ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cheloz

EU Treaty Rights

Post by cheloz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused, I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

My wife is British and I'm Israeli, we're married for one week, currently we're in Israel.

1) is there a minimum time to be married to apply for Directive 2004/38/EC free movement ?
2) does it matter that she didn't change her surname on any document yet? (passport, id card etc..)
3) how long from the moment we arrive into Ireland do we have to "report" our presence to Garda (police) ?
4) am I permitted to work after I apply for Residency? (so, when my wife finds a job and we have an apartment, I apply form EU1, after I apply I get 6 months stamp, can I work during the waiting for the Residence Card?, this is my question basically, I hope I got all the details right)

Thank you for any replies, I would also be glad if anyone could recommend on a solicitor who specializes in these matters.

Best Regards :D

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:33 am

1) No, but a long married period would show strong bond.

2) No, but again if the surname is changed it would show the strength of newly wed couple.

3) You have to submit EU1 application within 90 days after arriving to Ireland. Depends on your stay period. Sometimes at airport they would give you 30 days stay visa which means you need to report to Garda within 30 days.

4) Yes, you can work. You will be given temp Stamp 4 which allows you to work.

Mazel Tov :lol: :D
cheloz wrote:Hello All,

I'm a bit confused, I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

My wife is British and I'm Israeli, we're married for one week, currently we're in Israel.

1) is there a minimum time to be married to apply for Directive 2004/38/EC free movement ?
2) does it matter that she didn't change her surname on any document yet? (passport, id card etc..)
3) how long from the moment we arrive into Ireland do we have to "report" our presence to Garda (police) ?
4) am I permitted to work after I apply for Residency? (so, when my wife finds a job and we have an apartment, I apply form EU1, after I apply I get 6 months stamp, can I work during the waiting for the Residence Card?, this is my question basically, I hope I got all the details right)

Thank you for any replies, I would also be glad if anyone could recommend on a solicitor who specializes in these matters.

Best Regards :D

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Try Sinnott solicitors:

http://www.sinnottsolicitors.ie/

And ask for Una.

Address: 10 Church Ave, Dublin 6

Phone:(01) 406 2862

One thing is very much common in Irish Immigration solicitors that they are very much greedy and i would call them absolute money grabbers and chancres. The min u pay them the fee, they wouldn't even bother to attend your phone.

If you could avoid having a solicitor i would ask u to do so.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:51 am

@ Leinsterimmig

lol this forum is for free and not an advertisement forum...anyway, if u r really a solicitor, first of all get a professional website and i wouldn't trust a Gmail account, you should have your own domain....

Next, u r contact the boards marketing department to advertise ur banner.

Lee24
Newly Registered

Post by Lee24 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:15 pm

masterboy123 wrote:3) You have to submit EU1 application within 90 days after arriving to Ireland. Depends on your stay period. Sometimes at airport they would give you 30 days stay visa which means you need to report to Garda within 30 days.
This is incorrect.

1. It is not mandatory to apply for a residence card.
2. There is no requirement to "report to Garda (sic) within 30 days", regardless of what is said / done at the airport.