ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU becoming Irish Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

EU becoming Irish Citizen

Post by gorgeous » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Hey guys,

I just have a quick question, which I am not 100% sure yet. My partner is an EU national and by the end of this year he will be applying to become an Irish Citizen.

The question is: At the moment I'm holding a Stamp 4 EUFAM visa. If he becomes Irish Citizen will I be married to an Irish Citizen? And if so, can I apply to naturalisation as married to an Irish Citizen once he was just naturalised and not born in Ireland?

I am asking that because many EU countries do not allow to pass the citizenship on once they were just naturalised.

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks!

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU becoming Irish Citizen

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:25 pm

Provided you are married to an Irish Citizen and have been living in the state with that citizen for 3 years you can apply for naturalisation. Does not matter where the marriage took place .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:26 am

Obie wrote:Provided you are married to an Irish Citizen and have been living in the state with that citizen for 3 years you can apply for naturalisation. Does not matter where the marriage took place .
Hi Obie, thanks for you answer!

The thing is I'm just not 100% sure if I can apply as being married to an Irish, since he will just be naturalised instead of being born here. Do you know that?

Actually checking the naturalisation form it says:

"Copy of documentary proof of Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s entitlement to Irish citizenship (certified copy of Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s birth certificate if born in Ireland / certified copy of foreign birth register entry / spouse’s or civil partner’s parent’s birth certificate if latter was born in Ireland / certified copy of naturalisation certificate / certified copy of passport page with photograph)."

So I believe that there shouldn't be any issues, right?

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:46 pm

Any thoughts??? :?