ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 appeals processing time

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MKA2015
Newly Registered

EU1 appeals processing time

Post by MKA2015 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:11 am

Does anyone have any idea how long it is taking to get responses to appeals? My appeal is in relation to an application under EU treaty rights for a non EU citizen married to a British citizen living in Ireland.

arz1986
- thin ice -

Re: EU1 appeals processing time

Post by arz1986 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:51 pm

my housemate appeal EU form decision, marriage case, appeal in may, 9 month ago still waiting..

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:26 pm

My brother's appeal pending since Oct 15. No reply still. Permitted (Extended) family member case.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi Guys do they extend visa when you wait for appeals?

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Yes and No,

Yes, For people who were originally given a Temp Stamp 4, both direct and permitted family members. Its not normally automatic thou. You gotta write to them asking for decision/extension and then they issue a letter with 2-3 months extension. You take that to Garda and they renew the card. They did put out a notice that you can directly get the card extended from Garda if your stay is expiring and still awaiting decision but I dont know if that still happens/happened in practice or not.

No, For people who weren't initially given a Temp Stamp 4 when they applied. These are mainly Permitted family members applying since the rules changed early last year.

MKA2015
Newly Registered

Post by MKA2015 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Thank you for responses.

Does anyone know if the Application Decisions that are published every Tuesday on the INIS website include all applications? The reason I ask is because the numbers I see on there don't follow the same sequence as the reference numbers I have.

My application is using EU 1 form for a non EU spouse of a UK citizen. (Treaty Rights)

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 am

MKA2015 wrote:Thank you for responses.

Does anyone know if the Application Decisions that are published every Tuesday on the INIS website include all applications? The reason I ask is because the numbers I see on there don't follow the same sequence as the reference numbers I have.

My application is using EU 1 form for a non EU spouse of a UK citizen. (Treaty Rights)

Thanks in advance for any responses.
INIS published visa decisions who applied outside Ireland.
You will get your decision by Registered post .. make sure your address is Upto date with them .

Regards
🚙...................................🚓 🚓..🚓...🚓
🇨🇮❤️🇵🇰

billy89
Newly Registered

Post by billy89 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:51 am

My wife appealed last September and she got her approval letter last Monday,so around 6 months in total.

MKA2015
Newly Registered

Post by MKA2015 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Thank you both for the informative responses.

Ireland2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ireland2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:06 am

hi,
I have stamp 4 for 5 years. My wife had been working till Feb 2016. That time we were living in Cavan. After that we move to Dublin. My wife had been looking for job but she could not find. We had been living in sharing. So we could not update our Address with GNIB. In Nov 2017 we updated, a confirmation email from GNIB IS with us. During this time we travelled twice to my wife country. My wife travel herself bit more. In March 2018 we were coming back from turkey. At Dublin airport they serve me revoked letter with 15 days. They mentioned that my wife is not residing in Ireland her eu treaty rights ceased while she was with me at airport. Any how in 15 we given them reply with old p45, p 60, My job contract, pay slips, her old and new tax credit certificate. In June 2018 they revoked my visa and mentioned that my wife is not practicing eu rights, they mentioned correspondence which they did in Dec 2017 and Jan 2018 at Cavan Address & did not mentioned my wife 2018 tax credit certificate while my solicitor provided them. They didn't sent any letter at my updated Dublin address while I mentioned them their email reply. I have a print with me.Now I m in just Review appeal, EU4 form. I want to know how long it would take to get reply and what may be the reply. I have sent them My wife payslip, tax credit certificate 2018 and pics of our tours along family.
Thanks
Last edited by Ireland2018 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:37 pm

Ireland2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:06 am
hi,
I have stamp 4 for 5 years. My wife had been working till Feb 2016. That time we were living in Cavan. After that we move to Dublin. My wife had been looking for job but she could not find. We had been living in sharing. So we could not update our Address with GNIB. In Nov 2017 we updated, a confirmation email from GNIB IS with us. During this time we travelled twice to my wife country. My wife travel herself bit more. In March 2018 we were coming back from turkey. At Dublin airport they serve me revoked letter with 15 days. They mentioned that my wife is not residing in Ireland her eu treaty rights ceased while she was with me at airport. Any how in 15 we given them reply with old p45, p 60, My job contract, pay slips, her old and new tax credit certificate. In June 2018 they revoked my visa and mentioned that my wife is not practicing eu rights, they mentioned correspondence which they did in Dec 2017 and Jan 2018 at Cavan Address & did not mentioned my wife 2018 tax credit certificate while my solicitor provided them. They didn't sent any letter at my updated Dublin address while I mentioned them their email reply. I have a print with me.Now I m in just Review appeal, EU4 form. I want to know how long it would take to get reply and what may be the reply. I have sent them My wife payslip, tax credit certificate 2018 and pics of our tours along family.
Thanks

If the eu spouse is not working it is still ok, until u have enough money to survive, that is the self-suffiency, eu treaty rights can be based on that too, not only working, but in that case you should have got comprehensive health insurance, for that time when you wife is not working.
Technically they are right, when your wife is not working anymore and you dont have that insurance, your wife is not exercising eu treaty rights. Though in general, the eu citizen is considered under freedom of movement directive for 6 months after the loss of job, if the eu citizen is looking to get a job and they have reasonable chances.