ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU/EEA citizen registration - Garda forms?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chroll
Newly Registered

EU/EEA citizen registration - Garda forms?

Post by chroll » Sun May 01, 2016 6:18 am

Hello everyone.

I've been looking for the actual _forms_ an EU citizen who's employed in Ireland must fill in when registering with Garda after 3 months in the country, but nothing so far..... Doesn't look like common practice for an immigration service not to publish those on the web, but that seems to be the case.

So, my question is - can anyone either point me to the right web address (I will readily admit my lack of web searching skills), or just help me take a look at the forms in some other way? Please note, there's all kinds of non-EU forms, but I don't need those.

Thanks.

Ololade1
Newly Registered

Re: EU/EEA citizen registration - Garda forms?

Post by Ololade1 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:19 am

There are no such forms, if applying as a family member or a Qualifying member you would need to fill out the EU or EU 1 form ,please see the link below http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

chroll
Newly Registered

Post by chroll » Sun May 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Thank you for the reply.
Just an EU /EEA citizen here.
I've seen all the other forms, but not that one. So, that's because it doesn't exist (in contrast to some other countries), right?
Could I ask you to clarify a bit - so, I just go to the relevant Garda office with my passport and proof of employment, and that's it?

Ololade1
Newly Registered

Post by Ololade1 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:48 pm

chroll
Newly Registered

Post by chroll » Mon May 02, 2016 4:50 am

True, no form to be found anywhere for an EU citizen staying over 3 months. There's the EU2 (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU2.pdf), but it's for stays over 5 years.
So, I can only assume, _if_ such a form existed, one would be able to find it on the web. Apparently, for employment cases and the like, Garda just makes an internal record when the registrant shows up.

Thank you for your help.