ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights waiting for temp stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raiann29
Newly Registered

EU Treaty Rights waiting for temp stamp 4

Post by raiann29 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi, they said that it can take up to 14 or even 15 weeks to get the temporary permission (stamp 4). We just submitted the remaining supporting documents last week. My problem now is my type C visa will expire on December 9. Do I need to move out of Ireland or I can stay? and if I stay isn't it illegal? Thank you and hope someone can answer because we are actually worried about it.

Sedanday

Re: EU Treaty Rights waiting for temp stamp 4

Post by Sedanday » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:50 pm

As long as you have submitted your application,
You are fine! You can stay! You don't have to leave Ireland

raiann29
Newly Registered

Post by raiann29 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Thanks a lot :)

SAtoIE
Newly Registered

Post by SAtoIE » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:29 am

Hi I was in this exact same position as you a few months ago so I emailed the INIS and they did indeed confirm that once an application has been submitted you have permission to remain until you receive a response, even if your 90 days are up as my partner's were. And it did take 14 weeks to receive the temporary stamp too.

travelling-show
Newly Registered

Post by travelling-show » Tue May 02, 2017 10:19 pm

SAtoIE wrote:Hi I was in this exact same position as you a few months ago so I emailed the INIS and they did indeed confirm that once an application has been submitted you have permission to remain until you receive a response, even if your 90 days are up as my partner's were. And it did take 14 weeks to receive the temporary stamp too.
What if you have received a response, but it isn't a Stamp 4 letter? I received a letter that basically says we've accepted the application and will decide at a future date, no mention of a Stamp 4, but it isn't asking for any further documents either. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks