ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu1 dependent parent uk citizen 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Omiisl

eu1 dependent parent uk citizen 2016

Post by Omiisl » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:11 am

Hi Everyone,
I am a British Citizen & recently move to Ireland with this hope that my parents & brother (18y.o) can join me in Ireland who are living in Pakistan.
I have been sending them money for past many years & have evidence (UK Remmitance service & Father account in PK). They have no other source of income & my brother currently studying.

1) I dont know where to start? Shall I apply their visit (c) short stay Visa first or Resident permit under EU free movement rights?

2) What are chances of getting Visa & processing time?

3) What else do I need to show that they are dependant on me?

4) Is it better to use any solicitor (sugesstion welcome) or try myself?

Got some information from INIS website but reality is always different which you can only find out from people in similar situation.
Any other tips/advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't know anyone here in similar situation :cry:

Thank you JA

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: eu1 dependent parent uk citizen 2016

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:16 pm

1) I dont know where to start? Shall I apply their visit (c) short stay Visa first or Resident permit under EU free movement rights?

Hi there,

I am not trying to self promote my posts here but if you check out some my posts there's a lengthy explanation of the route I followed to apply for my parent which should hopefully come of use for you. Of course the forum itself has many, many posts that are very informative so the choice is yours.

I did not use a solicitor applying for the EU1 simply because I felt all the evidence and my circumstances have a fairly good chance of succeeding. If you feel your circumstances are complicated then it may be worth considering a solicitor but I have not had first hand experience on the latter so can't comment further.

So far 9 months on and still awaiting a decision from INIS so be prepared for a lengthy wait once the EU1 application has been lodged.

Good luck and I hope you get the information you seek here on this great forum

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:59 am

shpirtshqipe wrote:
Hi there,

I am not trying to self promote my posts here but if you check out some my posts there's a lengthy explanation of the route I followed to apply for my parent which should hopefully come of use for you. Of course the forum itself has many, many posts that are very informative so the choice is yours.

I did not use a solicitor applying for the EU1 simply because I felt all the evidence and my circumstances have a fairly good chance of succeeding. If you feel your circumstances are complicated then it may be worth considering a solicitor but I have not had first hand experience on the latter so can't comment further.

So far 9 months on and still awaiting a decision from INIS so be prepared for a lengthy wait once the EU1 application has been lodged.

Good luck and I hope you get the information you seek here on this great forum
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
I come across one of your post where you mentioned that your mother Visa was processed thru Irish Embassy in Athens, could you please forward me any link to that post where you explained this route procedure in detail. I searched many post but can not find how you applied for C-Visa. I checked INIS website which is showing all procedure to apply online.
I am very much desperate to live with my parents hence never apply for any Visa before with a fear of refusal in UK. Its look like I am running out of time due to new changes happening quickly and longer processing time. I am not very much keen on SS route to take them UK. Living is not bad in Ireland if compare with UK so my focus is now on to get my parents here iA.
After reading different post I think the first thing for me is to apply their short stay c-visa & once they are here then lodge EU1 applicationResident. Also not sure about my brother as he is 18yo now but still studying & dependent on me, lets see.
Once again thanks & pls provide further details on short stay c-Visa process.
Regards

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:53 am

Omiisl wrote:Hi Everyone,
I am a British Citizen & recently move to Ireland with this hope that my parents & brother (18y.o) can join me in Ireland who are living in Pakistan.
I have been sending them money for past many years & have evidence (UK Remmitance service & Father account in PK). They have no other source of income & my brother currently studying.

Got some information from INIS website but reality is always different which you can only find out from people in similar situation.
Any other tips/advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't know anyone here in similar situation :cry:

Thank you JA

Hi omiisl,

You can look at all the relevant posts of mine as I successfully brought my mother to ROI but it was a risky one but worked God willing.

As INIS in Ireland is getting stricter , see if you can try other EU countries too.

I hope it helps. All the best!

Thanks and best regards,
Raja

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:40 pm

raja.brit wrote: Hi omiisl,

You can look at all the relevant posts of mine as I successfully brought my mother to ROI but it was a risky one but worked God willing.

As INIS in Ireland is getting stricter , see if you can try other EU countries too.

I hope it helps. All the best!

Thanks and best regards,
Raja
Thank you Raja.brit, my circumstances are different & they all are my dependent. Its a mission to get their UK visit visa as they have no travel history. If you or anyone else have any information related to get their short stay c visa for IRL then please share.
Thank you all & this platform (immigrationsboard.com & their moderators) amazing place to gather information.
Regards :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Omiisl wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thank you JA
1) Visa.

There is no 'permit' to apply for.

2) Take note of significant delays in Eire processing times.
You may want to look elsewhere. For example, Malta and Cyprus are other Anglophone/Anglophile countries.

3) Show emotional as well as financial dependency.

Note those under age 21 are classed as minors in EU law.

4) Soiicitor is one way to burn money.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
I come across one of your post where you mentioned that your mother Visa was processed thru Irish Embassy in Athens, could you please forward me any link to that post where you explained this route procedure in detail. I searched many post but can not find how you applied for C-Visa. I checked INIS website which is showing all procedure to apply online.
Hi There,

You need to visit the IRISH embassy website of your respective home country and download/apply for C-Visa Single Entry. The embassy website will give you all the details required to complete the application forms. My advise is to strictly follow their instructions and complete them respectively.
Applying for C Short Stay Single Entry visa you need to fulfill the usual requirements for your relatives to come over:

In my case I did the following:

RELATIVE
My parent had savings in the bank account on her name in the region of 2000 euro.
Proof of relationship i.e. birth or family certificate from home country
My parent had a good history of visiting the UK (I attached copies of the UK visas). I believe this helped greatly in her getting the C visa in a short time

SPONSOR (myself)
Proof of residence status in the ROI which included:
3 months utility bills, 3 months pay slips, letter from employer, tenancy agreement
Importantly I included a detailed explanatory (cover) letter addressing each point of the sponsorship undertaking, in the letter I stated clearly I was financing her trip to the ROI including flights, accommodation etc

This is where it gets a bit tricky (and confusing) because for the C Visa you and relatives need to prove they fulfill the C Visa requirements. At the same time by complying with the C Visa requirements, it may contradict some of the requirements of the EU1 application (which requires to prove relatives dependence upon yourself).
Yourself and your relatives are ONLY required to comply with the C Visa requirements - in short give only what INIS asks and nothing more. The same goes with the EU1 application form - give only what INIS asks
Also not sure about my brother as he is 18yo now but still studying & dependent on me, lets see.
Once again thanks & pls provide further details on short stay c-Visa process.
Regards
Unfortunately I am not able to comment about your brother but I would say this:
If you only apply for your parents first then you increase the chances of your parents getting the C Visa (that is because your parents will have a reason to return to your home country since the brother is still there)
If you decide to only apply for your parents then make sure your parents include a cover letter explaining that they have a child back home living with them (they also need to include a certificate of some sort to prove the relationship). The golden rule i have set to myself is that anything stated on the letter needs to be backed up by official evidence to make it viable for use.

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 pm

hi shpirtshqipe,

can you share ur processing timeline of EU1 parents.
i apply in october still waiting 03/10/2016, temp stamp valid till 03/07/2017.
some people suggest not to travel on temporary stamp any advice. did your temp. stamp expired and still no decision.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:30 pm

hi shpirtshqipe,

can you share ur processing timeline of EU1 parents.
i apply in october still waiting 03/10/2016, temp stamp valid till 03/07/2017.
some people suggest not to travel on temporary stamp any advice. did your temp. stamp expired and still no decision.
9 months to date since EU1 application and still waiting.
Initial INIS reply letter stated 6 months but Stamp4 has been given until end of March 2017 so I guess (and pray) a decision is made in the next two months otherwise I'll need to apply for extension of Stamp 4

Shpirtshqipe

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 am

one parent case get it november 2016 after 10 month, but on self employed, not on employment. next month i think you will get.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:23 am

arz1986 wrote:one parent case get it november 2016 after 10 month, but on self employed, not on employment. next month i think you will get.
I hope so arz1986, if I get it next month my friend I'll buy you a Virtual Drink here on this forum :D