ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Application still waiting for full res card...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

EU1 Application still waiting for full res card...

Post by robsters » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:33 pm

we are still waiting for our full residence card for eu1 application , my wife on the temp card but were told on the letter we would get a decision no later then september but we were told this over 2 months ago. also my wife is pregnant and i am worried if they refused her application she could not possibly go home when she be over 6 months pregnant, is it worth telling the immigration she pregnant would it fast track the application to be approved?

adeolual
Newly Registered

Re: EU1 Application still waiting for full res card...

Post by adeolual » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:38 am

Hi,
Its of no point of you telling the immigration case worker that your wife is pregnant, in as much as you have provided the necessary documents they required for the application. you got noting to worry about so long you as EU citizen and qualified to reside in Ireland and working by exercising your treaty right besides stop thing negative about the application be positive.

EU1 application approximately takes six(6) months to be process and in your case it still two (2) months so be patience. your application will be successful.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Join the queue Robster, it does take the full 6 months. My husband decision date is the 2nd set, am sure ur wife's decision date was also written in the letter you got from INIS.
This is a serious waiting game so u just have to be patient like the rest of us.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:03 am

yeah ours said 26th September so its that day we will know basically? i was hoping they might process it before hand, i am a bit worried as i changed my job sent the new contract but got no letter back about it, should i forward on payslips just to be safe from the new job as i get them? or just leave sleeping dogs lye

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:56 pm

You have to keep sending payslip monthly until the last month. It's up to you to keep them informed about ur situation.
If u don't send anything they will assume u are no longer working

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:20 pm

adedayoh wrote:You have to keep sending payslip monthly until the last month. It's up to you to keep them informed about ur situation.
If u don't send anything they will assume u are no longer working

really? i had no idea! i have not sent anything for months :/ i will have to post the last 3 months tomorrow then, jesus they never said that on there letters

benfares

Post by benfares » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi Robster

Dont send anything they asked for two payslips on the EU 1 form so send just two. I only sent two and I am just waiting. Plus I read about this British guy,
he worked and stayed with his wife in Ireland for 3 months and went to England straight after through the port of entry. In England he received the letter for EU 1 application and got his residence card because he re-directed his mail.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi

thanks for the advise i also sent the new contract of employment (as it said any change of circumstances) but i heard nothing since and i sent that over a month ago

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Yes benefare, am well aware af the case. But did u also realise he was exercising is right as self employed.

Robster am in the same situation as u, it doesn't cost u more than 5 euro monthly to send ur monthly payslip by registered post.
Save ur self the stress and the headache, the form only says 2 payslip for the initial application. U do need to keep them updated about ur situation. So if u decide not to send docs then good luck.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:22 pm

adedayoh wrote:Yes benefare, am well aware af the case. But did u also realise he was exercising is right as self employed.

Robster am in the same situation as u, it doesn't cost u more than 5 euro monthly to send ur monthly payslip by registered post.
Save ur self the stress and the headache, the form only says 2 payslip for the initial application. U do need to keep them updated about ur situation. So if u decide not to send docs then good luck.
yeah i will post my may and june pay slips tomorrow also have my july pay slip ahead of time from my new job and send that to. i add a covering letter saying sorry for delay in getting the pay slips in all fairness my old job was slow giving them so only got them few weeks ago anyway so hopefully be ok, but yeah nothing to lose by sending them really, is it worth seeing the updated tax cert as well?

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Guys you need to send your payslips & Contact if you change your job. If someone still on same job when he/she applied for EU1 4EUFAM , then dont need to send payslips every month. Its only when your job satiation changes. Its my personal experience & my solicitor was looking after my EU1. All she send my recent two payslips & job contract for initial EU1 application. We never send any other documents or payslips & exact after 6 months I got my EU1 approval.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:35 pm

roddy1984 wrote:Guys you need to send your payslips & Contact if you change your job. If someone still on same job when he/she applied for EU1 4EUFAM , then dont need to send payslips every month. Its only when your job satiation changes. Its my personal experience & my solicitor was looking after my EU1. All she send my recent two payslips & job contract for initial EU1 application. We never send any other documents or payslips & exact after 6 months I got my EU1 approval.
does it matter how many hours you work? my new job i did 16 hours a week but my hours are now 30 hours a week and my august pay slip will show that

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Hours really doesn't matter. If you have 16 hours minimum p/w , that's fine. Dont worry about that. And dont expect any reply from DOJ before exact 6 months. They always leave it on last day. I got mine approval letter 2 days after 6 months over.

benfares

Post by benfares » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:45 am

Yes your right roddy 1984. I sent 2 payslips and job contract and just waiting if i dont hear from them i will apply for an eea family permit soon.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:35 am

benfares wrote:Yes your right roddy 1984. I sent 2 payslips and job contract and just waiting if i dont hear from them i will apply for an eea family permit soon.
i want to apply for eea family permit now but we are in a sticky situaton as my wife got pregnant while we were here and luckly pregnant women get health care free in ireland even if they dont have a pps number so i am wary taking her into uk until baby born due to the fact she will need a NI number and not sure how quickly they issue them out and will nhs even help her? in that respect we were going to go to uk after baby born which is due 10 december, what would be the best for us? i was thinking wait until we get full card in september then apply about november time a month before the baby born for the eea family permit?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:58 pm

You can definitely apply for the eea permit, my husband did his two weeks ago. We r just visiting London in August n will come bk to Dublin. We intend to move back by early next year. Have lived here for about a yr but I want to give it abit more time so that we can satisfy the stupid integration required for surinder route.

If ur baby is born is born in Ireland that will definitely be good for ur surinder application when you go back to the UK.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:27 pm

sounds good, are you applying for the uk residence card for the uk while you still live in dublin as well?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Robster u crack me up, u can't apply for a UK resident card while u r in Dublin, u need to move back to the UK to that.

The only thing u can apply for from Dublin is the eea permit which basically a six months visa that allows ur wife travel to the uk

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:55 pm

haha yeah just asking because if we got a eea family permit now baby not born until december so even though we could visit the uk be pointless to get eea family permit now otherwise it would expire shortly after our baby is born, how quickly are the eea family permits issue out for and is it easy to reapply for another after the 6 months has expired, because either way we want to stay in dublin unit baby born as healthcare is better for pregnant women in ireland then uk as hospital gives sole care to preganant women only which is very good and would never be found on the nhs plus not sure how quickly my wife would be allow nhs care?

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Robster

It takes 10 to15 working days for the eea family permit.You get an email saying whether your family permit has been refused or accepted. I think Englands healthcare is much better number 2 in europe after France. My son was born in england plus the healthcare is free and great. One thing about being born in england its so much better than Ireland.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Hey benfare said,
Have u heard back regarding ur eea application, my husband got an email today just saying a decision has been made and he will get his passport back shortly.
It doesn't actually say if the permit was granted or otherwise.

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi Adedayoh

Not really it just says we received your application. You can login and check the status of your application. Plus ours has only been 5 working days. They will let you know by email if it has been refused or accepted. Hopefully, you will get great news
:D

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:53 pm

We we got the email after 2 weeks and it just so decision as been reached, you will know when u pick up ur passport.
So we are waiting to get my husbands passport back then we will find out.
I tot it's abit weird that the email didn't tell us the decision

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:10 am

benfares wrote:Hi Robster

It takes 10 to15 working days for the eea family permit.You get an email saying whether your family permit has been refused or accepted. I think Englands healthcare is much better number 2 in europe after France. My son was born in england plus the healthcare is free and great. One thing about being born in england its so much better than Ireland.
What happens if the child being born in ireland? also how quickly can we get a NI number once we move over? and does she need one to register with a gp and hospital there? so it would be wise to apply for a family permit now then even though we are still waiting for the full residence card

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:23 am

Hi Robster

Your wife can still have the baby in Ireland.But its your choice.I said that because I was born in england plus so was my son and the healthcare is much much better in england. I applied for the eea family just waiting now its been 5 days. If you applied for the eea family your wife would get access to NI number and nhs