ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Accepted!!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benfares

EEA Family Permit Accepted!!!!

Post by benfares » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Hey guys

Finally my husband got his EEA Family Permit yaaay!!! I would like to thank all the people who helped me and the moderators.

Thank you guys so much :D

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Re: EEA Family Permit Accepted!!!!

Post by kunfayakun » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:51 pm

You are legend finally you got what you have deserved. Best of luck.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:04 am

we got ours to today :) we plan to leave in the next week or so, is applying for residence card in the uk straight forward any advise on this?

benfares

Post by benfares » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:06 am

Congratulations so happy for you :D I am already in England but will get my husband next week from Ireland

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi Benfares and Robsters,
Congratulations to you both! Really happy for you guys :D

@Benfares,
What documents/information did you send this time that was different from the lady?

@Robsters,
What document did you send with your application?

Thanks.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:04 pm

thanks for congratulations, a question i have is can you return to ireland ok on a temp stamp 4 card from the uk and what kind of entry clearance will my wife will have to go through when arriving in the uk? we plan to go by ferry from Dublin, bit worried about the entry clearance stuff.....plus we plan to come back in a month for the full irish residence card and forward our mail to the uk

the paper work i included was the following

marriage document
both our passports
need 2 passport sized photos
we inc some photos of us
letter from landlady as we lodge with a friend
copy of upc phone and internet bill
copy of insurance document in my name with our address
copy some post cards send by friends to our address in ireland
tax credit cert in both our names
all my payslips and my wife pay slips
both our work contracts (i change jobs here so included my old contract and new plus pay slips)
bank statements for whole time we were here in ireland
copy tickets to events we went to here in ireland
letter from parents in uk and copy there passports

i think that was it , if anyone has advise on the above about entering the uk and re entering ireland later thanks

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks for the info Robsters,

Does your wife have a re-entry visa into Ireland? If she does then it's straight forward to come back to into Ireland...
Hopefully one of the forum guru can help regarding uk Clearance...

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:48 pm

she just has a temp GINB card until the full one is granted in another month does that count as a re entry visa?

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:02 pm

No it's not the same thing...
You guys will have to go to the gnib office and actually apply for a "re- entry" visa. It's done the same day like the 6 month temp card but you have to get there and queue very early as tickets go very fast. We went at 8am and tickets where already finished at that time so we had to come back the next day.
From the top of my head the documents required;
Your passport photograph
Your wife's Passport photograph
Your wife's Gnib card
Copy of your Passport
Your wife's passport (that's where the re-entry is stamped)

Double check on the website to be certain!

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:25 pm

thanks for the advise yeah we plan to go tuesday, such a pain last time we spent all bloody day in that place, did you say we need to get passport sized photos of both of us as well or just both our passports?

benfares

Post by benfares » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi mylink

I sent all these documents:

Marriage certificate
Birth certificates mine and my sons
Copy of my passport
Husbands original passport
My work contract and husbands
Doctors letter
Bills in my name and husbands
Tax certificate wage slips
Volunteering as an ESOL teacher
Tenancy agreement
Bank statements

By the way I only worked 5 weeks and that was acceptable and I lived here for 6 months

benfares

Post by benfares » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:17 pm

Robsters

I won't get an re-entry visa because the landlord will post our letter to England and I will apply for the residence card straightaway. :D

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:25 pm

benfares wrote:Robsters

I won't get an re-entry visa because the landlord will post our letter to England and I will apply for the residence card straightaway. :D
so you plan to let the full residency card in ireland go then?? do you need the letter to apply for the uk residency card?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Congrats guy, well done.
We are in London now, but coming back to Ireland tomorrow. We won't be moving back till October.
There's no immigration checks when u arrive, the airline checks your visa before you fly from Dublin.

So happy for u Robster, am sure you can't wait to head home.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:51 pm

Re entry visa is free and only necessary if you are coming by to Ireland.

We are almost at the finish line

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:25 pm

yeah can't wait to return home, we plan to come back to ireland to pick up the full irish residence card just incase we had issue staying in the uk as we plan to apply for residence card there but just hope its approved

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:25 pm

yeah can't wait to return home, we plan to come back to ireland to pick up the full irish residence card just incase we had issue staying in the uk as we plan to apply for residence card there but just hope its approved

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ewald » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:54 pm

awesome news guys.

happy to see a success story as myself and my fiance are taking the same route after our wedding in december. we only leaving in April tho. Been doing so much research and these forums are so helpful.

She has British passport and i have south african.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:08 pm

well we booked our ferry for next tuesday and plan to leave, back briefly in october to pick up the full GNIB card then we will submit our application for my wife to remain in the uk, does anyone have any advise on this? is it the same paper work as EEA FP application? how should we go about centre of life test or was that test doing during family permit application?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:10 pm

It's a really long form but it's basically all your paper work from Dublin, put in as much as you can find especially to be able to satisfy the centre of life test.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:43 am

adedayoh wrote:It's a really long form but it's basically all your paper work from Dublin, put in as much as you can find especially to be able to satisfy the centre of life test.
would these following things help the Centre of life test

photos of friends from work (working as a photographer its in a nice frame and stuff with our company logo)
business cards me and my wife made but never used
doctors letters for my wifes pregnancy
library card
photos of me and my wife in dublin
concert tickets to shows in dublin
receipts of things we bought in ireland

not sure have anything else , i might be able to get some friends to write letters before we leave i guess, i would assume my wife getting pregnant here in ireland even though she give birth in England would help or not help for this test?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:27 am

Hey,
Looks good but make you also have documents from when you got into Ireland to prove length of stay I.e your pps letter because that's obviously the first documents u got from Irish government. Bank statements over 6 months is also good.

But the good news is once u have eea permit, they are happy to an extent with your case so good luck.

Keep me posted cos we are not applying till January. We are moving back in October but my husband has to travel in dec and we don't want his passport to be stuck with the he home office because they really take their bloody time with the application.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:26 am

Yeah i have 5 months worth of bank statements, 6 by the end of september, we plan to come back at end of sep early oct to collect the full residence card then put in the application in the uk. we arrived end of january but most our documentation did not start until march, i do have ferry ticket though of when i came over but my wife flew in seperately later, pps letter is dated 16th March, do you think we stayed long enough? i get one final pay slip so that make 7 months working altogether and good thing is i might be getting a transfer with my job so i could claim we moved because my job wanted to transfer me , as you said i guess we got eea family permit so obv happy with our case so far. i keep u posted, let me know what u think if we stayed long enough, do u think its ok to submit the uk residence card app in october, family permit dated 14th august we leave this mon for uk redirecting our mail then return in october then back to uk again