ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 - 6 weeks & waiting for ack

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brunocavalcanti

Re: EU1 - 6 weeks & waiting for ack

Post by brunocavalcanti » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:13 pm

lhkong wrote:Everybody!
i got the letter for the stamp 4 today! They received my application on 1st Dec.

if you submitted before me, check your mail box!!!
This is weird because if you applied after me and it is treated in chronological order I should get the letter first. I really don't understand this immigration, it's a joke, honestly. And yet I didn't get anything.

lhkong
Newly Registered

Post by lhkong » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:35 am

brunocavalcanti wrote:
i got the letter for the stamp 4 today! They received my application on 1st Dec.

This is weird because if you applied after me and it is treated in chronological order I should get the letter first. I really don't understand this immigration, it's a joke, honestly. And yet I didn't get anything.

Or you send email to them? i kept sending email to them util they said "we have posted the documents to you, you will receive in coming days" . it was a registered post, the postman will leave the "we have missed you" green paper in your mail box if no one at home.

if you have already submitted all the required documents once on the date they received, i think you will receive these days.

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:32 pm

We received our letter today. The application was sent in 3 December. We also sent some more documentation in about two weeks ago and received an acknowledgement of that at the same time, perhaps since they have to put it all together in one file it helped a bit. We also didn't enquire about the status of the application since it was known to take around 6 weeks and there were holidays in between.

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

lhkong wrote:
brunocavalcanti wrote:

Or you send email to them? i kept sending email to them util they said "we have posted the documents to you, you will receive in coming days" . it was a registered post, the postman will leave the "we have missed you" green paper in your mail box if no one at home.

if you have already submitted all the required documents once on the date they received, i think you will receive these days.
I see... I just don't wanna be annoying, 'cause I sent lots of e-mails already :lol: , but let's see when I will get this letter. From what I've seen people that applied in Dec are getting their letter and ppl that applied in Nov aren't. But I'm really stressed with it.

webbym
Newly Registered

Post by webbym » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:06 pm

We were away for a couple of days and when we returned today, found the brown envelope with our passports and Ack letter
for stamp-4. It wasn't a registered post item as we didn't have to sign or collect it.

It might seem they have a team of 5-10 people who pick up batch of applications received during a week and then divide it amongst
themselves. Some team members might process quickly, others might take some more time and some applications may
require additional processing if there are complications e.g. past refusals etc, so I guess people receive their ack at different
times but majority people whose application was received in the same week should get ack around same time.

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:48 pm

webbym wrote:We were away for a couple of days and when we returned today, found the brown envelope with our passports and Ack letter
for stamp-4. It wasn't a registered post item as we didn't have to sign or collect it.

It might seem they have a team of 5-10 people who pick up batch of applications received during a week and then divide it amongst
themselves. Some team members might process quickly, others might take some more time and some applications may
require additional processing if there are complications e.g. past refusals etc, so I guess people receive their ack at different
times but majority people whose application was received in the same week should get ack around same time.
I'm glad you got your documents back and so the letter for the Stamp 4. I just wanted to know when you applied for EU1, because you didn't mention it. (I think)

I am really concerned guys, I have applied on 28/11 and requested my documents back and got them on 10/12, but since then I didn't get anything, not even the letter for the Stamp 4. I wonder if requesting the documents might delay the application. (Which I do not think so). Has anyone applied by the end of November that didn't get the letter yet?

webbym
Newly Registered

Post by webbym » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:16 pm

We sent on 20/11, but some people who applied the following week got it before us .. so I guess it might be a week here or there.

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:26 am

Congratulations everyone who's received a response. Still waiting for mine. Webbyms explanation of why some people got there's seems spot on. I've done admin jobs like that before and that's the way it worked.

Bit surprised that the docs are coming back as regular post. Would have gladly sent a postal order or whatever to seem them returned safely.

For those people still waiting, hope next week will be our lucky week!

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:50 pm

@webbym Yeah, that seems right!

@tastylentils As you said this might be our lucky week. Can't wait to be honest, because I'm travelling on the 27th and wouldn't like coming back to Ireland without a GNIB card. Also because I need to work lol... Let's see! When I get my letter I will let you guys know! :)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:26 am

CalvinKlien wrote:And the next answer "Leinster Immigration" will post to pay him 59 Euros + VAT ......LOLLLLLLZZZZZ
Can we please show courtesy to each other
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:39 am

Almost 7 weeks - no luck. What about you guys that are still waiting?

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:20 am

Hi there everyone, finally got our letter and docs back. Took 8 weeks and 1 day.

Just a heads up my wife wrote a letter three weeks ago and never got any response. She sent an email asking for her passport back so she could travel. By that time the docs were already in the post. We had a reply for someone who didn't even bother to check our situation sent the same email as above and stated that before they could send passports back we had to give proof of travel. Anyway, this could be a real problem for some folks who need to leave ireland on short notice for family or business.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi everyone. We submitted our application on 9 Jan and this is our third week. By reading all your pots I guess ours would also take around 6-7 weeks. We were about to submit our application during the first week of Dec but decided otherwise due to holidays.
Plus has anyone managed to get temp stamp4 for their dependent siblings/parents in the last two months?

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:38 pm

I submitted my application with all the mention documents on 6th jan. Only one document was missing and that too I sent on 22nd jan.
Can any one share their experience about how to get the passport back as I need to travel on 9th feb. I have already mention about this in my application, again on the letter and posted it on 22nd and an email with my tickets.
As now a days it's taking more than 4 weeks to get an acknowledgement.
Congrats guys who got their letters.
Any one who can share about getting travel documents back.

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:19 am

Judging from my own experience. Don't bother writing a letter to get your passports back. Try an email. Make sure to include enough information so they can find your application easily and tell them you've already submitted a request for a return of passport. I wrote on thursday and got a reply on Friday.

I really don't understand the necessity of keeping passports for 2 months.I have a sneaking suspicion that once they get our documents, they put them in a big pile, wait 7 and half weeks and then process them in about 10 minutes. But i could just be too cynical.

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:44 pm

I got my ack letter last Thursday, Thank God. It was almost 8 weeks. Actually when I noticed that it was coming to 8 weeks, I was almost going to complain on Solvit website, but I gave them a last chance and started to email them every two days, asking for an update, of course they gave me automatic response, and when I noticed in the mailbox there was the green paper from the post office, so I went there straight away and it was finally from INIS. After I got my Stamp 4 they emailed me saying that they have sent the ack letter on 21/01. I was like: Really? :x

Anyway, I applied on 27/11/2014 and got the letter on 22/01/2015. Be prepared to wait!

@tastylentils I definitely agree with you, they must do that! There ain't no other way, really.

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Just gotta reply for my mail from eu treaty right
With no other information about my application.
Dear X,

Your passports will be returned to you shortly.

Best regards,

Robert J. Scott
EU Treaty Rights Unit
Residence Division
Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

ch123

Post by ch123 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:26 pm

Did anyone who sent their EU 1 application in Jan 2015 receive acknowlegement letter/ stamp 4 yet? We're entering in our fourth week.

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:03 pm

ch123 wrote:Did anyone who sent their EU 1 application in Jan 2015 receive acknowlegement letter/ stamp 4 yet? We're entering in our fourth week.
I sent my application on 6th Jan 2015. Still haven't received any letter. I mailed them about getting my passport back as Iam travelling on 10th of Feb. And got their reply.
The Reason of delays are because more than half of the application are sent off site and when processed are sent back to Dublin Gnib.

MRX,
Your application was sent to our off-site processing unit and I am
currently arranging to have it sent back to Dublin early so that we can get
your passports sent out to you sometime next week. I will email you on
Monday to give you an update

webbym
Newly Registered

Post by webbym » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:38 pm

That is interesting .. seems like part of their new simplification plan.

In anycase, it took us 7-8 weeks for the ack, which despite xmas, is quite a long time. However, I hope you
guys should get it sooner now that they should be back from holidays and operating at full capacity :D

ch123

Post by ch123 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:18 pm

I just hope we get our letter asap. I might email them too next week to get our passports sent back. I don't get why they keep our passports for so long.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi everyone.... I send my EU3 with all relevant documents on 6th of January & still no reply from DOJ.... Anybody send their EU1 or EU3 around same time & got any reply back from DOJ? Will be nice to see some feedback back from the people who applied around same time...

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Guys!
I submitted my application on 6th Jan and got my doscuments and stamp 4 visa letter on 3rd feb. So I guess I was bit lucky as it took less than a month for me.
Good luck guys those who are waiting for theirs.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:14 am

Hi,

We applied for EU 1 on 12 Jan 2014 and by the Grace of God we got our temp stamp 4 letter today. Took us less than a month. :)

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:40 am

I applied for EU3 on 6th of January & still no reply. I send them email today & got reply from them.

"Your application is in the middle of being processed. You should have correspondence from us within the next week.
Best regards"

So hopefully I will have some news by end of next week....