ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu directive visa accepted for spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marwat
Newly Registered

Eu directive visa accepted for spouse

Post by marwat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:17 pm

I live in Letterkenny and I am a British Citizen. My wife has a Irish visa issued on the basis of the EU directive. I might get a job offer in Derry working, is it ok for me to work there and my wife living in Letterkenny? As ill be travelling to work everyday and coming back home.
And if i want to travel to dublin the shortest route goes through omagh will my wife be able to travel with me through that route to get to Dublin for some shopping? Or do i have to go the long way?
Thanks

fsa

Re: Eu directive visa accepted for spouse

Post by fsa » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:13 pm

if you work in derry which is part of the UK you would not be exercising your treaty rights in Ireland which i am assuming your wife was issued the visa under the EU directive based on. Travelling wise- I dont think there would be issues driving through omagh as there are no immigration checks/ borders.
When it comes to proving exercising treaty rights - in your case by working, you would be unable to show you have been working in Ireland