ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a Visa to Enter the UK as an EEA national Family?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Woodquest
Newly Registered

Do I need a Visa to Enter the UK as an EEA national Family?

Post by Woodquest » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:36 am

My wife is Netherlands and I'm a holder of the EU stamp4 Permanent Residence both living in Ireland.I'm aware of the ECJ Ruling that the British Government cannot stop ‘Family Members’ of EEA Nationals Entering the UK. Has any EEA national family member on this forum attempted to travel to the UK without a visa recently?

I phoned the UK border Agency on a paid service last week, to ask whether I can visit a family member in the UK with my wife. They insisted that I would have to apply for an EEA family permit in order to enter the UK. As a matter of fact, isn't this a continuous breach of the EU directive on the part of the UK? I'm just wondering. Please Advise.

vinny

Re: Do I need a Visa to Enter the UK as an EEA national Fami

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:55 am

You are correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:53 pm

The UK is in breach of the directive, but they are managing to get away with it ... so as far as they are concerned you do need an EEA family permit or a visa.

My advice: just apply for the permit to avoid any annoyance at the border - they won't refuse it unless they have security concerns.

Vrinda108
Newly Registered

Post by Vrinda108 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:32 pm

. Sorry I posted in wrong thread please ignore