ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Estimation of timeframe for naturalisation (associations)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tuathanach

Estimation of timeframe for naturalisation (associations)

Post by tuathanach » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:36 am

Hi everybody! Thanks in advance for stopping by!

I have submitted my application for naturalisation today! 8) :D

I wonder if anybody could give me any feedback and indications as to the sort of timeframe that I should expect.

My application is based on the following Irish Associations:
-Directly related to 30 descendants by blood who were Irish citizens or entitled to be; closest of which are great-grandparents.
-Engaged to marry an Irish Citizen
-Living and working in Ireland for over 3 years (but not yet 5 years)

I've been able to provide official certification for all of my associations showing an unbroken line between the Irish citizens and me. I'm a British citizen and subsequently an EU citizen.

The application was filled out by myself and has been submitted today (8th of September 2016). I've heard that the Associations route can be somewhat slower but wondered if anybody could shed some light and speculation on my (hopeful) application!

Thanks in advance!

tuathanach

Re: Estimation of timeframe for naturalisation (associations

Post by tuathanach » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Any ideas, people? :)

Btw, somebody has private messaged me and I'd assume it was based on this post. Sadly I can't read it as I'm a new member and don't have PM privileges! :twisted: