ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU dependent relative cousin brother application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

awm
Newly Registered

EU dependent relative cousin brother application

Post by awm » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Hello All,
I hope you guys are well.

I am an EU National and I want to apply for an application for my cousin brother and his family to join me in Ireland as adult dependent relative. His family consists of himself, his & wife. They are living in Pakistan so will be applying from there.

Can you please advise me which application form, guidance notes and any reference to legislation documents for me to study to understand what is required of me and how can i actually make this happen.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
awm

Casa

Re: EU dependent relative cousin brother application

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Are they all financially dependent on you? For example, have you been supporting them all financially and do they meet any of these conditions for extended family members?
A relative of an EEA national or their spouse or civil partner who is dependent on the
EEA national or is a member of their household, and:
- is accompanying the EEA national to the UK or wishes to join them, or
- has joined them in the UK and continues to be dependent on them or to be a
member of their household.
- A relative of an EEA national or their spouse or civil partner who strictly requires the
personal care of the EEA national or their spouse or civil partner due to serious health
groundsA relative of an EEA national or their spouse or civil partner who is dependent on the
EEA national or is a member of their household, and:
- is accompanying the EEA national to the UK or wishes to join them, or
- has joined them in the UK and continues to be dependent on them or to be a
member of their household.
- A relative of an EEA national or their spouse or civil partner who strictly requires the
personal care of the EEA national or their spouse or civil partner due to serious health
grounds

You can substitute 'Ireland' for the UK. The conditions would be the same under EU regulations.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Well I believe they are broadly the same, save for the fact that the Irish version appears slightly restrictive , in confining eligibility to the Relatives of the EU citizen Only.
[b] Ireland Definition of Permitted Family Member[/b] wrote:permitted family member”, in relation to a Union citizen, means any family member, irrespective of
his or her nationality, who is not a qualifying family member of the Union citizen, and who, in his or
her country of origin, habitual residence or previous residence -
(a) is a dependant of the Union citizen,
(b) is a member of the household of the Union citizen,
(c) on the basis of serious health grounds strictly requires the personal care of the Union
citizen, or
(d) is the partner with whom the Union citizen has a durable relationship, duly attested;
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:12 am

Obie, how distant can the relationship be to qualify? i.e EU national's 'cousin brother'?? + family seems a bit distant and confusing (to me). Why doesn't the EU national say 'his cousin + family'? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:47 pm

Will a cousin's wife's uncle's step son's wife's son from her previous husband's previous marriage qualify as an extended family member? :wink: :wink:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Casa wrote:Obie, how distant can the relationship be to qualify? i.e EU national's 'cousin brother'?? + family seems a bit distant and confusing (to me). Why doesn't the EU national say 'his cousin + family'? :?
Unfortunately their Irish regulations unlike the UK version defines relatives in tje context of Dependency or Member of the same Household..
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Obie wrote:
Casa wrote:Obie, how distant can the relationship be to qualify? i.e EU national's 'cousin brother'?? + family seems a bit distant and confusing (to me). Why doesn't the EU national say 'his cousin + family'? :?
Unfortunately their Irish regulations unlike the UK version defines relatives in tje context of Dependency or Member of the same Household..
So in this case in your opinion the extended family are unlikely to qualify?
(Casa, not CR001)