ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family visa for ireland for brother

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mtmirza
Newly Registered

eea family visa for ireland for brother

Post by mtmirza » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:53 am

Hi,
my big brother is UK national and i`m pakistani national and i`m study in England last 3 & half years. we are living together same address. i want to get EEA family visa in IRELAND. please help me what type of document and application form we needed . its possible we can apply in uk for IRELAND (EEA FAMILY VISA). I hope positive reply from your side .
thanks & Regrads

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: eea family visa for ireland for brother

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:38 am

What is ur age ? Do u hold a study visa in UK ? and where ur big brother is residing at the moment. UK or Ireland ?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:15 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:What is ur age ? Do u hold a study visa in UK ? and where ur big brother is residing at the moment. UK or Ireland ?
Hi Calvin,

I have almost the same scenario.I am British national and my younger brother is living in Pakistan.I am planning to start a business in ireland and apply for my brother as EU directive.My brother is 25 years old. Can i do this.

I am sending money to my bro bank account from last 5 months.He has been in UK on visit visa too in the past and then left in time.He was here to attend my graduation ceremony.

Please advise thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:50 am

I don't think u can bring ur brother over to ireland based on ur EU treaty rights as he is 25 years of age. He is a grown up man and cannot be dependent on u.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Hey CalvinKlien

Even I am in the same scenario. I am a Danish National and have moved to Ireland along with my non eu/eea brother and his family. I own a business in Ireland and we are currently living together. My brother who is 52 years old recently underwent three heart bypasses (coronary artery) and has severe psoriasis. He is unable to work and I am supporting him medically and financially. I have registered him with a private doctor in Ireland. His son is a patient of post traumatic stress disorder and is a psychiatric patient who is also seeing a private psychiatrist. I intend to apply stamp 4 dependent visa for them. I have all the dependency evidences eg medical receipts, medical reports, financial help receipts etc.

What other documents should I send in my application. Is it easy to get the dependency visa for them considering they're already in Ireland? I would be highly obliged if you can get back to me on this.

Kind Regards.

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:23 am

CalvinKlien wrote:I don't think u can bring ur brother over to ireland based on ur EU treaty rights as he is 25 years of age. He is a grown up man and cannot be dependent on u.
I don't think that is correct what you are saying at least as far as I know because the Directive underlines that "Other family members such as siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles and other relatives have the right to have their entry and residence facilitated by the host Member State if they are dependant on you or are members of your household or where serious health grounds strictly require your personal care. This could be the case as well of your non dependant parents or children of more than 21 years if they live with you".

To answer your question, Yes it is possible provide that you can prove that he is dependent on EU national ( not just western receipts but more convincing proofs tho). Because of his age it would be difficult, nevertheless it is not impossible and I'd recommend you to look for a Solicitor.

Good luck!!