ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu notary divorce

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Eu notary divorce

Post by euspouse07 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi all . Asking this question on the behalf of my friend who had obtained divorce through notary from eu country (Latvia).
My question is about the authentication of the divorce in Ireland or other countries .
Is there is any authority in Ireland that can confirm the authenticity of the said document ?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Eu notary divorce

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Hello, your friend should get authenticity on the divorce certificate by an Apostille by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Riga Latvia.

The solicitor who helped in divorce can do the job for you and will charge you some money for that, may be 100 Euros. The Apostille (Stamp on the divorce certificate) fee is 10 Lats but the solicitor know that you need it that's why he can rip you off.

Here is the link: http://www.am.gov.lv/en/service/legalisation

I would recommend the Apostille but it is not necessary if you want to use the divorce cert in the DOJ but on the safe side Apostille would help.

Good Luck