ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 - 6-8 Weeks for Initial Letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fredzafsky
Newly Registered

EU1 - 6-8 Weeks for Initial Letter

Post by fredzafsky » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:46 am

Hi everyone,

My husband submitted his EU1 application form 4 weeks ago. About two weeks ago, we submitted further documentation to support the application - all the documentation requested in the original form has now been provided.

I sent an e-mail to the EU Treaty Rights Unit on Friday requesting an update, as it would've been 4 weeks on Monday we made the initial application. This was the response:

"Due to the volume of applications on hand, it may take 6-8 weeks from the date of receipt before a response is issued from this office. Once your documents have been processed, they will be returned to you and any outstanding documents will be requested."

I was under the impression that the normal turnaround for the initial letter, so my husband can go to the Gardai and apply for the GNIB card/get a Temp EU4FAM stamp, was four weeks?

If it takes a whole 8 weeks, this would be 24/08. My husband's initial 3 month visa permission would expire on the 13/08 - would this cause a problem when he visits the Gardai?

I look forward to your responses. Thank you.

fredzafsky
Newly Registered

Re: EU1 - 6-8 Weeks for Initial Letter

Post by fredzafsky » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:03 pm

We finally received the letter today! Luckily it was my day off so I went to the Gardai with my husband in Limerick. However, we were turned away because they said they it might take up to two weeks for them to receive a letter from the EU Treaty Rights Unit. Is this correct? I emailed the EUTRU for clarification. Should I be e-mailing Solvit also? I'll have Monday off next week to attend with my husband but I might not have another day off during the week for weeks after that. Quite peeved because I haven't read anything like this before.