ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit from dublin embassy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Diomond

EEA family permit from dublin embassy

Post by Diomond » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm

hello guys, just a quick question, Any body knows the processing time for an eea family permit from dublin?? As my friend has applied today , Any idea????
Thanks in advance

dublin3
- thin ice -

Re: EEA family permit from dublin embassy

Post by dublin3 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Diomond wrote:hello guys, just a quick question, Any body knows the processing time for an eea family permit from dublin?? As my friend has applied today , Any idea????
Thanks in advance
One of my friend received in 15 days. he applied in April. I applied couple of years back and they took nearly 3 months and I ended up withdrawing my application because I needed the passport for travel reason.
The reason they took so long because in 2005 I was removed from UK..
All the best

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:13 pm

dublin3 wrote:
Diomond wrote:hello guys, just a quick question, Any body knows the processing time for an eea family permit from dublin?? As my friend has applied today , Any idea????
Thanks in advance
One of my friend received in 15 days. he applied in April. I applied couple of years back and they took nearly 3 months and I ended up withdrawing my application because I needed the passport for travel reason.
All the best
thanks for your reply mate .... Funny thing is he was removed from UK as well last year. So i think he would be treated same, Anyway did u ever try again or travelled without FP???

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Diomond wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
Thanks in advance
All the best
thanks for your reply mate .... Funny thing is he was removed from UK as well last year. So i think he would be treated same, Anyway did u ever try again or travelled without FP???
Hi ,

No I never had a chance or time to go. I am sure I would get it if I apply but don't have any plan yet. Let me know the outcome of your friend's case.
Also there is no problem when traveling without EEA Family permit as long as EU citizen is with you and have a marriage cert and their passport in hand.
Thanks

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:24 pm

dublin3 wrote:
Diomond wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
Thanks in advance
All the best
Hi ,

No I never had a chance or time to go. I am sure I would get it if I apply but don't have any plan yet. Let me know the outcome of your friend's case.
Also there is no problem when traveling without EEA Family permit as long as EU citizen is with you and have a marriage cert and their passport in hand.
Thanks
Thanks man , i will update you.Good luck

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 pm

dublin3 wrote:
Diomond wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
Thanks in advance
All the best
Hi ,

Thanks
we have e mailed worldbridge 8 days ago but they have not replied me. Its been 9 working days Since my friend had applied for the eea FP but no response yet. Neither he has any tracking number to check,no proof that he has applied for it and passport and all doccumens are with them, any idea what to do?

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Diomond wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
Diomond wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
All the best
Hi ,

Thanks
we have e mailed worldbridge 8 days ago but they have not replied me. Its been 9 working days Since my friend had applied for the eea FP but no response yet. Neither he has any tracking number to check,no proof that he has applied for it and passport and all doccumens are with them, any idea what to do?
Worldbridge would tell you to wait till 15 working days are over. You must start complaining like crazy when 15 days are over. In your friend's case I am sure they will take long time to decide.
Also they don't give any receipt or tracking number here in Dublin so the only way to track is to send them an e mail.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 pm

thanks for your reply,
Is it normal not to have a reciept, we thought he didnt get for some reason, Do they give to some applicant ?? And he is planning to go next month even he doesnt get FP, if nothing comes till 10th of july he would withdraw the application and go with out FP,
Wht would u advise????

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Diomond wrote:thanks for your reply,
Is it normal not to have a reciept, we thought he didnt get for some reason, Do they give to some applicant ?? And he is planning to go next month even he doesnt get FP, if nothing comes till 10th of july he would withdraw the application and go with out FP,
Wht would u advise????
Hi Diomond,

they don't give any kind of receipt or anything to applicant.
A friend of mine traveled two weeks ago to UK and they didn't ask him any question. He showed his passport and he had family permit inside. His wife was in the car the man didn't even bother to look at the permit and let them go.
Again it depends on luck what you get on the border.
Before you withdraw your application I would recommend you to fax the ECM asking for update instead of sending emails to worldbrige or if you can't find the fax number then write a letter and send it by registered post.
ECM will get back to you within 48 hours.
Try that if that doesn't help then withdraw the application and travel without permit.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:13 pm

dublin3 wrote:
Wht would u advise????
Hi Diomond,

A friend of mine traveled two weeks ago to UK and they didn't ask him any question. He showed his passport and he had family permit inside. His wife was in the car the man didn't even bother to look at the permit and let them go.
Before you withdraw your application I would recommend you to fax the ECM asking for update instead of sending emails to worldbrige or if you can't find the fax number then write a letter and send it by registered post.
Try that if that doesn't help then withdraw the application and travel without permit.
thanks Dublin3, he will wait till the 10th of july and then will send the letter and the if nothig comes up he will withdraw his application and got without it, I will update you.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:21 pm

dublin3 wrote:
Wht would u advise????
Hi Diomond,

UPDATE: My friend got an e mail with subject Unofficial visa approval, and saying dear customer your visa has been issue and your passport is ready to collect,
Wht Does tht mean??? he got the FP or we dont know yet??
any experience???

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Diomond wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
Wht would u advise????
Hi Diomond,

UPDATE: My friend got an e mail with subject Unofficial visa approval, and saying dear customer your visa has been issue and your passport is ready to collect,
any experience???
Hay Thats really Good news man.. it means his visa is approved and he has to go and collect his passport from the embassy now..

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:17 pm

dublin3 wrote:
Diomond wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
Wht would u advise????
Hi Diomond,

any experience???
Hay Thats really Good news man.. it means his visa is approved and he has to go and collect his passport from the embassy now..
Hi dublin3, i hope so, if that is the case he been really very lucky ,got his fp in 14 days, and you know his history as well, but he doesnt believe until he sees his passport, you sure its approval?? wht they write if they refuse someone??

nemo
Newly Registered

Family Permit from Dublin British Embassy/WorldBridge

Post by nemo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:32 pm

I applied for a Family Permit last week, although i am not clear where i had involvement with WorldBridge and which part was dealt by British Embassy in Dublin.

First we filled the application for work permit online and paid the 6 Euro fee (for passport to be posted back) and also made an appointment for Biometrics.

We went to British embassy on the day of appointment and submitted the documents and signed application and at the same time had the biometrics taken.
We didnt get any receipts or proof of application.

What i am not sure is where was WorldBridge involved in this transaction? Do they work at the Embassy and they took the application?

thanks in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Those who took the biometrics may have been the 3rd party company. You should have received a receipt.

nemo
Newly Registered

Family Permit from Dublin British Embassy/WorldBridge

Post by nemo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:25 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Those who took the biometrics may have been the 3rd party company. You should have received a receipt.
thanks for the comment EUsmileWEallsmile, that's what i originally thought too, but there are three arguments against that -
1. It was within the embassy where the biometrics and documents where taken.
2. Near the window counter where we submitted the docs, there were several notice saying that the Immigration clearance clerk doesnt have any say in decicsion making, suggesting it was a Immigration Clerk not Worldbridge.

3. There was no notice to say that Worldbridge staff exited in that office.

Also i didnt get any receipts of the documents submitted, "Diomand" in the post earlier suggested his friend didnt get any receipts. Should i worry?

regards

Riag
Newly Registered

Post by Riag » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi,

I am new to site,I read all topics here and taught it will help me too,I am Indian national living in ireland since from 5 years and my partner is from EU country,we applied resident cad in Ireland and it got approved,I have Stamp 4 e family visa which is similar to EEA family permit.My bf got job in UK and I want to move with him to UK.My queries are

Is Stamp4EUFAM can be recognised in UK and I can travel UK without visa as it is resident card in Ireland
can Stamp4EUFAM can be changed to EEA family permit in UK
If I should apply EEA family permit ,where I can find application (online /Dublin embassay)
Where we need to submit application
how long process takes
I read about biometric test,where we need to do

Hope to hear from you all please and it will be great help
Thanks

Woodquest
Newly Registered

Post by Woodquest » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:25 pm

Riag wrote:Hi,

I am new to site,I read all topics here and taught it will help me too,I am Indian national living in ireland since from 5 years and my partner is from EU country,we applied resident cad in Ireland and it got approved,I have Stamp 4 e family visa which is similar to EEA family permit.My bf got job in UK and I want to move with him to UK.My queries are

Is Stamp4EUFAM can be recognised in UK and I can travel UK without visa as it is resident card in Ireland
If I should apply EEA family permit ,where I can find application (online /Dublin embassay)
how long process takes

Thanks
@Riag I advise you to start a new thread of your own so as for members to respond and help you with your query.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:21 pm

For Entry to UK with 4EUFam card
Visa required, except for Holders of a "Family Member"
Residence Card marked "Permanent Residence Card of a Family
Member of a Union Citizen or Residence Card of a Family
Member of a Union Citizen issued by Ireland (Rep.) to family
members of an EEA national or national of
Switzerland, if traveling with or traveling to join the EEA
national or national of Switzerland.

Riag
Newly Registered

Post by Riag » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Woodquest wrote:
Riag wrote:Hi,

how long process takes

Thanks
@Riag I advise you to start a new thread of your own so as for members to respond and help you with your query.
Thanks for help,I started new thread ...

Riag
Newly Registered

Post by Riag » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:31 pm

acme4242 wrote:For Entry to UK with 4EUFam card
Visa required, except for Holders of a "Family Member"
Residence Card marked "Permanent Residence Card of a Family
Member of a Union Citizen or Residence Card of a Family
Member of a Union Citizen issued by Ireland (Rep.) to family
members of an EEA national or national of
Switzerland, if traveling with or traveling to join the EEA
national or national of Switzerland.