I suggested before you are looking at a year & half period from time of arriving to ROI to getting the 5 year residence card providing the case doesn't go to appeal etc. I know I may sound demoralising but in reality you are taking a big risk, so consider the worst possible case scenario first and hope for the best (like most of us who have taken the plunge)

Saying all this I cannot emphasise enough that your relative(s) should be your main focus. You must make sure as much as it is possible that you prove they are dependent on you over a period of time.

Regards

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:22 am

Hi shpirtshqipe

thank you for detailed advise. I really appreciate it.

I will go back, research on it and come back with questions if any.

freeworld1
Newly Registered

Post by freeworld1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:09 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote: Saying all this I cannot emphasise enough that your relative(s) should be your main focus. You must make sure as much as it is possible that you prove they are dependent on you over a period of time.

Regards
Hi shpirtshqipe,

I'm planning to move to Ireland and apply the EU1 dependent for my parents. How much time should be enough to prove that parents are dependent on me over a period of time? and do they need to be dependent on me just financially?

Thanks